COMCAST, my turn to rant. - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 01:15 PM Thread Starter
a hollow voice says plugh

Sportbike: sold
Years Riding: legally- 7
How you found us: don't remember

Send a message via AIM to Zero Send a message via Yahoo to Zero
COMCAST, my turn to rant.

WTF?

We're supposed to be ok with having NO PHONE and NO INTERNET from this past Sunday (Feb11) until this Saturday (Feb17) from 1pm-5pm when a tech comes out? People work, doesn't Comcast have a night shift? Like one of us is supposed to take a day off of work because the techs that did a half-ass job of setting up our services were too busy teasing each other, insulting my computer, sitting around on my chairs without asking, and cutting corners?

Then Brian hangs up on me when supposedly transferring me to some other department. Call back and Nathan (who sounds like his nutz are being slowly squeezed in a vice) and all of the sudden there's an outage in my area and he won't deal with me. Funny how it's been happening since the night before and the previous two times we called there was no outage. Wake up this morning and it's still not working.

The Indian-sounding guy my wife talked to made it sound so easy. All there has to be is someone 18 or older in the house at the time. Gee, you think both the 18+ people in the house might work? Or, we just have 18 year old people at our disposal to sit in our house and wait for a tech? So the soonest they can come out when we'll be home is Saturday, Feb17th from 1-5pm. So, our Saturday afternoon will be spent waiting for some tech to come, and of course they always come at like 5:05pm but you have to be home in case they do come earlier.

wife: "What if there was an emergency and we didn't have cell phones?"
indian guy: "You could go to your neighbor's house."

ok, I'm done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 01:18 PM
Human lawn dart

Sportbike: 03 ninja 6r 05 ttr-230 04 klx300r
Years Riding: 12
How you found us: I know all

Send a message via AIM to rdrash
And that's why I'll never get an IP phone. Way to many problems with service right now. I've never had a problem with any analog service.

I'm not short. I'm aerodynamically efficient.

Anti Helmet Laws Pro Darwinism
MotoGP 200 mph no roll cage
NESBA # 599
post #3 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 01:23 PM

Sportbike: Made the kessel run in less than 12 parsecs
Years Riding: a
How you found us: .

I've had similar "comcastic" experiences with just basic installation. Customer service in general is pretty much a thing of the past...

3rd declaration: In such extreme circumstances, the law is by definition inadequate. To shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law, to pursue natural justice. This is not vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive-it is an emotional response. Vengeance serves no larger purpose. Society does not benefit from vengeance. Violent men are not deterred by acts of vengeance. The only appropriate response to their actions is the one I have chosen to pursue: a course of purposed, intentional violence. Violence intended to instruct, as much as destruct. A course, in a word, of punishment
post #4 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 01:25 PM

Can I borrow a cup of cable

Wow, I never had problems like that. I wonder if location matters.

Also, if there's an outage what if said neighbor also is using Comcast? Then what?

Hope it gets sorted out for ya on the 17th.
post #5 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 01:30 PM
Grid Marshall.

Sportbike: Tweener
Years Riding: Do I have to start over now?
How you found us: Followed the Bread Crumbs...

Send a message via AIM to Cerk
Ditched Comcast 3 months ago...just terrible customer service. Three days off of work for them was enough for me.

Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacitus
In a state where corruption abounds, laws must be very numerous.
post #6 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 01:30 PM Thread Starter

I'll admit this is my first issue with them since moving down to the end of the Earth over two years ago (aka: Channahon). It's just astounding that companies that deal with customer service and service providing can't accomodate said customers at a time that is convenient for those customers. And that it's all in all just no big deal to be without a home phone or internet for a full week.

Guess I should really get to know my neighbors. "Comcast, bringing neighbors closer together."

I'm just waiting for all the horror stories about the Motorola HDDVR I just set up from Comcast to come true for me.

I had plenty of issues with Comcast when I lived in Bartlett.
post #7 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 01:34 PM
Slum Overlord

Sportbike: 03 GSXR 1000, 02 RM250, 03 TTR125L
Years Riding: considerable time
How you found us: install job

Comcast customer service does suck it big time. I have had three service connection appointments blown off by their techs. I call them up irrate because I just took half a day off work to cover their 4 hour window and they give me a one month free service credit and a new appointment with another 4hr window. I swear, they pulled this crap on me twice, back to back.

the uncarved stone
post #8 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 02:18 PM
Human lawn dart

Sportbike: 03 ninja 6r 05 ttr-230 04 klx300r
Years Riding: 12
How you found us: I know all

Send a message via AIM to rdrash
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerogta View Post

I'm just waiting for all the horror stories about the Motorola HDDVR I just set up from Comcast to come true for me.
Hard drives go. I'm on my second one right now and that one is about to go soon too.

I'm not short. I'm aerodynamically efficient.

Anti Helmet Laws Pro Darwinism
MotoGP 200 mph no roll cage
NESBA # 599
post #9 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 02:27 PM
Your friendly Crazy Canuk

Sportbike: Ducati ST3 2005 Gloss Black, Monster 620, 2007 Sport Classic 1000
Years Riding: Crashing sucessfully since 1969
How you found us: Thru favorednation (ron)

Send a message via AIM to RickC1957 Send a message via Yahoo to RickC1957
Everytime I have been without Comcast service...it has been a minimum 3 days to get the issue resolved...once 5 days. One very cold days...no HD signal.

Sometimes goodbye is your second chance.
post #10 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 02:43 PM

If you guys hit the net you'll see a whole world of complaints about Comcast.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search

I guess this is a typical thing with them.
post #11 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 02:53 PM
Fear is the mind killer

Sportbike: 05 GSXR 600, 03 RM 250
Years Riding: Thousands of miles, multiple engines
How you found us: www.gsxr.com

Screw Comcast, I will never go back to them again. Still disputing the modem charge they put on my credit report, since I purchased my modem for their service, but they said I had one of their modems. No one there to dispute this with, so it goes on my credit report. Horrific customer service, you will never speak to the same person twice, which means if you have a serious problem it will never be solved, every employee hides behind their system of no personal responsibility to get any issue resolved. I would go back to dailup before I would get their service again.

Xbox Live GOW Killer
Handle : ChiefBDR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegger View Post
"Ride it like you have 30 monthly remaining payments" should keep most people out of trouble.
post #12 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 03:14 PM
VTwin FTW!

Sportbike: 2013 Ducati Diavel Cromo
Years Riding: 20
How you found us: Friend

Wow, I have had Comcast internet and phone service (not IP) for about 6-7 years now and haven't really had any problems to speak of. Once in a while the internet will go out, but it's usually up within a few hours, not days. I guess I must be one of the lucky ones.

Mike

"Life is all about ass ... either you are covering it, kicking it, kissing it, sitting on it or trying to get it."
post #13 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 03:28 PM
One day at a time

Sportbike: BIKELESS!
Years Riding: 5yrs
How you found us: member: rdrash

I dropped Sh!tcast too........they suck. ( my experience with em)
I once had the tech on the phone and ended up troubleshooting the problem for him! (troubleshooting 101 true story) Ever since that incident my problems kept getting worse! (coincidence? Paranoia? Maybe.)

(sorry if we have any comcast employees here.)

"The first attempt is always the most difficult."

Last edited by geewiz; 02-13-2007 at 03:32 PM.
post #14 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 03:29 PM Thread Starter

I was beginning to think we were lucky since moving. The service has been fine until Sunday night when it just stopped working. It's the support that has been lacking.

There is something to be said about the lack of personal accountability when talking to the techs. You can be "accidentally" hung up on and when/if you call back you'll talk to someone completely different.

Got a complaint? Please hold, *click* ~dial tone~.

I don't know why there's a problem with your service, wait there's an outage all of the sudden. The problem has been ongoing? Well, with this outage we'll have to wait until that's cleared. It doesn't matter if there wasn't an outage when you called 5 minutes ago and your problem has been happening for 24 hours.

I've reset and power cycled the modem several times. Nothing. bah. At least I'm going home in two minutes to battle the drivers that have never seen a flake of snow in their lives.
post #15 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 03:30 PM

Back To The Future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefBD View Post
Screw Comcast, I will never go back to them again. Still disputing the modem charge they put on my credit report, since I purchased my modem for their service, but they said I had one of their modems. No one there to dispute this with, so it goes on my credit report. Horrific customer service, you will never speak to the same person twice, which means if you have a serious problem it will never be solved, every employee hides behind their system of no personal responsibility to get any issue resolved. I would go back to dailup before I would get their service again.
You would go back to dial-up?! Now that's hate!
post #16 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 03:40 PM
Fear is the mind killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki_D_Wolf View Post
You would go back to dial-up?! Now that's hate!
Damn right and I play a lot of games on Xbox live so it would be a big deal, but I refuse to deal with them again. I have successfully persuaded all of my family members to drop Comcast as well. They have sparked a flame under me . My goal is to get all of my friends to drop them too.

Xbox Live GOW Killer

Quote:
"Ride it like you have 30 monthly remaining payments" should keep most people out of trouble.
post #17 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 03:43 PM
Administrator

Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.

Send a message via AIM to HDTony
All this talk made me go over and look at directvs offerings again. It's been over a year since I left them. I would have thought by now that they would have added more HD content. I know I just built a huge intercity network for them to do this. they still have the same lame few channels, and national networks instead of HD locals.

I cant go back to that. Comcast it is for me.

HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.
post #18 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 04:27 PM

I'm by no means a fan of Comcast and it's monopolistic ways, but I can't complain. When there's an outage in my area I'm back up within a few hours. It's happened once so far in the past 2 years. Every time I've called in to customer service it's been ok...and the last couple times it was very pleasant speaking with the reps.

As for IP phones, I know a lot of people who use Vonage with no issues. A cell phone is always a backup I guess.

In any case, I feel ya man. Regardless that I've had a good experience with them someone will always have a bad one. That'll happen with any big company.
post #19 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 04:41 PM
Thee original azzhole!

Sportbike: 97 900rr-rip 09/09, 69 chevelle SS, & ???
Years Riding: it doesnt matter
How you found us: i see all

Send a message via AIM to Thunderstruck
i just dont understand why people get thier phones...its comcast for petes f'n sake...the most corrupt company next to AT&T...oh wait...THEY ARE AT&T....its not bad enought they are fucking us with their rates for movie channels and keep upping the price every fucking year?...but do us as consumers bitch?....well i do at least...but no one there listens...and no one else anywhere bitches...so that fucks everyone else...

...plus my gf was with me saying "omg slow down, slow down" and I was thinking "Lose annoying squalk box in passenger seat, afford more mods and have less weight in the car and on the back of the bike"...so i dumped her and I'm single again as usual...HERE KITTY KITTY!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch View Post
pussy is the root of all evil...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunny View Post
mmmm pussy
You dont like me....i dont give a fuck...cause i'll still put ya in the hospital...me tollerating you is all that matters...
post #20 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 04:50 PM
VTwin FTW!

Sportbike: 2013 Ducati Diavel Cromo
Years Riding: 20
How you found us: Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTony View Post
they still have the same lame few channels, and national networks instead of HD locals.

I cant go back to that. Comcast it is for me.
I have newest DirecTV dish and HR20 HD DVR and they do have local HD channels, not network ones. They still only have a few HD channels in their HD package, but that's OK for me. I usually only watch the locals and ESPN and those are in HD. The only HD channel I wish I had is Comcast Sports Net for Bulls games.

Mike

"Life is all about ass ... either you are covering it, kicking it, kissing it, sitting on it or trying to get it."
post #21 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 04:53 PM
Administrator

How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoFactory View Post
I have newest DirecTV dish and HR20 HD DVR and they do have local HD channels, not network ones. They still only have a few HD channels in their HD package, but that's OK for me. I usually only watch the locals and ESPN and those are in HD. The only HD channel I wish I had is Comcast Sports Net for Bulls games.
Ya I know, I watch all network TV in hi def now, cant go back to standard def, plus I like having my local news at night. and with ABC7's HD news theres no way I'm paying money to go back to watching that in SD. When Directv finally upgrades maybe I will go back.

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

post #22 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 05:41 PM
Cuddlie as a koala

Sportbike: Which bike?
Years Riding: Too long.
How you found us: Ken offered me money to join.

Charter isnt much better. HAd problems from late Oct to Dec with the internet dropping me every 5-10 min. 2 different techs came out. Neither knew what the fuck they were doing. The second one just sat and belittled teh first tech that was there. Thing was, a freind of mine 10 miles away (we had the same model and brand of modem) were having the same issues simultaneously. We could literally be on teh phone with eachother and watch the modems power cycle themselves at the same time. Charter kept claiming it was on my end. Asked the guy on the phone if they changed to docsis 2.0 and he didnt have a clue nor could give an answer (btw which is what they did, they just didnt tell their customers or techs aparently). The 2nd tech's idea of a "fix" was to put a 2 way splitter between teh feed line and modem. The 2nd tech had teh nerve to say that they'd have to charge for this visit. Fuck that, YOU CLOWNS didnt fix it, I DID. And to think I applied to work for CHarter and got turned down.

BTW the 2nd guy said linux doesnt work with Charter internet.
post #23 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 05:48 PM
Enjoying Life!!

Sportbike: 09 Night Rod Black Denim
Years Riding: Not Long Enuff!!!!
How you found us: Friends

I HATE COMCAST!

That is all!

I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later!!
post #24 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 06:16 PM

Sportbike: 2009 Triumph Street Triple R, 2011 Triumph Bonneville SE
Years Riding: 11
How you found us: web search

I love Comcast when it works which is most of the time but when it fucks up it fucks up. Plus I hate how my bill is 128 per month for digital cable, 1 movie channel pack and internet. They seem to add 7 buck to the bill every year too. If someone came along and offered a good cable pack with 1 or 2 movie channels along with internet for 100 bucks they would clean up and have everyones business. Which RCN was in my area to create some competition and drive Comcast prices down a bit. Overall I guess I am happy but feel like I am getting ripped off.

Under200
post #25 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 06:25 PM

Sportbike: Made the kessel run in less than 12 parsecs
Years Riding: a
How you found us: .

The only thing I hate more than Comcast is their commercials.

3rd declaration: In such extreme circumstances, the law is by definition inadequate. To shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law, to pursue natural justice. This is not vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive-it is an emotional response. Vengeance serves no larger purpose. Society does not benefit from vengeance. Violent men are not deterred by acts of vengeance. The only appropriate response to their actions is the one I have chosen to pursue: a course of purposed, intentional violence. Violence intended to instruct, as much as destruct. A course, in a word, of punishment
post #26 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 06:28 PM
To Punish and Enslave

Sportbike: A 10 speed :(
Years Riding: 25
How you found us: I know the dude that runs the website

Send a message via AIM to Jimbo Send a message via Yahoo to Jimbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderstruck View Post
i just dont understand why people get thier phones...its comcast for petes f'n sake...the most corrupt company next to AT&T...oh wait...THEY ARE AT&T....its not bad enought they are fucking us with their rates for movie channels and keep upping the price every fucking year?...but do us as consumers bitch?....well i do at least...but no one there listens...and no one else anywhere bitches...so that fucks everyone else...
AT&T and COmcast are not the same company. Also the trucks that we drive don't run on air, the poles we are on are not free to use. The MOVIES go up every year because the movie compnaies raise the rates all the time. When I 1st started 11 yrs ago we paid $.50 for each customer who had ESPN, and 11 yrs later we pay $7.50 PER CUSTOMER. I used ESPN as an example. Also on your bill you see "Franchise Agreement" or some crap like that, this is another way for your town that you live in to get more money from you. We have nothing to do with that, so if your "Franchise Agreement" goes up, talk to your village. When we WERE AT&T they shipped all of our customer service over seas, we are slowly moving them back here to the USA.
Yes we have some bad people working for our company, but who doesn't?

zerogta-PM me your info I will see what I can do.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"- Benjamin Franklin

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vcook View Post
hahahaha, nice try. Everyone knows men age like wine and women age like milk. It's a scientific fact!!

Last edited by Jimbo; 02-13-2007 at 06:58 PM.
post #27 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 06:36 PM
To Punish and Enslave

Quote:
Originally Posted by under200 View Post
I love Comcast when it works which is most of the time but when it fucks up it fucks up. Plus I hate how my bill is 128 per month for digital cable, 1 movie channel pack and internet. They seem to add 7 buck to the bill every year too. If someone came along and offered a good cable pack with 1 or 2 movie channels along with internet for 100 bucks they would clean up and have everyones business. Which RCN was in my area to create some competition and drive Comcast prices down a bit. Overall I guess I am happy but feel like I am getting ripped off.

Under200
I know some of the sales guys, I will ask them for you. PM me your number if you want.

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

Quote:
hahahaha, nice try. Everyone knows men age like wine and women age like milk. It's a scientific fact!!
post #28 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 06:56 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
I know some of the sales guys, I will ask them for you. PM me your number if you want.
Hey take care of mine while your in there. you know my number

- Ronald Reagan

post #29 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 07:00 PM
To Punish and Enslave

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTony View Post
Hey take care of mine while your in there. you know my number
For some of your CHILI!!

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

Quote:
post #30 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 07:05 PM
Fear is the mind killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
AT&T and COmcast are not the same company. Also the trucks that we drive don't run on air, the poles we are on are not free to use. The MOVIES go up every year because the movie compnaies raise the rates all the time. When I 1st started 11 yrs ago we paid $.50 for each customer who had ESPN, and 11 yrs later we pay $7.50 PER CUSTOMER. I used ESPN as an example. Also on your bill you see "Franchise Agreement" or some crap like that, this is another way for your town that you live in to get more money from you. We have nothing to do with that, so if your "Franchise Agreement" goes up, talk to your village. When we WERE AT&T they shipped all of our customer service over seas, we are slowly moving them back here to the USA.
Yes we have some bad people working for our company, but who doesn't?

zerogta-PM me your info I will see what I can do.

Good looking out Jimbo, if most of the other employees there had your attitude, I wouldn't feel so bad about Comcast. Unfortunately, I was one of the folks they continuously tossed around the system never resolving my issues. I just hope they do a better job weeding out the bad seeds, and make a better system where customer service personnel are assigned certain customers so they can follow up and insure problems get resolved.

Xbox Live GOW Killer

Quote:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode