Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Chevy avalanche

765 views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  YZFRob 
#1 ·
Anyone here have one? Does a gsxr fit in the back with out taking the back window out?

#2 ·
i do believe they are the same length as having an extended cab with the flairside like i had on my truck...mine was a 98...its a really tight fit and you cant load it straight in...i do believe it has to go in diagnally say from the front left of the bed to the back right of the bed...and then i do believe the tailgate will close...then just tie it down...its a pain int he ass...and they sit as high as my truck did before i sold mine...its a huge pain int eh ass trying to load it by yourself into the bed of the truck...

i had to find a crazy approch angle and unload angle to get it on and off...

#3 ·
Box of the Joke-o-lanche is shorter than an ext cab shortbox (flare side shortbox is the same lenght as a fleetside shortbox (6.5')). Joke-o-lanches box size is about on par with the new half ton 4dr ultra short boxes (ie 4-5').

#6 ·
Theres no reason to put it in at an angle or needing one of those extenda bads, just through a baxley up in there, roll it stright up and cinch it down with two ratchet straps. Like rich said the rear will just sit on the tailgate, which is no problem at all.

I swear I should do an instructional video on how to load a bike, Theres always soo many questions about it.

#8 ·
I dont like canyon dancers. too much stress on the clip ons. I use soft hooks, and fasten them to the frame under the seat. then run two ratchet straps from the front hooks on my bed to the soft hooks, solid as the proverbial rock.

#9 ·
Cool, I have a blackwood and you can't haul shit in the back so I was planning on trading mine for a buddys avalanche for the tech day on sat. I was also thinking that it is one high ass truck. What's the best way to make a makeshift ramp? Would an aluminum ladder (heavy duty orange one) with 2x4's the long way work? I know this is a ghetto ramp but I don't have anything else that high.

#10 ·
If you can find a steep incline, such as a driveway, it helps alot. On a long trip one year, my buddies bike busted the oil cooler and we had to use part of a car hauler to get the bike into my buddies truck and then back it up to a really steep hill to get it out because we didn't have a ramp.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.