Donations for Cancer Awareness!!! - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-29-2007, 04:40 PM Thread Starter

Sportbike: FJR1300
Years Riding: greater than a decade.
How you found us: google

Send a message via AIM to NickIF
Donations for Cancer Awareness!!!

I'm doing the "Relay for Life" walk from 7pm to 7am in the end of March. All donations go towards raising cancer awareness. If you are interested in donating please follow the link below and type in "Nick Mardirosian" for participants name. Thanks guys!

http://www.kintera.org/faf/search/se...B049A30D&lis=1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-29-2007, 05:38 PM Thread Starter

info

Relay For LifeŽ is much more than a walk around a track. It is a time to remember those lost to cancer and celebrate those who have survived. It is a night for people who have shared the same experience to comfort and console one another. Relay gives you the power to help accelerate the Society's progress toward a future where cancer doesn't take the lives of our friends and family.
So what happens when you support the American Cancer Society through Relay For LifeŽ? You help us save lives, you help those who have been touched by cancer, and you help empower individuals to fight back against this disease. Here's how:

Saving Lives
Every dollar you raise makes a difference to people in your community whose lives are touched by cancer. The Society has contributed to almost every major discovery in cancer research. Millions of lives have been saved as a result, including people you may know. For those people and countless others, the research the Society has funded is resulting in better ways to prevent, detect, and treat cancer.
The American Cancer Society will also continue to exert influence on all levels of government, advocating for stronger policies and enacting legislation that will save lives and conquer cancer.

Helping Those Touched by Cancer
When cancer affects you or someone you love, the American Cancer Society can lessen your fears and provide inspiration through our many programs and services - all free of charge and made possible through donations from local communities.
Your donations also give those touched by cancer answers to their questions and offer places to turn for help in their community through the Society's Web site, http://www.cancer.org and our 24-hour toll-free number, 1-800-ACS-2345.

Empowering People to Fight Back Against Cancer
A cancer survivor's recovery involves much more than medical treatments - it takes hope to heal. By participating in the American Cancer Society Relay For LifeŽ, those touched by cancer can feel empowered to fight back against this disease.
All of this is made possible because of activities like Relay For LifeŽ. Are you ready to get involved? It's easy! You can put together a team or join an existing team. With our new Relay Online Web site, you can get involved right now by clicking on the "Sign Up Here" link on the left-hand side of the page or by clicking "Register Here" at the top of the home page. You can make a donation to a participant online as well. Just click on the "Donate Here" link on the left-hand side of the page or click on "Sponsor Participant" at the top of the home page. If you're a survivor, you can participate in the opening ceremony and walk alongside fellow survivors in a victory lap.
Relay For LifeŽ is about being a community that takes up the fight!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-29-2007, 05:40 PM

Sportbike: yz250f
Years Riding: 25 years
How you found us: dont recall

maybe this would be better off in the Charity Forum?

Mike

When the tailgate drops..the bullshit stops
Hunt ethically - Hunt with a trained Retriever !
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-29-2007, 05:41 PM Thread Starter

I don't know if you're being serious or not, but I don't see a charity forum. If there is one can you move it for me please?

Edit: Seeing as it's still in the open forum I'm guessing that was your attempt at a joke? I'm sorry if I don't find it funny. I'm sure there are plenty of people on this forum that have lost someone to cancer.

Last edited by NickIF; 01-29-2007 at 06:06 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode