Attention all stunters that ride on the streets!
I know this is Chicago's forum but this might apply to you too.
Missouri has just proposed a bill to classify stunting in it's own crime!! With the passing of this bill it will no longer make it a CNI and the outcome is a whole lot harsher in the end. It goes as follows:
Section A. Chapter 304, RSMo, is amended by adding thereto one new section, to be known as section 304.667, to read as follows:
304.667. 1. A person commits the crime of motorcycle stunt driving if such person operates or is a passenger on a motorcycle on the roadways of this state and while operating or being a passenger on such motorcycle performs a dangerous stunt.
2. As used in this section a "dangerous stunt" means any dangerous activity by the operator or passenger of a motorcycle which is being operated on the roadways of this state, including but not limited to the following:
(1) Standing on the seat, frame, or handlebars of a motorcycle;
(2) Performing handstands on the seat, frame, or handlebars of a motorcycle;
(3) Operating a motorcycle on one tire; or
(4) Removing both hands from the handlebars while operating the motorcycle.
3. Motorcycle stunt driving for a first offense is a class C misdemeanor unless the motorcycle did not have a license plate, in which case it is a class A misdemeanor. For a second offense motorcycle stunt driving is a class A misdemeanor unless the motorcycle did not have a license plate, in which case it is a class D felony. For a third or subsequent offense motorcycle stunt driving is a class D felony.
Everyone that lives within MO should write your representative and try to have this bill abolished before it screws us!!
Check here for your rep.:
If you don't live in MO, you might checkout your states proposed bills, cuz I was told this is going to happen nation wide!!