Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Gear Question

620 views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  Chills 
#1 ·
#3 · (Edited)
That jacket looks bad ass. I'm sure it performs that way too. See the points below which make it stand out as a great jacket for safety(and looks ahha)

Some key points
CE approved armor in back, shoulders and elbows.
1.4-1.6 Race quality Brazilian cowhide.
Double layered leather in elbows and shoulders.
Leather taped Eurotech quadruple safety stitched seams.

I would still get a back protector if I was you. I know it might be a little uncomfortable for the street, but why not take all precautions that you can get away with? I am getting the Velocity gear one.

http://highvelocitygear.com/productpages/sbpu.html

#5 ·
Fieldsheer has not had the reputation for making good gear cheap, rather cheap gear cheap. Them, along with a few other brands have stepped it up on the quality end, but it will take a while to get rid of their reputation.

If you get it, make sure it fits snugly everywhere. Even the best gear can't do its job if it doesn't fit right. Nice looking jacket btw.:robewizar

#7 ·
Fieldsheer has not had the reputation for making good gear cheap, rather cheap gear cheap. Them, along with a few other brands have stepped it up on the quality end, but it will take a while to get rid of their reputation.

If you get it, make sure it fits snugly everywhere. Even the best gear can't do its job if it doesn't fit right.

+1. Their rep isn't great, but their quality is getting better. Plus what Brian said about fitting right cannot be stressed enough. Fit is so important.

#9 ·
Aerodynamics are aerodynamics whether you are on the track or on the street. Plus I've heard testimony that speed humps actually help protect against certain neck/head injuries.

You're always hatin' Rick. I remember you going on and on and on about "stainless steel brakelines do you no good on the street.":neener:

#14 ·
rick, you are correct, any aerodynamic benefits as a result of the hump are pretty worthless on the street and silly to even bring up

even on the track, not sure how many of us would see any sort of improvement that couldn't be attributed to falling within the standard deviation of lap times

however, i do hear they crash better, and that is a definite benefit in my mind of having one on the street... not that i even ride the street or have a speed hump on my leathers, even though i really want one

#15 ·
See this is going to be used for both. I need a jacket that i can rock on the street and a jacket i can zip some pants into and hit up the track with.

I know it will look wierd with the hump on the back, but i could look even cooler wearing a corona tank top and my 600 dollar helmet strapped to the side of my bike with my toe jam getting dried out cause I'm rocking sandels.

#16 ·
Mars I have Fieldsheers leathers for the track I've crashed a couple times, they've held up fine, and my leathers are WAY old too... supposedly when sheers were not as great or something.

They're certainly not the best out there but they're a great deal for the price IMO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.