Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Married or single/dating?

2K views 84 replies 36 participants last post by  Slowass 
#1 ·
How many have taken the plunge?

Personally not getting married for a long time :laughing

#56 ·
Gixx said:
Well, to each their own...I myself have always known what is right for me and what is not right for me. I might have not wanted to believe it at the time, but I always discover that my intuition was correct yet again!! I can honestly say that the relationship I am in now, I know for a fact without one single doubt in my mind is what I want for the rest of my life, and I'm only 25. I've never had that before, I've ALWAYS had doubts. :)
Hmm, that's a tough one. What's right and what isn't right for you may change with time. Overheard a conversation the other day where one lady told a couple that she always wanted 3 kids and was so sure of it, but then after having one and a couple years going by...she realized that's all she wanted. How many people have a single doubt in their mind that their marriage will last forever vs how many that actually do. Well at least half of'em fail...so something changes. There's very few things in life that we can say "for the rest of my life" on and actually understand exactly what that means.

#58 ·
EndlessRR said:
I'm still wondering why Mr. Cerk hasn't posted anything....

:evil JUST KIDDING!
:flip He actually works, and has a good job that doesn't keep him in mommy's basement!!!!!!!! :laughing :laughing ;)

jk

#60 ·
BIGGY said:
What's right and what isn't right for you may change with time.
+1

I changed so much over the course of my 20s. I was MADLY in love with my bf in college, but from age 18 to 22, my criteria on guys changed so much that I grew to be quite disgusted with him :laughing after a while. :laughing

From 22 to 25 I was with a guy I woulda ran away with at the drop of a hat. :laughing Now I think he's just a big jerk. :laughing

My mom always told me that I should wait to get married, as my values and myself will change quite a bit. I'm glad I did cuz now I live in the ghetto with a guy who sleeps with his dirtbikes. :confused

#61 ·
BIGGY said:
Hmm, that's a tough one. What's right and what isn't right for you may change with time. Overheard a conversation the other day where one lady told a couple that she always wanted 3 kids and was so sure of it, but then after having one and a couple years going by...she realized that's all she wanted. How many people have a single doubt in their mind that their marriage will last forever vs how many that actually do. Well at least half of'em fail...so something changes. There's very few things in life that we can say "for the rest of my life" on and actually understand exactly what that means.
Kids and relationships are different, IMO. Couples are either going to make it or not make it, and IMO you are able to tell if you can live with the person forever or not, you either have it or you don't.

Which leads me to another one of my rules to live by :laughing Always live with the guy/girl BEFORE you marry him/her :)

#62 ·
Marriage is a great INSTITUTION if you are ready to be COMMITTED.

And

In tennis, "love" means "NOTHING"!

Seriously tho... I still believe that it is better to love and lose than to play it safe and end up living in a farmhouse in Iowa with a dozen cats...

#64 ·
Gixx said:
Which leads me to another one of my rules to live by :laughing Always live with the guy/girl BEFORE you marry him/her :)
If everyone did this then NO ONE would be married.:laughing

#67 ·
Gixx said:
THANK YOU!!!! i totally agree to this. People change their ways and outlooks on thing and other people when you move in with them..... it's a totally differnt ball game.... a lot of people seporate then... i'd rather seporate than married - move in- divoirce.

#70 ·
Arch said:
You don't buy a car without a test-drive, right?

(I should shut up, I bought 2 that way) HAHA
I'd feel better if i test drove it though first.. it may just be a car... but it's an investment.... i want to see how it feels, looks, runs, accels etc....

#71 ·
Ive got a question for the non-married but dating CLSB couples, some of which have posted on this thread, how many of you plan to get married some day?

If I am correct, Nick and Rachel are the only CLSB couple that stepped up to the next level in their relationship.

#74 ·
BIGGY said:

+1 Also many are on their best behavior before they get maried. This is ChiefBD reprenting Ron. Eventually, through time, the true person will come out

#75 ·
Speaking of Best Behavior and situations that you usually don't encounter until you're living together:

Imagine your significant other is sicker than hell and stuck on the toilet and you have to help them into the bath or shower to get cleaned up.

If that thought doesn't phase you then you're probably ahead of the game.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.