R/C plane is finished

728 views 26 replies 16 participants last post by  Flying_Hellfish 
#1 ·
P-51 mustang. 56" wingspan, it's almost ready for it's maiden flight:1pimp

#6 ·
Haha....

Still a sweet looking plane!

#9 ·
That thing looks like fun. There's a forest preserve on Shoe Factory rd. in Hoffman Estates where a bunch of guys meet up and fly those things. I use to see them there all the time when I went out riding. How hard is it to land one of those?

#15 ·
that's awesome :cheers: My dad was really into this stuff years back (when I was in High School)...unfortunately I was too busy getting drunk to really take an interest (regret it now)...I did try once and almost crashed (only after having my dad perform the take off)

...would be cool to give it a try sometime but having 3 bikes has pretty much taxed my hobby time

#16 ·
very nice. :thumbsup

#17 ·
Well I took it out to the flying field today. Flew an RC plane for the first time in 10 years and had 3 perfect flights! I didn't even have anyone there as an instructor. I kinda thought I would for sure dive bomb it into a 1000 pieces :laughing I never even killed the motor on landings. Next time out I'm going to bring a video camera I think.

#20 ·
They do make camera systems, but to pricey for me to possibly smash it to pieces lol.

I flew it at the schiller woods flying field at Irving Park Rd. and Cumberland. I'm in the process of looking for a better field with a paved runway. The only one I'm aware of right now is all the way out in naperville

#25 ·
:bow
Both are very cool.

If you think of it, post up when you take out the P-51. I'd love to see it.

It has been years since I've flown and never RC. All control line wayyy back in high school. I was in the aeronautics club back then and we did a lot of control line combat. I had to rebuild the suckers almost every week during the season.

#26 ·
I will for sure have pics and hopefully video next time. If it doesn't rain tomorrow and isnt to windy I will be back out. Hellfish it does have the scoop underneath that's actually the piece where the wings bolt on.

Low flybys are the best :1pimp

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.