Tax filing programs - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 02:22 PM Thread Starter
Cruiser convert

Sportbike: 2015 Harley Street Bob
Years Riding: 15
How you found us: yahoo search

Tax filing programs

I have had my taxes done by a family friend using one of the tax programs for the past 3 years or so. It seems that tax return preparation, like everything else is getting real expensive lately. I was thinking about buying a program since he has moved away this year but I have a few questions. First, is any product that much better than another??? I have a simple filing (house, kids, etc) except for the fact that I moved to Indiana and still work in Illinois. I have been in Indiana since April 2006. Both of my employers last year were in Illinois. My wifes employer is in Illinois as well except for a short lived part time job in Indiana that only earned her like $503 in reportable income. Should I buy a program and will it work simple enough for me and are there any good programs that offer 2 state options? Or should I just have them filed professionally? Thanks for any help.

Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunny
Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the true warmth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronhix
You pissed on my plastics!?!?!?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 02:23 PM
Administrator

Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.

Send a message via AIM to HDTony
turbotax.com do them online. My wife does them every year this way. ours are already done and refund is on the way.

HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 02:28 PM
You got the talkin' done

Sportbike: 2016 Honda Africa Twin & 1979 Honda CB750F
Years Riding: long enough to have fallen off a few times - glad I wear a helmet!
How you found us: Loose Lips Sink Ships, Loose Wires Cause Fires

H&R block has a program on their website you can use and for an extra fee you can have a tax preparer (spell?) review it for you before you submit it.

If you ain't with us, then it's just bad news.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 02:36 PM
I want some cake!

Sportbike: 2007 R1 & 2004 Yamaha FZ-1
Years Riding: Thru the winter into summer
How you found us: Yahoo FZ-1 Group

Send a message via Yahoo to Loki_D_Wolf
Da Net

Most programs are free to use. I've been using Turbo Tax for years. You can even go to the I.R.S. site and do it there too. They're abundant now and doing it online is easy and safe. Some of the programs like Turbo Tax even has a review option so before you submit it goes through every little detail to make sure it's accurate. If you've paid for the program you get tech help as well either for the program or tax advice.

Yaaayyy technology.

Loki is commentator for other sites as well as the publications: Who's Booty Is That On My Face Magazine, Fart Life and written the self-help book, What To Say To Comments About Your Crack Whore Mom.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 02:37 PM
Irony helps us play!

Sportbike: 2000 F4
Years Riding: Long enough to know better
How you found us: some hot MILF whispered it in my ear

"Let's ask the box"

Everyone Exaggerates

We're being taken for a ride... agaaaaaaain.....

Best Auto/Moto Insurance | Motorcycle Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 02:40 PM
Administrator

Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.

Send a message via AIM to HDTony
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTony View Post
turbotax.com do them online. My wife does them every year this way. ours are already done and refund is on the way.
Oh also my wife said if you have state farm you can get a code to use the online version for free. No point in buying a program that you need to rebuy every year. just do it all online.

HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 02:48 PM

Sportbike: 01 Giggy 7fidday
Years Riding: been riding your mom for years
How you found us: The hobo on lower wacker sold me the link.

eh the guy i use was an irs auditor. He charges $250 but lsat year i shoulda paid $300...somehoe I got $1500 back. So def no complaints here. If ya wanna check him out and see what he can do for ya lemme know.

Dgrsuspension.com

~ High Performance Coilovers

Silentedition.com
Quote:
Watching the Cubs lose is the opposite of appreciating a fine wine ó itís like watching a car accident in progress. Itís horrifying, yet gruesomely riveting, and you canít help but watch and sympathize with the poor souls inside.
Quote:
Originally Posted by burntash View Post
coming to CLSB for relationship advice is like asking fat people in mcdonalds about nutrition.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 02:52 PM
Fear is the mind killer

Sportbike: 05 GSXR 600, 03 RM 250
Years Riding: Thousands of miles, multiple engines
How you found us: www.gsxr.com

I use Taxact online. Go to taxact.com

It is completely web based, it will ask you all the questions an accountant would ask you. You can save your work, come back later to complete your return. Also, they will save all of your info, so come this time next year, much of your info will already be completed. Took me 15 minutes to file my taxes this year because of this software. It will cost you around 20.00 to file your federal and state states with them. The software will also check for errors. After you submit your taxes, you will get an email stating your taxes were submitted. Later that day or the next day, you will find out if they were accepted by the State and the IRS.

Xbox Live GOW Killer
Handle : ChiefBDR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegger View Post
"Ride it like you have 30 monthly remaining payments" should keep most people out of trouble.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 03:48 PM

Sportbike: Trek
Years Riding: not often enough
How you found us: umm, my husband owns the site

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTony View Post
Oh also my wife said if you have state farm you can get a code to use the online version for free. No point in buying a program that you need to rebuy every year. just do it all online.

If you have state farm and register on their site or are already registered and you input one of your policies so you can manage it online you can use TurboTax Deluxe for free. I registered, waited a few hours for the policies to show up in my account, and walahh!! there was the link for free filing!!
Saved me about 50.00.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode