Does anybody know any real estate lawyers - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 07:21 PM Thread Starter

Sportbike: 2001 sv650
Years Riding: 3
How you found us: clearwaterms

Real estate lawyers?

Help me!!!!
I am having some issues with my landlord. He thinks it is my responsibility to fix my furnace. When I told him that it wasnt in this email he called me at 0700 this morning while I was in the shower the voice mail was basicly him screaming in the voice mail that I was threatening him in my email and telling me to either "change my attitude or get out". He then called me at about 1600 and screamed at my some more thing i was able to get out during him screaming at me was "what did you find threatening about the email?" His response was he didn't call me to answer any questions. then screamed at me some more then hung up. I am extremely frustrated I have never rented before and I think I need some legal consult. If any of you know any good lawyer that work in dupage I would greatly appreciate there names and numbers.
TIA Andy

My initial email which started all of this

My Lease states "Tenant will be responible for all repairs under $100.00. Landlord will consider reasonable repairs above that amount if advanded notice and communication to a mutually agreed repair and budget are agreed in writing."

No where on the lease does it state that I am resposible for the first 100.00 dollars of a repair. I am trying to comply with the terms set forth in the lease by giving "advanced notice and communitcation". I interpited the response we recieved was basicly that we are on our own. This is a repair that I will be amazed if it cost less than 100 dollars. Under Illinois state law the heat is your responability. I expect you to have something done immediately to correct the problem.

Also this house does not have any smoke detectors which is your responability and I expect them to be installed promptly. Illinois has also passed a law stating "
Every dwelling unit shall be equipped with at least one
approved carbon monoxide alarm in an operating condition within
15 feet of every room used for sleeping purposes."

This goes into effect 01/01/2007
http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/publ...94-0741&GA=094

I expect these issues to be taken care of.

This was my email after i recieved the phone call this afternoon

If you ever call me again you will do it to have a conversation. You will not call me to try to intimidate me, belittle me, or bully me in any other way and then hang up on me. Any other phone call to me in that manner I will consider harassment.

Last edited by andy911; 11-21-2006 at 07:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 08:12 PM
YO MAMA

Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!

well do you know how easy it is to get token the wrong way on line right?

if not let me tell you people get it from me a lot cause they don't understand me.

"EXAMPLE"
but here is my take from being a professional home or builder renter.

this tenant is a pushy little prick! but i gotta look into whats going on and get some things fixed. call the guy up and be like hey, i got your e-mail, why don't we go over this on the phone. not quit sure i was understanding you correctly, and then see where your coming from.

example" normal cheap ass renter, WTF??? who the fuck does this asshole think he is telling me to JUMP and fix this and that, if not he is going to call the village and say i am not to code!? fuck you little pass ant. wanna tell someone what to do??? go ahead, it will be weeks before an inspector comes out. and it will be weeks before you get heat. all i gotta do is SAY i am fixing the problem! what a dick.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode