Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Stacey's big day tomorrow

863 views 24 replies 14 participants last post by  Maynard 
#1 ·
Well tomorrow Stace is having her knee surgery. We got everything ready… sort of.. well the important stuff anyways. If you all can keep her in your prayers, she is nervous and so am I. Thanks everyone and I might call Tony to let him know how it went.

#2 ·
Hope all goes well.

Stupid question and idea but I am glad I did it before I had some minor surgery I had my wife circle the part on my back with a sharpie.

Did you mark the knee that is to have surgery?

#11 ·
Good luck! Hope all goes well.

#15 ·
Best of luck!

#21 ·
thanks all, here is a quick update, she is doing great. I know some of you have met her and know that the leg that had the replacment she couldn't bend very far. Well now she is bending it to almost as the same has her other leg. She got so excited just sitting in a chair and was bale to almost sit with both feet on the ground. It looks like she will be coming home Sunday and I am taking 2 weeks off to help her out. Thanks again everyone!!!

#22 ·
Dude thats awesome to hear. She has suffered way too long, it's good to hear she is and will be doing even better. Give her my congrats.

#23 ·
She was going to come home today because they said her blood it too thin and it was a good thing I donated blood along with her brother because they may need my blood also. She is doing good and i rather have them be safe, but I haven't really slept since she's been in and I am running so low now. They are treating her really good, she can order food anytime she wants (up to 2:30 AM) and the food is really good, and she has movies, kind of like on-demand. They really have their act together at this place at making patients feel good. Last night there was an very old lady in her room who was so old i really don't think she knew she was in the hospital. She also kept saying her phone was smoking.
I just really miss her and if she comes home tomorrow I want to be off of work to get her, but if they decide at the last minute they want to keep her and I take a day off, i just wasted a day. i want to use as many days as I can to help her when she gets home.
Some good news also, she is walking up stairs. I think it’s amazing how happy she gets for something we all take for granted. She was so excited when she had in a chair with both feet on the ground, how she got excited about stairs, and who knows she may even ride a bike again.
Yesterday she had her knee bending at 46 degrees and that is more than twice the angle before the surgery.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.