HOLY CR*P at Best Buy this morning. - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-24-2006, 06:04 AM Thread Starter
YO MAMA

Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!

HOLY CR*P at Best Buy this morning.

ok, so as i noted in that black Friday thread, i was gonna go in and get back 30.00 bucks on 2 items i bought 11 days ago. i even called the cooperate office and they wernt sure they said it was best to check with the store your going to. so i spoke to RYAN and he is like yeah sure come on in and bring the receipt if you have it if, not we can look it up.

so i am set to go. the only other thing i wanted but NO BIGGIE if i got was to get a wide screen monitor. so i go there and there is a line to get into the parking lot which is already filled. people were parking in what ever across the street they could and walked over. i found a quick spot to jam the sportage in. walked over and and got in line once i waked to the outer edge of the parking lot where it meets the street.

what looked like 600 people in front of me going down the lot, past the best buy and looping to the front, at least 600 people! so i said, fuck it ill grab what ever i can when i get inside after i get my money back. mind you its not the 30 bucks i just wanna get money back for the thousands i spent there alone in the last couple months."princeable"

so anyway, once i get in side TOTAL chaos, i waited and got by a lot of people to go to the return desk thinking i wont get jack shit when i get out of this line, i should have just shopped 1st but couldn't since i had my laptop card with me in case they wanted to give me some shit they wouldn't price match curcit city.

end result?

there was no returns or exchanges open till normal time of 10am, also the lady said there is no price matching other stores and there is no price matching the door busters, i was like what? say again please???

then said sorry, all the time the guy next to me directing people and store assistants was the General Manger she also asked him to be sure.

he said the same thing but a little louder since he was in that tone dealing with the crowd.

sorry sir, there is no price matching other stores or price matching our own door busters from 5-11 this morning and there is no return registers open at this time, i am sorry and i value you as a customer.

i said in a clam voice, look i know this place is a mad house, but i called cooperate and i also called this store to CONFIRM and talked to ryan, he said it was best to come in when they opened, do you think i would honestly deal with the crowd, the cold to return something i couldn't and to get tied up so long that now there is nothing to get a deal on something here!

then said quietly, as he asked me to step closer, hey i know ive seen you in here a lot, come in later and asked for me i will make this up to you, i promise.

so i am going back and at 10am by then it should be back to normal since nothing will be there.

it was utter madness, the side and the front of the store looked like homeless people were sleeping there with litter even the homeless don't leave.

i will never deal with this again. even for a T.V. that is 700 bucks off, from the looks of it people were living out there since 7pm yesterday.

TO FUNNY!!!!!

i dont regret nothing, it just proves why i never try to deal with shopping crap like that, and this morning proved it

Last edited by Odysseys; 11-24-2006 at 06:07 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-24-2006, 06:47 AM
Joe Momma...

Sportbike: None
Years Riding: 1,2,4,5 count d'z rocks biatch!
How you found us: member

Send a message via AIM to JoJo
yeah man i went to staples this morning at 5am(since i live above one) and it was total chaos. The main manager was trying to keep it organized but going very slow. One of the other mangers said f*ck it and open the doors and I swear i was running with the bulls. They only had 8 of the laptops i wanted so i had no change. My lady stayed around and got a nice FP monitor since she didn't want to get up at 5am for nothing

No more black friday crap for me

My name is JB, people call me JB

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy
"I wouldn't be surprised to see this guy catch a pass with his ass cheeks"
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-24-2006, 08:15 AM Thread Starter
YO MAMA

i forgot to mention there was 2 cop cars and 4 officers 2 inside the store and 2 outside the store, at one point after 100 people went in, the cops stopped the line and shouted to stop pushing and now form a single line. i guess some shit was going up there needless to say.

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-24-2006, 08:19 AM
OBAMA FTW!!!!1!

Sportbike: Bike less, link to pictures of crashed bike in signature
Years Riding: Riding 3.5 years
How you found us: Hunny's Mom!

Send a message via AIM to .:K2:.
I started work @ Best Buy @ 4am and there were wayyyy over 300 people in line by the time the store opened @ 5 I would guess that the line almost doubled. I wonder if they are price matching the 56" Toshiba that Biggy bought last week?

<---- Andy

Gear saved my life - there is no luck involved in wearing gear.

Crashed Bike pictures:
https://www.chicagolandsportbikes.com...&postcount=138
https://www.chicagolandsportbikes.com...&postcount=139
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-24-2006, 08:22 AM

Sportbike: 2000 Hayabusa Blue & Silver! Mods-> Oh yeah!
Years Riding: Oh just a couple or so....
How you found us: Old SBN days.......

Black FRIDAY is the worst!! Woodfield Mall....WOODFIELD MALL WAS 80% FULL at 7 this morning!!! My company agreed to pay me 12 hrs for working 2 hrs this morning. Just to make sure all the buildings started up after the holiday. Ofcourse i said yes.......(because i typically work today anyway) Gotta love a new company!

Anyway... The entire Golf rd stretch from Meachum to 53 was a NIGHTMARE!!

<--Kelly

2000 Hayabusa
2006 Honda CRF50
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-24-2006, 08:33 AM
BSB > WSBK > MotoGP

Sportbike: '02 GSXR 600 / '98 CBRF3
Years Riding: Since '03
How you found us: Google

What are the tollways like? I need to drive into the city (I290) around noon today for work.

Jeff
NESBA #311
'02 GSXR600
'98
Smokin' Joe's F3
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-24-2006, 08:35 AM
Irony helps us play!

Sportbike: 2000 F4
Years Riding: Long enough to know better
How you found us: some hot MILF whispered it in my ear

*cough*

online shopping.

You can buy things while sitting in your underwear sipping a coffee laced w/ Irish Cream.

Hitting a store is fucking madness anymore.

Everyone Exaggerates

We're being taken for a ride... agaaaaaaain.....

Best Auto/Moto Insurance | Motorcycle Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-24-2006, 08:36 AM

Sportbike: 05 DRZ-SM, 80 GS1100E, 99 KTM 125SX, 03 KTM 200MXC
Years Riding: Since 2001
How you found us: ?

Send a message via AIM to Ryan Send a message via Yahoo to Ryan
I hope Circuit City isn't too bad when I get out of work today. I just want to pick up a couple Xbox games.

-Ryan
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-24-2006, 08:47 AM
Administrator

Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.

Send a message via AIM to HDTony
all of my Christmas shopping is done online this year. I am not going near any store. all those people annoy me. my wife just left, she is on her way out shopping. I think she's crazy, but I'm not stopping her, shes buying stuff for me

HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-24-2006, 08:48 AM
Joe

Sportbike: 2007 GSX-R600, 2007 KX250F, 2004 YZ450F, 2006 CRF50
Years Riding: As long as I been ridin your mama
How you found us: Joemama

Send a message via MSN to Joe Send a message via Yahoo to Joe
I can sense a market that the homeless have yet to exploit - waiting in line for people. Think about it, a great way to make some extra money.
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-24-2006, 09:43 AM
"PC" ,my balls

Sportbike: '02 GSXR1000 (street),'02 GSXR600 (track),'94CR125 (dirt), 3x pocketbikes (oval), KTMs x 3
Years Riding: 20 years
How you found us: Google search

I drove past Best Buy in Bolingbrook last night on the way home at midnight and there were people wrapped in blankets sleeping on the sidewalk. [email protected]#king nuts.

My wife thinks we're a bunch of Top Gun wannabes with our call signs, so for future reference, I'm Roger

I've done some things I'm not proud of...and the things I am proud of are disgusting - Moe on the Simpsons
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-24-2006, 10:29 AM

Sportbike: 99 Honda CBR600F4
Years Riding: 7
How you found us: Honda Sportsbike Network

When Fry's opened this morning, the line wrapped all the way around to the back of the store (easily 500+ people). When they opened the doors, everyone was inside within 5 minutes. They had a secondary line for "computers". Whatever you were getting. The whole thing was quite efficient, and effective. 90% of their sales are unadvertised, so I walked around a bit (oh... got there at 4:55, they opened at 5. I got everything I went for).

I went to buy some memory for my computer, saw the $69 price tag and was like... well, that's $30 less than normal. When I actually got it, it was 2 chips, not 1! Got a couple of 2 gig cards for my cameras... $29... with a $20 rebate. Normally they're in the $70 range.

Left Fry's at 5:30 (the line to check out was almost non-existant... LOVE how they do it there). Next stop: Home Depot. I was one of the first to get in the door, all I wanted was one of those Gorilla ladders (it's a little giant knock-off). On sale for $59. Well, they had exactly 1 with a "bonus" $35 step. Yeah, that's the one I left with.

Next stop: Menards. Picked up a 12 bottle wine fridge, $40 off. They only had one more.

Went home, back in bed by 7. $650 worth of items for (after rebates), $240. Total time doing bullshit waiting around... 30 minutes.
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-24-2006, 11:10 AM

Sportbike: Kawi ZX-10R
Years Riding: Since February 2012
How you found us: NESBA bbs

Send a message via Yahoo to Chills
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadrach
What are the tollways like? I need to drive into the city (I290) around noon today for work.
I drove into the Loop on 88 and 290 this morning around 10 and they were clear. Lighter traffic than even a normal Friday at that time.

Never a bad time to climb... unless the weather is really horrible, and then you climb inside!

I bleed GREEN
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-24-2006, 11:49 AM Thread Starter
YO MAMA

NOT only did i get my refund of 30 bucks, but he also knocked off 40.00 again off the SRX400 card.

75 bucks back in my pocket.

i love best buy!!!

post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-24-2006, 12:11 PM
My lil Stunt Girl

Sportbike: Still riding my 04 R6 in my dreams
Years Riding: Retired
How you found us: Craigslist

Send a message via Yahoo to Chigirl
WOW glad it worked out.

"Live life or get the hell outta my way. "

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusaGirl
Damn haters!

How can you dig for gold when you make your own???
Quote:
Originally Posted by maoisn
That is the beauty of photography. You get to capture a moment in time. Each picture tells a story.
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-24-2006, 12:13 PM Thread Starter
YO MAMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigirl
WOW glad it worked out.

me too, i didn't wanna have to leave knocking shit off the shelves all over the place

post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-24-2006, 12:24 PM

Sportbike: Resurrection Built YZ250F, Various European Junk
Years Riding: Yes
How you found us: SBN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odysseys
me too, i didn't wanna have to leave knocking shit off the shelves all over the place

LOL, I punted a tv off of a cart there like 8 years ago.
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-24-2006, 01:05 PM

Sportbike: .
Years Riding: .
How you found us: .

Lmao I shoved all the cheap DVDs off one of those monster tables a few years ago when they lost my xbox warranty.
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-24-2006, 08:57 PM

No real problems here. For my tv stand they did a credit on the spot. It wasn't a door buster item so that wasn't an issue. As for my tv, I have to wait a few days on the credit to come through. For the tv all I had to do was call in and they sent it to their corporate credit department. While I don't doubt that it should work, my only concern is that something doesn't workout and they say "nah we can't do it". But in the store it was zero hassel to get at least the tv stand price refunded to me.
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-24-2006, 10:47 PM
Please attend carefully..

Sportbike: 2000 ZX6R (the green one!)
Years Riding: 2000
How you found us: I've been here a while...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch
online shopping.
I'll one up ya: gift cards.

"Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it." - JP2

"Life is just a place where we spend time between games" - former Philadelphia Flyers coach Fred Shero

"everyone's a nutjob, some just have more restraint than others" - EndlessRR
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-24-2006, 11:59 PM
What?

Sportbike: Muzzy Raptor
Years Riding: 28
How you found us: turbo guy

I said no way this year.. slept in till 7 30 or so... I did cruise by Staples at around 8 30 though.. that place looked like it had been picked clean.. Same parking lot as wal mart... Every place was filled with cars still... crazy for sure

Matt Drucker

AMA Pro # 140 for: DMG/AMA Daytona Sportbike UN RETIRED
CCS/Formula USA # 140 UN RETIRED
NESBA CR OFF Sabbatical
post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-25-2006, 10:35 AM
CLSB SoCal Chapter

Sportbike: 2004 Red Kawasaki ZZR 600
Years Riding: since 2004
How you found us: My hubby Shane aka "Nickyfan"

Talking

I was done doing all my shopping by 10am only because I went back for Shane at 8am at home. It was kind of interesting shopping by myself from 5am to 8am.

Went to Meijer, Target, Ace Hardware, Best Buy, Bed Bath and Beyond, Staples, Micro Center and Frys and I got most of the things I wanted and some things I just happen to see.

It's amazing what Meijer looked like at 5am considering it's open 24 hours. Those damned freaks must have been at the electronics register lined up at 2am. They had the Plainfield cops in there 'cause a bunch of idiots got into a shoving mathch over 20 inch lcd tvs for $50. I mean come on people, I love a good deal too but it's just a tv, "let it go".

<--------Paulette
And the Wisdom to hide the bodies of those who refuse to
GET THE HELL OUT OF MY WAY!!
"Number '69' All the Way!"
"GO NICKY HAYDEN!!!"

Paulette's Facebook
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-30-2006, 12:52 PM

Just an update, I had 3 issues to deal with Best Buy.

1. Bought tv stand before black friday sale for $350. My goal was to get them to price match it to their Fri/Sat sale after thanksgiving to $200. Result: As I mentioned in another post, they did a credit instantly at the store.

2. Forgot to add in free dvd recorder when purchased my tv. Result: Earlier today they placed an order for me which I was charged for the dvd recorder and then a credit was issued right away. So I'll go to Best Buy for a free store pickup.

3. Purchased Toshiba 50HM66 DLP tv prior to Fri/Sat sale for $1900. My goal was to get Best Buy to price match their sale again to $1200. Result: I haven't checked my credit card in a few days until today. My request for the price match was by phone (since I ordered online because of the free delivery). Called in on the 24th and I see now that the $700 credit was back on my card as of the 26th.

So end result is that while it took more than same day, all in all I got about $1000 in savings/free stuff without dealing with any crowds or lines the morning of the sale. That's almost a friggen paycheck right there and well worth the wait!!!

The only downer...to be safe I called corp a bunch of times as well as the stores to verify. While most of the time I was told that I could do exactly what I was planning, every once in a while someone would tell me that I couldn't do it which would cause me to call again and check. For that kind of cash it was worth the hour of homework and checking I had to do.
post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-30-2006, 01:21 PM

Sportbike: R6, SV1000s, rm250
Years Riding: since 2001 in socal
How you found us: team chicago

Glad it all worked out for you man. I went through the phone calls back and forth and opted not to just b/c of the mixed answers. I ended up buying a bigger tv online, and a very good price comperable to bf. Went to bb on friday at 10 didn't have much of a wait. Picked out a black TV stand that was $319 on sale for $199, they brought it to the front of the store and someone sold it from underneath the sales guy. He got me a different stand that was originally $350 for the same price as the one the I was going to get and I like this one even better. All in all still some hassle but also great deals to be had. Also sorry for the invite then the s/o deciding it was bed time so I had to bail. Look me up tonight if you're up for some GoW. I think I've finally gotten the hang of the controls. The game is a BLAST!
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-30-2006, 01:39 PM

Sportbike: Kawi ZX-10R
Years Riding: Since February 2012
How you found us: NESBA bbs

Send a message via Yahoo to Chills
Wow, Biggy, that sure paid off for you. Good going on your homework.

Never a bad time to climb... unless the weather is really horrible, and then you climb inside!

I bleed GREEN
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-30-2006, 01:40 PM

Yea I think you got the same stand as me...Bush I think.
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-30-2006, 02:14 PM

Sportbike: R6, SV1000s, rm250
Years Riding: since 2001 in socal
How you found us: team chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGGY View Post
Yea I think you got the same stand as me...Bush I think.
yeah, big enough for a 62" tv, though i just got a 37" LCD HDTV. I'm still loving the combo and the 360.
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-30-2006, 03:34 PM Thread Starter
YO MAMA

kick ass !!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode