Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Car Battery - Best Place to Buy

724 views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  achapman 
#1 ·
My car battery is dead. Where is the most quality place to buy and have it installed. Need it done tonight and the dealership is closed.

#5 ·
napa has the cheapest with a warrenty that goes to the exact time it expires month wise...

#8 ·
AutoZone's batteries are crap unless you buy an Optima from them but Optimas are expensive as hell and way overkill in a regular car. Walmart's NeverStart brand batteries are crap. You've probably bought a battery already so it's probably too late but we use Interstate at work and we've had no problems with them.

Whatever you do DONT let the goons at AutoZone install your battery. Have it installed by a real repair shop or dealership. If you didn't get it yet, shoot me a PM. I'll be at the shop late tomorrow night so I could put one in for you after work.

-Ryan

#12 ·
Like others have said, DO NOT BUY from Walmart. Battery lasted 6 months, came out one cold morning and it was dead, it wasn't even dirty yet :laughing. Just very cheap, and not worth the future trouble.

#16 ·
Mutha fuker, I just spent 6 hours at the dealership waiting for them to figure out what the F was wrong. Dam, I was fukin BORED. The problem turned out to be a banana in the tailpipe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.