Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

WTF: Tax Gurus?

356 views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Brian 
#1 ·
I paid in an assload in taxes last year and I am only getting 2K back what gives? any advise will help. is my accountant screwing me

#4 ·
Do you have a home you can write interest and taxes off?

Do you defer taxes by 401k, or IRA?

Do you make charitable contributions?

Have a kid?

etc. etc.

All those things significantly lower what you pay:robewizar

#8 ·
:lmao: :lmao:

Someone has to pay for the Iraqi freedom policing..... errrrr We Need More Oil War. oH and there is Samiquoia & Matilda that have 8 or 9 kids a piece because they can’t keep their legs closed and they can't work so who is going to pay for their kids, HMMMM?

#7 ·
Don't complain too much. You live in the least taxed industrialized country in the world

Reactions: Vcook
#9 ·
is my accountant screwing me
When you wake up after meetings with your accountant, do you have grass stains on your hands and knees and vaseline up your butt?

#10 ·
This is far too little info to even try to give you an answer if your accountant is screwing you.

Is it good or bad that you are getting 2k back?
Is it good or bad that you paid an assload?
What type of advise are you looking for?

Since you are getting back 2k, that tells me you overpaid. I would suggest to adjust your withholdings so you get back 0 at the end of the year, or owe a little.

Unless you have a lot of investments, charitable contributions, business losses etc. your return is pretty straight forward. I don't see how an accountant could "screw" you. Simply put, you pay a percentage of what you earned after all qualified deductions. Most likely, in your case, an accountant would plug in the numbers you gave him/her.

If you think you are unnecessarily paying taxes, you should meet with a financial planner/accountant to see what things you could/should be doing to minimize your taxable income, or maximize your deductions.
You are already well into this tax year, so a plan should be implemented soon to avoid this same problem next year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.