Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Bernie Mac Retiring

484 views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Loki_D_Wolf 
#1 ·
Sad.

http://www.shoutwire.com/viewstory/58401/Bernie_Mac_I_m_Retiring_From_Stand_Up

NEW YORK (AP) -- Bernie Mac says he plans to bring down the curtain on his standup comedy act after 30 years.

Mac told David Letterman on CBS' "Late Show" that he'll retire after he finishes shooting the comedy film "The Whole Truth, Nothing but the Truth, So Help Me Mac" this fall.

"And I'm going to put it in theaters and it's going to be 30 years for me, and I'm going to call it," the 49-year-old comedian said on Monday night's show.

"I'm going to still do my producing, my films, but I want to enjoy my life a little bit," Mac told Letterman. "I missed a lot of things, you know. I was a street performer for two years. I went into clubs in 1977."

"It's a great way to make a living but it also, it takes a toll, doesn't it? It's tough," Letterman said.

"Oh, man, you miss out on so much, you know, and you live in all these hotels -- I was on the road 47 weeks out of the year," said Mac, who starred with D.L. Hughley and Cedric the Entertainer in 2000's "The Original Kings of Comedy."

Said Letterman: "So, one last film record of your work."

Mac replied: "That's right. ... Comedy has been so good to me. And that's all I ever wanted, watching you guys. I had great mentors -- Jackie Gleason, Flip (Wilson), Redd Foxx, Richard Pryor, Bill Cosby, Buddy Hackett. I had so many people to watch, that today you don't have that anymore."

His new film, "Pride," will be in theaters Friday.

See less See more
#4 ·
Probably for a little bit, until he goes broke and will then advertise for anything to make a buck, sort of like MC Hammer.

#5 ·
Shocking national news...how will we all cope? Any hotlines set up for depressed, suicidal, troubled citizens? 24/7 emergency media coverage needed- talk shows, radio call ins, editorials, print media.

How will this affect the stock markets, the national economy in general, what will the ripple effect be?

International reaction? Has the White House reacted yet?

#8 ·
It was just an F.Y.I.

Wow, didn't know so many CLSB peeps didn't like Bernie Mac. Oh well, there's always Seinfeld for you all I guess. :evil

#11 ·
Wooden Spoons on the wall and bag of fries

Probably wasn't funny because most of you couldn't relate. Hmmmm, anyone here ever have a Big Momma in the family? :laughing

Anyhoo, just thought it was worth posting. Enjoy your riding.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.