GP - Japan - Not really a spoiler, but...? - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes
 
Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-24-2006, 08:05 PM Thread Starter
Bug
Ridiculously Good Looking
 
Bug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Gold Coast
Posts: 32,746
Location: Gold Coast
Sportbike: Sportbike?
Years Riding: No F'in Idea
How you found us: 4 & 6
           
GP - Japan - Not really a spoiler, but...?

Great 1st lap but man what a boring race - Again, Speed's anouncers SUCK worse than a Kawi - 12 Pts baby!!!!!! - Go Vale - I think Nicky owes Nakano a few lap dances

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW, what a RIDE !!"
Bug is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-24-2006, 08:24 PM
Grid Marshall.
 
Cerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naperville
Posts: 29,343
Location: Naperville
Sportbike: Tweener
Years Riding: Do I have to start over now?
How you found us: Followed the Bread Crumbs...
           
Send a message via AIM to Cerk
There's been quite a few yawners this year, punctuated by a few outstanding battles...so much for the "tight" racing the linear 990 powerbands and traction control are said to induce

Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacitus
In a state where corruption abounds, laws must be very numerous.
Cerk is offline  
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-24-2006, 09:30 PM
The Plumber
 
Matoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Spring Grove, IL
Posts: 1,261
Location: Spring Grove, IL
Sportbike: 05 SV650S
Years Riding: enough
How you found us: Another member on another board I visit
           
Send a message via AIM to Matoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug
Great 1st lap but man what a boring race - Again, Speed's anouncers SUCK worse than a Kawi - 12 Pts baby!!!!!! - Go Vale - I think Nicky owes Nakano a few lap dances

That is why I buck up and get the subscription to motogp.com. No commertials and a ton of other footage.
Matoo is offline  
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-24-2006, 09:57 PM
CRF50 Squid
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 9,588
Location: Chicago
Sportbike: K6 GSX-R 750, 1971 CL350
Years Riding: Veteran Poser
How you found us: Google
           
Send a message via AIM to Blah Blah Blah
I was so hoping Nakano could have taken Gibernau with him. Wow this really makes the championship fight interesting. It's time to put the women and children to bed and have the men go out looking for breakfast.

"The man who makes me your enemy, it is he who be the guilty one....Here I abandoned peace and desecrated law; fortune it is you I follow. Farewell to treaties. From now on war is our judge!"
Blah Blah Blah is offline  
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-24-2006, 10:35 PM
Registered User
 
Kruz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: West of 59, North of 88
Posts: 18,885
Location: West of 59, North of 88
Sportbike: 05 CRF50
Years Riding: "Since 1992"
How you found us: You found me
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matoo
That is why I buck up and get the subscription to motogp.com. No commertials and a ton of other footage.
Talk to me more about this...I pay extra for Speed's crappy programming. All I watch is AMA and MotoGP.

?s
How much is the season subscription?
Is it just a username and passord to login? Can you access it from any PC?
I assume I can watch any previous race and "live" races as well?
I assume I can use a TV as a monitor?
Do they show the entire practice, qualifying, and race? All interviews?
Kruz is offline  
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 01:06 AM
i need a new bike, this one is trashed
 
ashwingop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Streamwood
Posts: 2,485
Location: Streamwood
Sportbike: Yammies
Years Riding: A few
How you found us: fellow rider
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruz
Talk to me more about this...I pay extra for Speed's crappy programming. All I watch is AMA and MotoGP.

?s
How much is the season subscription?
Is it just a username and passord to login? Can you access it from any PC?
I assume I can watch any previous race and "live" races as well?
I assume I can use a TV as a monitor?
Do they show the entire practice, qualifying, and race? All interviews?
MOto GP subscription rocks
It think its 18 euros(you do the calculation) for a whole year a fraction more if you want to watch the races live.
Acces is thru username and password so you can acces from anywhere.
Full videos of practice,qualifying and race...125/250/MotoGp...interviews pre and post race and other cool videos
Great commentry(same guys from "Faster")
and when I'm bored I watch battles between Rainey and Schwantz.

I have been subscribing for two years know and I just wish they had some 10 year subscription plan with extra features or something
ashwingop is offline  
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 08:57 AM
BSB > WSBK > MotoGP
 
shadrach's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: South Loop & Cary
Posts: 11,948
Location: South Loop & Cary
Sportbike: '02 GSXR 600 / '98 CBRF3
Years Riding: Since '03
How you found us: Google
           
I spent like $36 for the entire 06 season's premium package, which is like a tank of gas now. I'm thinking of getting the WSBK subscription next year as well.

Jeff
NESBA #311
'02 GSXR600
'98
Smokin' Joe's F3
shadrach is offline  
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 09:38 AM
BEER!
 
Grover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Lindenhurst, IL
Posts: 5,970
Location: Lindenhurst, IL
Sportbike: '01 SV650S (Pokey!) '02 Honda CR125 (Blockhead)
Years Riding: 5
How you found us: SBN
           
Send a message via AIM to Grover
Quote:
Originally Posted by maoisn
I was so hoping Nakano could have taken Gibernau with him. .
+1 I was trying not to spoil the race for Dave and Karen. We were all roughing it at the track, watching MotoGP on satellite Dave and Karen broke out the flatscreen TV for 8 or so people to watch the race. I watched it when Speed aired it. Tough not to spoil it, but damn, I want Nicky to win.

NESBA/CCS #142
AIM: GroverSV650S
Dirtbikes are not submarines
Grover is offline  
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 09:43 AM
Puppy Love!
 
Gixx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Aurora
Posts: 3,462
Location: Aurora
Sportbike: 05' Gixxer 6
Years Riding: Grew up in the dirt, going on my 7th season on the street..
How you found us: Homer Simpson
           
Send a message via AIM to Gixx Send a message via Yahoo to Gixx
Yeah, boring race....Too bad Rossi couldn't finish first, but we'll take 2nd place. Speed's feed sucked, nothing new. The next races are going to really show who has it and who doesn't when it comes to winning championships.

KJ
_____________________________________________
The CLSB Bitch Wrecking Crew

Quote:
I'm here to chew some bubble gum, and kick some ass.......and I'm all out of bubblegum!!
MySpace
XBox Live - Gixx009
Gixx is offline  
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 09:46 AM
You got the talkin' done
 
jrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Alaska, WI
Posts: 15,711
Location: Alaska, WI
Sportbike: 2016 Honda Africa Twin & 1979 Honda CB750F
Years Riding: long enough to have fallen off a few times - glad I wear a helmet!
How you found us: Loose Lips Sink Ships, Loose Wires Cause Fires
           
No GP race is every boring to me. You guys better get to the Dr. and get checked out. There is something wrong with all of you.

What are you? Goofy?

If you ain't with us, then it's just bad news.
jrock is offline  
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 09:46 AM Thread Starter
Bug
Ridiculously Good Looking
 
Bug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Gold Coast
Posts: 32,746
Location: Gold Coast
Sportbike: Sportbike?
Years Riding: No F'in Idea
How you found us: 4 & 6
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixx
The next races are going to really show who has it and who doesn't when it comes to winning championships.
Yeah, I think the guy that crosses the finish line first after all the laps are complete will be the one to win the race - Just my .02

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW, what a RIDE !!"
Bug is offline  
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 09:57 AM
CRF50 Squid
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 9,588
Location: Chicago
Sportbike: K6 GSX-R 750, 1971 CL350
Years Riding: Veteran Poser
How you found us: Google
           
Send a message via AIM to Blah Blah Blah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug
Yeah, I think the guy that crosses the finish line first after all the laps are complete will be the one to win the race - Just my .02
I'd like to think we are all winners of MotoGP.

"The man who makes me your enemy, it is he who be the guilty one....Here I abandoned peace and desecrated law; fortune it is you I follow. Farewell to treaties. From now on war is our judge!"
Blah Blah Blah is offline  
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 09:58 AM
Puppy Love!
 
Gixx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Aurora
Posts: 3,462
Location: Aurora
Sportbike: 05' Gixxer 6
Years Riding: Grew up in the dirt, going on my 7th season on the street..
How you found us: Homer Simpson
           
Send a message via AIM to Gixx Send a message via Yahoo to Gixx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug
Yeah, I think the guy that crosses the finish line first after all the laps are complete will be the one to win the race - Just my .02


What I meant by that statement, is here Nicky is in prime position to win the championship, now all of a sudden he's performing very poorly. This is the time where he needs to get his ass in gear and get on that damn podium, not place in 5th place and lower. The pressure is on Rossi more then ever, and he knows what he has to do, he has to finish in the top 3, possibly in 1st if Nicky podiums. Here is where you see who deserves the championship, when the pressure is on. If Nicky is still truely having problems with his clutch because of stupid fuckin' HRC, then HRC are just a buncha idiots, but if he's letting the pressure get to him, or he's just not hungry enough for that championship, unlike Rossi, well then I think that right there determines who might end up with yet another championship and deserves it!

KJ
_____________________________________________
The CLSB Bitch Wrecking Crew

Quote:
I'm here to chew some bubble gum, and kick some ass.......and I'm all out of bubblegum!!
MySpace
XBox Live - Gixx009
Gixx is offline  
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
Bug
Ridiculously Good Looking
 
Bug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Gold Coast
Posts: 32,746
Location: Gold Coast
Sportbike: Sportbike?
Years Riding: No F'in Idea
How you found us: 4 & 6
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixx


What I meant by that statement, is here Nicky is in prime position to win the championship, now all of a sudden he's performing very poorly. This is the time where he needs to get his ass in gear and get on that damn podium, not place in 5th place and lower. The pressure is on Rossi more then ever, and he knows what he has to do, he has to finish in the top 3, possibly in 1st if Nicky podiums. Here is where you see who deserves the championship, when the pressure is on. If Nicky is still truely having problems with his clutch because of stupid fuckin' HRC, then HRC are just a buncha idiots, but if he's letting the pressure get to him, or he's just not hungry enough for that championship, unlike Rossi, well then I think that right there determines who might end up with yet another championship and deserves it!
Well put

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW, what a RIDE !!"
Bug is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome