Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Airbus 380 landing at O'Hare today

4K views 111 replies 36 participants last post by  whiteSeatEnvy 
#1 ·
I wish I had time to take a spin out to OHare and see the monster land. should be quite a sight. 8 stories high??? Its a beast

I also hear that the Chicago PD will be TICKETING anyone attempting to pull over to see it land. What a bunch of asses. Welcome to Chicago..

It lands at 12:50 pm

#6 ·
+1 Post pics and vid!! Please!

#3 ·
I am flying out of O'Hare today at like 4:30 and will have my camera with me so I will see what I can capture

#5 · (Edited)
My company's specialty metals are used to build that plane :1pimp

#8 · (Edited)
Does anyone know what time it's scheduled to land? I work in Itasca inline with a major landing pattern off of Thorndale. I'd like to go up to the 25th floor to watch it.

oh, 12:50pm n/m

I worked for Lufthansa whilst in college and got to see all the cool jets land. There was a Russian jet with a hinged rear tail and a crane inside of it. The wings drooped so low, the tips were like 6 feet off the ground.

#10 ·
Warning:

Not to rain on anyone's parade but be careful taking pics. I know this may sound crazy but I was actually forced to stop taking pics last year of airplanes. I don't remember the airstrip but it was out in the burbs where I got my car stereo serviced. The planes were as small as private jets going up to larger ones like American Airline Eagles. On the way home a passenger plane was landing and it was extremely low over the cars. I pulled over and took a ton of pics. A couple with their kid actually came with a picnic and started doing the same. They obviously knew about this so was just enjoying a noon lunch.

Well someone called the CPD and he told me I had to stop taking pics because of 9/11 and the terrorists crap. The couple that came with the picnic hopped in their minivan and drove away. :rolleyes The cop was really kool about it. He didn't take my camera or memory card and after checking out my creditials he actually started to admire my Z car. :1pimp

Anyhoo he told me nicely that I'm now reported and basically if I get caught again taking pics I get reported to the F.B.I. I was just in shock. I'm not saying this will happen to everyone but just know that there's some Freedom Act law now that prohibits people from taking pics. Maybe it's because of where I was. Still, pretty sad that I couldn't take pics of airplanes in action. I remember you could go to the airport and just look at them land and take off. (sigh)

#11 ·
A Lufthansa, our building was right off of the road and our parking lot was right next to where the planes would pull up to our building. Anyone could have been in the lot snapping pics. We really only had 747/200 freighters, DC-10s/MD-11s come to our building. One or two archaic DC7s too. At FedEx across the ramp, they had a few cool cargo jets every so often. I worked there from 95-01.

Singapore Airlines, JAL, and Kuwait Airways was in our building too. SA was supposedly the first carrier to be getting the A380. Don't know if that's still true.

#57 ·
I saw that damn thing up at Osh Kosh a few years back, crazy!

That A380 :spit Thats a HUGE BITCH!

#18 ·
Anyone know what runway it is landing on?

#21 ·
So which direction will the plane approach?

#24 ·
#26 ·
I'm out, I'm gonna go see if I can see this thing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.