Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

How long is a moment

669 views 28 replies 21 participants last post by  Brian 
#1 ·
So being the intellectuals that we are at work. Someone said give me a moment to find something or other. So of course we started talking about how long a moment actually is.

I can't find it anywhere on the internet, so I come to the CLSB to find the answer.

How long is a moment?

#7 ·
I define it by how long it takes for the boss to come back and say, "Did you find it yet?"

#14 · (Edited)
My movements take about 10-15 minutes....oh wait, you said moments...my bad.

#15 ·
I don't know. Moments can last a long time. When Ken and I had that moment in his tent at Blackhawk, it seemed to last for a life time. :) :jester

#17 ·
I think moment has turned into an abstract term for second, but just as we have turned "give me a sec" "give me 5 seconds" into "hold on", "moment" has taken on different meanings as well. That being said, my definition:

A short, non specific measure of time. :robewizar

Now the real question is how many is a few?

#21 ·
A moment in my place of employment ranges between 2-4 minutes. Could take longer depending how busy the nurse/doc is.

#25 ·
An NY minute is the time one would spend trying to remove a giant rat from their back. That could vary depending how big the rat is, and how good the grappling technique of said rat.

#28 ·
So then what's the order...

Give me a second.
Give me a moment.
Give me a minute.

That seem like the correct order or would moment come after minute? And if it comes after minute then where does "give me a few minutes" go?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.