Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Harbor Freight Torque Wrenches On Closeout

808 views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  ECLIPSE 
#1 ·
Well my favorite junk tool store has click style torque wrenches on close out. I bought one of these a few years ago to replace my old one and have had no problems.

Since it is the time of year to be doing oil changes and spring service I thought I'd post up. For the price, its hard to go wrong and much better than guessing.

1/2" $11.99
3/8" $19.99
1/4" $29.99

Weird how the price goes up for the smaller wrench.

Happy wrenching. :neener:

#3 ·
#11 ·
Me? Wrench the Vette? Surely you jest! :laughing Maybe some bolt on after market cans just to pimp it out a little, but that would be the limit.

A made in China Pittsburg vs. Craftsman. No contest, Craftsman. Except that I use the wrench 2-3 times a year for some light wrenching and $12 vs. $150 for a used and more for a new Craftsman isn't a contest. I've checked it against my old wrench and a friend's and it seems to be about right. Come on, the only moving part is a spring. This isn't very high tech. How off can it be? 5-10%? That is pretty close for government/Bruce work. I do know that there are a lot of guys on the board that don't even have a cheapo and just guess. For those and those that won't fork over a couple bills, it might be a good purchase. I just figured I'd post up.

Reactions: 2weelpilot
#18 ·
Sswelcome.

What do you think? It's not a Craftsman or a Snap-on, but I like it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.