Xsport Fitness Membership - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-11-2006, 09:16 PM Thread Starter

Xsport Fitness Membership

I am loking to get a Xsport fitness membership. I need to dropa few pounds and get in shape. I will be starting the fire academy in January/Feb. so I dont have alot of time. What is the best deal I should expect to get at Xsport. I was told I get a discount for neing Advocate Hospital Personnel and Univ. Ill. at Chicago personnel. Is this true? What did everyone pay for their memberships? I am going to drop cash for the whole sum because I have heard horror stories of them charging credit cards. Also I was told to get it in writing word for word what I get and the prices because they tend to change things. I am looking to go to Lyons because it is close to home and Chicago Ridge because it is close to the hospital I work at. Any help would be much appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-11-2006, 09:21 PM

what do mean charging credit cards? and changing things?
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-11-2006, 10:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeusrotty
what do mean charging credit cards? and changing things?

I have heard from some people on the "Other" site when I used to be allowed on there(LOL) that they paid one thing and didnt get it i writing and then they were charged another(More than what they agreed on). This is all hearsay as I have no direct evidence nor has it happened to anyone I know personally.
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-12-2006, 12:42 PM
Super Moderator

Sportbike: bikeless
Years Riding: 10
How you found us: Shit, you know I'm a clsb OG!

Send a message via AIM to Vcook
back when the local xsport was a powerhouse I was a member for several years with no billing issues(i was locked in at the early bird rate from when it opened too, which was nice). I was pretty happy with the place overall, though I would have liked better locker room facilities.

Chris
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-12-2006, 01:38 PM
Look into Pastulio's Eyes

Sportbike: YZF-R1
Years Riding: 2.0
How you found us: Google

I'm a member of the Lyons & Chicago branches, make sure u really like the Lyons one, I don't. I paid CC and had no issues being a member for 2+ yrs
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-12-2006, 02:51 PM

Sportbike: FJR1300
Years Riding: greater than a decade.
How you found us: google

Send a message via AIM to NickIF
Lifetime for the win I love it there. Xsport isn't bad lockers arent as nice though. Never had an issue with xsport for 2 years
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-12-2006, 04:07 PM
The Violator

Sportbike: A little bit of everything.
Years Riding: Not nearly enough!
How you found us: On a ride in Colorado

Been with Xsport since summer w/ no billing issues. Pd 349 while they were building the Downers Grove facility.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 01:43 AM

my sister owns xsport... thats why i asked... any kind of billing issues wouldve been sheer employee error... not a scam... they run an exstremely tight ship over there... if you guys ever have an issue... let me know. as far as locker rooms go... lifetime must be reeeaaalllly nice cause our lockers are the best... spa like if you will... cant really help with pricing though... they are already cheaper than lifetime and are way better and never shady like ballys... making people make payments on memberships they dont use is fucked up... and if you are late, they will fuck up your credit...

Last edited by zeusrotty; 11-13-2006 at 01:46 AM.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 07:31 AM
Joe

Sportbike: 2007 GSX-R600, 2007 KX250F, 2004 YZ450F, 2006 CRF50
Years Riding: As long as I been ridin your mama
How you found us: Joemama

Send a message via MSN to Joe Send a message via Yahoo to Joe
I was a member for a while and never had any issue either.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 09:20 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeusrotty
as far as locker rooms go... lifetime must be reeeaaalllly nice cause our lockers are the best... spa like if you will...
clearly you havent been to all locations, or they dramatically improved them since they were powerhouse(and from the people I've talked to they're still not much better). I went to both the lombard powerhouse(for years, hundreds of times. and the bolingbrook powerhouse when i worked near it). Both had great equipment and were clean on the floor, which is key. However both had small lockerrooms with showers you could barely manuever in, and the lockerrooms would often reek. I'm too old to have a locker room like the one I had in high school wrestling. I dont need a spa, but extra ammenities and perks are what made me switch.

Chris
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 12:02 PM

YEAH THOSE ARE TWO GYMS THAT ARE DUE FOR REMODELING... oops, i wasnt yelling, but when they were new, they were very nice, anyway, try going to one of the newer gyms... downers grove, or naperville...then you will see what i am talking about. Lombard was the first we built, and bolingbrook was just one that we took over... after some jerk stole a bunch of peoples membership money then closed... jeff something...
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 12:04 PM
Super Moderator

I'm not bashing the place, I have fond memories there. I just like nice locker rooms and good towel service.

Chris
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vcook
I'm not bashing the place, I have fond memories there. I just like nice locker rooms and good towel service.
what's included in a good towel service?
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 12:26 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottcher
what's included in a good towel service?
hand release.

a big ass stack of towels in the locker room, and workout towels on the gym floor. Don't charge me extra for it, just up the membership cost and include it.

Chris
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 01:41 PM Thread Starter

So what should I expect to spend on a membership? I would do lifetime but it is far from me and the hospital. The closest to me is in Orland and I live near Midway airport. Not so convenient.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 01:47 PM
-+-+-+-+-+-

Sportbike: 2002 YZF-R1
Years Riding: A few days since yesterday
How you found us: Another website

If you have a YMCA nearby, you might look into going there.

I pay $60 bucks a month for a family membership that is 4 people including my girlfriend. It was zero to start, and there is no commitment. I can cancel anytime.

Also you can goto any YMCA no matter where you are. The facilities are decent, and not nearly as crowded as a Bally's. Plus you can take advantage of everything else the YMCA has to offer.

edit: Oh and the YMCA has all the towels you could want. The only problem I have with them is that they are not very soft on the face.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 02:17 PM Thread Starter

I dont...Plus I like the option of being open 24hrs because I work erratic hours(mostly 3p-11p) so having the flexability to go there anytime of the day is great. What are Lifetimes hours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyhole
If you have a YMCA nearby, you might look into going there.

I pay $60 bucks a month for a family membership that is 4 people including my girlfriend. It was zero to start, and there is no commitment. I can cancel anytime.

Also you can goto any YMCA no matter where you are. The facilities are decent, and not nearly as crowded as a Bally's. Plus you can take advantage of everything else the YMCA has to offer.

edit: Oh and the YMCA has all the towels you could want. The only problem I have with them is that they are not very soft on the face.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode