2007 Ozzfest free - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-09-2007, 07:52 AM Thread Starter

Sportbike: 2009 Triumph Street Triple R, 2011 Triumph Bonneville SE
Years Riding: 11
How you found us: web search

2007 Ozzfest free

Yep Ozzfest is going to be free this year. Not many details on who it's going to work but on www.ozzfest.com you will see the official news. On the message board someone posted some of the rules, of course they are not official. Not sure if I am a fan of the free concert. I rather bone up and pay for a ticket and be promised a seat. Especially sine it is 100+ degrees every year and I don't want to be stuck in the sun. Should be interesting as it unfolds. This could revolutionize the whole concert structure, get advertisers to foot the cost of the tour and not the fans. Here is some unofficial news on the rules taken from their message board:

When the time comes, members that are subscribed to ozzfest.com, as well as forums.ozzfest.com, will be sent links to which they can secure tickets for. There WILL be a limit, however, that limit has not been determined yet.

Questions

Will Ozzy be at my show?
As of now, Ozzy is scheduled to headline ALL OZZFEST DATES

Will there be a limit to the number of tickets I can buy?
Again, yes, there will be. The amount has not yet been determined, but there will be.

How will I gain entrance?
You will print out or recieve the tickets that you have secured and you will bring those with you to the event, where you will exchange them for entrance.

How will the seating be decided?
As in previous years, the second stage will still be general admission for everyone without seats. However, as far as main stage, it will be first come, first serve basis for both general admission AND the seats. Of course, you do not stake claim to seats, meaning that if you stand up and leave the seats, others are entitled to sit there.

Will merchandise and concession prices be raised to make up for the lack of ticket price?
No. The prices will remain up to the individual artists to decide, however, there will be no expected raise in prices.

How will the artists make money off of this?
They are free to book themselves at local shows on days before, after, and days OF the fest. Also, they are, as always, welcome to bring and sell merchandise.

How different will the bill be from date to date?
Some second stage acts may change, however, the main stage acts will be comitted and appear throughout the tour, unless otherwise stated.

Is there any truth to rumors that Ozzfest will be moved inside?
No, the shows will be at amputheatres as they traditionally have been.

Will there still be PLAR packages?
It appears so, yes.

Under200
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-09-2007, 08:07 AM
Thee original azzhole!

Sportbike: 97 900rr-rip 09/09, 69 chevelle SS, & ???
Years Riding: it doesnt matter
How you found us: i see all

Send a message via AIM to Thunderstruck
not a chance in hell im going this year...was horrable 2 years ago when it officially became known as "SODfest" instead cause all the little scumbag punks decided to go nuts when slayer hit the stage and started tossing that shit EVERYWHERE...i had zero chance to see slayer play and had my back turned to them cause we had to knock all that shit out of the way before getting nailed with it in the head...not unless im almost all the way up at the stage will i go back...and your damn right im paying for the best seats in the house this time...

...plus my gf was with me saying "omg slow down, slow down" and I was thinking "Lose annoying squalk box in passenger seat, afford more mods and have less weight in the car and on the back of the bike"...so i dumped her and I'm single again as usual...HERE KITTY KITTY!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch View Post
pussy is the root of all evil...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunny View Post
mmmm pussy
You dont like me....i dont give a fuck...cause i'll still put ya in the hospital...me tollerating you is all that matters...
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-09-2007, 09:20 AM
I do it in the dirt!

Sportbike: 05 CRF250R #606, 03 XR70
Years Riding: lots
How you found us: Intarwebz

Yeah, Ozzfest sucks. I haven't been back since Tweeter Center management decided it was a fun idea to arrange the porta-pottys around the water fountains so you were forced to buy their $2 bottled water (minus the deadly plastic cap that they confiscate before handing you the bottle). Oh and don't even think of bringing sunscreen, even though its 100 degrees and no shade. Ozzfest has become too mainstream and overpopulated with the kiddies. Thanks, but I'd rather check out a show at a smaller venue with the adults. Yeah, even if it's free.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode