Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

RT 66 Track question..

1K views 36 replies 16 participants last post by  Keyhole 
#1 ·
I am interested in the spring to bring the Truck to the strip. What I want to know is, are there any "rules" that I need to know of?
Rolls cages after a certain HP? Helmets? stuff like that.. any insight would be helpful.. thanks!

#3 ·
Hmmmm well it ran 12.10 stock... so it is going to be faster now. Will I be able to get at least one run ? b4 they stop me from going again.. lol... or do they check it out b4 somehow?

#9 ·
Well that I am not worried about.. :lmao:

#8 ·
They are pretty relaxed out at Byron too. At least the y used to be I haven't been out there in a while. As long as you don't go out there on a "specialty Day" Like for Mustangs or anything you can get in quite a few runs out at Byron.

#10 ·
So where does everyone suggest I run? I am expecting in the 11's.. with the least amount of hassle..

#13 ·
I suggest Byron just outside of Rockford

#12 ·
OK great! thanks! ...

#15 ·
Well that might be an option then... :laughing:

#20 ·
Yes it has slicks on it at this point... I need to change that for daily driver.
Should be in the 11's with the ponies that it is putting out now. It went through a major build.

#21 ·
41 is the track you're looking for. I've been there on days that you can hot lap till you're blue in the face. :) I run at 66 and have gotten more than 2 runs in.. it all depends on the day and the size of the crowd. They are a little more strict on the rules but also a very good track and way nicer than the others around our area. So take that into consideration. Unless you are running a class how many runs do you really need to see how fast your truck is. If you want to race I know a few places that are free... if you know what I mean. :)

#22 ·
ok cool thanks for the info about 41.. I have heard good things about it b4. And I might take you up on the "few places" in the Spring :)

#26 ·
Here are the mods to the Truck..
Modifications: PSP Built Long Block, PSP Stage 2 Heads, Crower Cams (276 Duration .580 Lift), 60lb Inj's, SCT BA2400 Maf, KB 2.6 Liter Big Bore Supercharger, Billet Flow Throttle Body, Kooks Headers, High Flow Mid Pipes< High Flow Cats, Bassani Stainless Steel Double Muffler Cat Back, Factory Tech Forged Billet Total Domination Converter, Factory Tech Valve Body, Wide Band Commander, Fuel, A/F, + Boost Gauges, 58" Rancho Bars, Drive Shaft Loop, QA1's Rear Shocks, Toyo Proxes ST 255/55R18, Nitto 555-R's 205/45R18, KMC 340 Rims (18"F / 16"R), Hoosier Quick Time Pro 28 x 11.50 x 16, Bed Rug, Lojack, X-Cal 2 with “3” Tunes (Power Surge Performance).. and and and... :cheers:

#28 ·
Well i am hoping for 11's.. but I am sure I need a few launches to get it right... or more then a few.. haha. The guy I bought it from just bought the " Worlds Fastest Lightning" ... suppose to be in the low 9's . He is a real gear head, also has a built Mustang and a Jeep... he seems to know his stuff.

#30 ·
yup.. well mine is not stock, or even close to it..

#33 ·
My GMC Syclone ran like 12.3 or 12.1 with just an exhaust. That truck left the line sooooo hard. It was awsome! If only it weren't an American made truck. Started to destroy drivetrain parts every month after 75k miles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.