Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Wear them Sidi's!!

1K views 38 replies 17 participants last post by  Kegger 
#1 · (Edited)
Copied from another forum

------------------------------------------------------------------
Well guys, I have a really bad story to tell you. I’ve been riding dirt bikes since I was 7 and started riding street bikes as soon as I could get beginners permit. And I am now 20. So I’m not new to the 2 wheel scene. But, I am here today to tell you my biggest mistake/ freak accident yet. I lost the most beautiful bike I have owned. 06 raven edition R6.

So I was riding with my buddies a few weeks ago. I was about a half mile from my house. Well, I was looking down at my mp3 player changing songs when I looked up and they had taken off. Well I hit the throttle and went to take off. When we turned onto the road I had thought I clicked up to 2nd gear. But I was wrong. As soon as I nailed it, the tire started spinning. I was in 1st gear running about 25 mph. as soon as the tire spun I figured I could handle it. Its was nothing new to me. Well the rear of the bike slide to the right side pretty far. Everything was all fine and dandy until I hit a freshly paved pothole.

Well to make a long story even more terrible, my tire caught while the rear end was still off to the right. As soon as the tire caught the bike came up and over and the next thing I remember is rolling over and seeing the pavement through my visor. And yes I was wearing my helmet. Anyway. I tried to jump up because I didn’t really believe that I had wrecked. When I tried to stand up my foot buckled and I fell down. Well when I looked up to see what was messed up on my bike... but when i looked up my bike was on fire. A girl that was jogging down the street ran over and told me to get up.

I tried again and fell back down. So I took my helmet off and finally looked at my foot and realized my left foot was F'ed up really bad. My foot wasn’t in the right place. All my toes were pointed to the left. And my entire sock was soaked in blood. There was a big hole in my sock. Well I knew my foot was broken so I had to see how bad it was. So I squeezed my foot and blood poured out of the 3 inch hole that was in my foot.

Well this whole time my friends had not known I wrecked. But they looked back and saw flames and smoke from my bike. When they got back my entire bike was engulfed in flames. They ran up to me and picked me up and carried me into a field that we were next to. I managed to take my jacket off and tied my undershirt around my leg to try and slow the bleeding of my foot.

The worst part of it all.... I had to sit and watch as my bike laid there burning to a crisp. Well the paramedics got there and they fire department put my bike out after about 20 mins of burning. As for me I had to undergo 5 and a half hours of surgery to fix my foot. When I wrecked the foot peg went into my foot right below arch and out of the bottom. (I wear DC's when I ride around town and the shoe came off) upon exiting my foot the foot peg ripped its way out creating a 4 inch tear right in front of my heel. And when the bike slammed down on my foot it shattered my ankle, broke all my little toes completely in half, broke every single bone in my foot, (shattering 1 of them) and where the peg went into my foot, it tore all the tendons for my big toe.

Now I have titanium pins in my foot and ankle. And for 6 weeks I have pins completely through my toes sticking out. As for the bike...... sadly... there is only one piece of plastic that is left and that is the little triangular peice right behind the rear seat. The entire bike was melted other than the motor, forks and half of the rims and a few odd and end pieces.

As for the guys that I was riding with, I found out they really were never my friends. After I wrecked instead of coming to the hospital, they went to the drag strip and decided to come to the hospital 4 hours later. And in the past 3 weeks since my wreck they have called me once. And that was the day after my surgery. Well... I'm staying off bikes for a while... at least until my foot gets better. The docs say I will never regain full use of my foot but as long as I can shift up and down, ill be fine. If not, ill get an air shift. Lol. I put up a few pictures for everyone to see.

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Dang and ouch! Glad I wear my boots!

See less See more
#6 ·
What forum was that from?

I crashed Sept 10, 1981 and had my brake pedal go through my right foot. Very similar damage. All is well now though, had most of the foot rebuilt. I'd love to reach out to this guy since I had most likely many of the same surgeries he will go through.

Bad way to learn who your friends are.

#8 ·
Worrying about the bike is a good way to deal with the real loss. He can't exactly post all whiney about his foot...

#9 ·
I dont really see any gore to be honest.

I'd say the moral of the story is: Dont be fuggin with your fuggin mp3 player when youre supposed to be fuggin paying attention to fuggin riding.

dumb fugg

#22 ·
Can you hear me now?

That's the first thing I thought! Looking down to change songs?! Riding is concentration, concentration is riding. No one is invulnerable. :nutkick:

#12 · (Edited)
He said he was wearing DCs? I looked up DCs and only found gym shoes. Is this right? I did not read anything about him regretting not wearing the proper gear, or wishing that he had :wtf: Is that later in the thread where you got this from?

Doesn't seem like a freak accident, seems he just high sided or wiped out pinks style.

#15 ·
DC's are skate shoes, and they fly off, usually 30-40 ft in the air when you crash a motorcycle.. :lmao:

I was behind a buddy a couple years ago, lane splitting next to the curb, and a car kinda swerve over into him, and he grabbed the brake real hard and flipped over the front, and i swear that shoe was about to go into orbit.. one was found about 30ft from the bike, and the other around 60ft away. :lmao:

#18 · (Edited)
I'm not disputing it wasn't easy to do, it is however freakish that he got stabbed thru the foot.....

But thanks for the high side lesson Mr. Wizard, maybe next week we can talk about that all elusive force called gravity. :flip

Anyway, I was agreeing with ya in the first post but I'm not quite thinking straight today and didn't quite type that right. You can tell by the incoherent rambling that is now this post. ha ha

#23 ·
.....................................But thanks for the high side lesson Mr. Wizard, maybe next week we can talk about that all elusive force called gravity. :flip
Take it easy man, Brian was just trying to explain a highside, believe it or not, there are peeps on this site that dont have a clue about it.;)

Reactions: Brian
#19 ·
Ouch, that has to hurt like a b*tch. And MadMax, I would be more concerned about my bike, too. After both crashes at BHF my first thought was, is my 9R okay?

And yes, I always were my Teknic Lightnings or my Sidis when riding.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.