Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

To catch a preda ...err con man?

469 views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Chills 
#1 ·
Frickin hilarious. The treasurer of Alcona county, Michigan was bilked for 70k of his own money, and persuaded to grab 1.2 million of taxpayer money to some Nigerian lottery/"I'll give you millions" scams :eek

Another person exposed in this Dateline NBC piece was a treasurer for a Wisconsin town who lost 20k of her own money. She actually said on camera that she thought she was trying to help someone out. :lmao: (of course she was offered millions as well)

This international take on the " To catch a predator " puts Chris Hanson in Europe putting these scammers on the spot, on Camera, but without the 19 year old pretending to be 14.

I found it funny that this scam is alive and well, but even more to find that seemingly trusted public officials falling for it as well, suckers!! :jester

#6 ·
Right?? I mean how long has the saying "If it seems too good to be true, it probably is" been around?? :lmao:

Funny, the Wisconsin treasurer complained "I emptied bank accounts, I maxed out credit cards" :lmao: Dumbass, your own greed brought you there! :lmao: In her case, the scam was that an overseas woman had cancer, and needed money that her dead husband had in some account. If it ended there, fine, but as a "reward" for helping she was promised millions. That shows even more of a flaw in the treasurers character, wanting to "help" a woman with cancer, only to take HER millions as a reward :lmao:

#10 ·
I saw it too, Brian, and I totally agree with you. How gullible do you have to be to dump that much money into a random e-mail? And I also agree it was mainly motivated by greed.

I feel bad for older people who aren't as savvy on the internet, but the treasurer and the WI woman... DAMN! Come on!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.