Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Prescribed controlled substances & drug testing

404 views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  PaulieRedCoat 
#1 ·
I'm currently looking for a job and wanted to see if anyone has had a similar situation...

I'm prescribed Adderall XR for ADD which is time-released amphetamine. If I'm required to take a drug test for any of the new jobs should I just take my prescription bottle to the test with me or would they require some type of doctor's note say "Yup, he's supposed to be taking speed."

Opinions?

#3 ·
Damn... just responded to you in the other post about this... lol... The doctore is required by law to call you and ask you if you have prescriptions for these drugs. All you have to do is provide the dr's name that prescribed them or give them a copy of the scripts and you will be all good... I'm pretty sure that they can't tell your potential employer about the prescriptions either...

#5 ·
Usually they just ask if you take any prescription drugs and what they are. My last random test was clean and they didn't even ask about perscription drugs. And, I do take some. I think they're looking for specific drugs and they can isolate the ones they are looking for.

#6 ·
I think they're looking for specific drugs and they can isolate the ones they are looking for.
Correct. Amphetamines most likely will be on the list, though.

Most commonly they do two types of tests on urine - simple screen (which is not very accurate but easy & cheap) and GCMS confirmation (accurate but more expensive). Simple screen results may come out as negative if the drug wasn't taken for several days (or because of some other factors). Depending on the tests ordered, they may or may not do the GCMS confirmation which will most likely show the results as positive even after a few days. Like they already said - it's better to call Quest or whatever testing facility you should go to.

#8 ·
i just peed in a cup yesterday,

didnt ask me anything.

I showed up at quest, signed in, gave them my sheet and my drivers license, I went in the back, emptied my pockets,

Peed in cup, didnt flush or wash hands. come out and hand cup, they give you receipt and say goodbye.

in my company paperwork it says if i fail for some reason they will consult doctor to verify results in case.

#9 ·
Employers that drug test are required to have an MRO (medical review officer)
call you about any positive results. The MRO is a physician who is certified to analyze drug & urine tests.
It is the MRO's job to determine if the medication you take would cause a positive, and also what the concentration of the medicine should be in the urine based on your dosage.
My husband is a certified MRO, & you would not believe the excuses people give him to justify a positive drug test.
" Someone put it in my drink."
" I accidentally sat on my friend's coke & it went into my skin."
" I found this pill & didn't know what it was, so I tried it."
Just a sampling.

#10 ·
i had to drug test for my current job. i had like 2 weeks off between jobs, so the day i went in for test, i was pretty buzzed from an all night-all day bender. my piss smelled so bad, even the nurse was like "out drinking huh?"

of course i passed, cause i dont do anything illegal.:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.