Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Motoplex of Joliet

642 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  chicagoavatar 
#1 ·
My bike needs a Valve Adjustment and Motoplex is one of the options. If you have had any experience with them please let me know. Good or Bad!

#4 ·
I had my Futura serviced there couple of days I before I crashed it. Long story short - I did not like them. I don't remember the specifics, but I wouldn't go there again.

I would recommend taking a ride to Corse Superbikes instead, they can do it in one day IIRC.

#9 ·
I've been out of town for a few days so I just saw this....

...I would recommend staying away! I bought my Speed Triple from them and got an incredible deal....but that's where the good times stopped. Every issue I had to deal with them was like pulling teeth (misinformation, won't call back, etc.). Then I dropped off my bike (at the Chicago location 'Old Towne Motorcycle Shoppe') for service (they trailer it to the Joliet location). I got it back with a nice big scratch on the gas tank and it was very very dirty and on top of that is ran like crap! Turns out it was running like crap due to water that had gotten into the spark plug well, finally got that fixed but had to pay (I eventually appealed to corporate Triumph to have it covered under warranty...they could not do it since the dealer was being a pain but gave me a free leather jacket...Triumph is a good company).

....As for the big scratch on the tank, they pulled the old "How do we know the scratch wasn't already there" routine :mad After battling with them for a long time on this issue they finally agreed to split the cost of a new tank with me....

...in summary (and in my opinion), they are bastards and I'd rather pay more to have MCC do my work. :rant:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.