Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

We are all screwed. Skynet Launched. Terminator 2 prophecy true.

1K views 32 replies 11 participants last post by  SilentAlero 
#1 ·
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/6434773.stm

...In three years, Cyberdyne will become the largest supplier of military computer systems. All stealth bombers are upgraded with Cyberdyne computers, becoming fully unmanned. Afterwards, they fly with a perfect operational record. The Skynet funding bill is passed. The system goes on-line on August 4th, 1997. Human decisions are removed from strategic defense. Skynet begins to learn, at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 am, eastern time, August 29th.

-T800
So it's true. It's only a matter of time.

:beltfed

#2 ·
lol Slashdot ran a story last week about it. Skynet has been around since 1969 beofre the Terminator movies. Remember this is Skynet 5. 1 was introduced around 1969. There is no AI included in Skynet 5. Nothing is gonna happen. You need some kind of AI for something to go wrong.

#7 ·
I agree that it is dangerous to make computers too smart. I know that I Robot, Matrix, and Terminator are Sci Fi, but that stuff can happen if we aren't careful. The only AI I want is a simple system to yell out the song I want my IPOD to play while riding, and maybe giving a voice command to my computer to turn on and go to certain websites, that's about it :laughing

#10 · (Edited)
Robocop was made in Detriot. That about sums it up right there. Terminator for the win.

Reactions: SmartDrug
#14 ·
You guys are kidding right? Robocop's gun alone will scare the fuck outta the Terminator.

#16 ·
dood, terminator is bullet proof..friggin n00b, i figured your asian you guys built these things you should know this. :flip

Reactions: EndlessRR
#18 ·
Alright, let's change it up. Sent Robocop and Terminator into a bar to pick up a chick. Who wins?

#28 ·
That thing can't even walk down a flight of stairs. But, he might have better luck with the ladies. He's got dildos for fingers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.