Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Eddie Griffin totals Ferrari Enzo

2K views 46 replies 26 participants last post by  uniball 
#1 ·
http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Movies/03/27/people.eddiegriffin.ap/index.html

cnn.com said:
IRWINDALE, California (AP) -- Eddie Griffin crashed a rare Ferrari Enzo worth $1.5 million into a concrete barrier while practicing at a racetrack Monday, destroying the car but escaping uninjured.

The comedian was practicing for a charity race to promote his upcoming film, "Redline," when he drove too fast around a curve at the Irwindale Speedway. Video footage showed the red sports car screeching before it ricocheted off the barrier with heavy damage to its front.

"Undercover Brother's good at karate and all the rest of that, but the brother can't drive," Griffin, referring to one his past films, said after the accident. (Watch Griffin drive into the barrier, destroying the car )

The film's publicist, Wendy Zocks, said Griffin was "doing OK."

"He walked away completely unscratched, but probably a little shaken," Zocks said.

The Enzo, valued at around $1.5 million, was owned by the executive producer of "Redline," Daniel Sadek, whose exotic car collection is featured in the movie.

Sadek said that the car was damaged beyond repair and that he had "mixed feelings" about the wreck.

"I'm glad Eddie came out of the crash OK, but my dream car got destroyed," Sadek said. "I went to my trailer for about 15 minutes and I thought, there's people dying every day. A lot of worse things are happening in the world."

Only 400 Ferrari Enzos were ever produced, all between 2002 and 2004.

Griffin's credits include the comedies "Undercover Brother"; "Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo" and its sequel; "Date Movie"; and "Norbit."

There is also a link to the video of him smashing the car in that story.

Doh! :lmao:

See less See more
#2 ·
I read somewhere that everytime one of those is crashed, that the remaining ones go up half a mil.

#5 ·
My Dad's a TV Repair Man, he has a knarley set of tools, I can fix it

Reactions: Maynard
#19 ·
How much does it costs to advertise a movie? $1 mil? $2? This smells like a PR stunt.

And if it isn't, whatever happened to using STUNT DRIVERS in films? Since when did actors become such hardasses that they do their own stuff?

Remember the old CHiPs show? Ponch and Jon riding around on a trailered bike. Now THAT's the way to keep it safe! :cruise

#27 ·
I don't know who the bigger idiot is. Griffen or Sadek. Both have more $ than brains.

#28 ·
Man that sucks. I know the owner has to have this big pit in his stomach. Only 400 Enzos made.... pretty rare car to be letting an actor drive on the track.

#29 ·
With the way the cones are set up, and by seeing the crash itself ...looks like he was going 30mph tops, and the track looked like it couldnt handle much more than that. Seems to me to be some sort of steering fluke. I'd like to hear what actually happened.

#37 ·
Talk about major understeer!

Did you catch the news clip of him commenting briefly afterwards, talking about it. "yeah, it's cool, everything's cool, I'm cool."

What an fucking asshat! His whole focus and attitude was on coming off and acting real cool, like it was no big deal at all. Yeah right asshole, you just fucked up an hugely expensive, extremely rare automotive work of art because of your ego or incompetance. Yeah, you're really cool.

#38 ·
But, if you come off like you are going to be broke now because of it, you look like a man who could not afford to even be out there - It is a slippery slope - IMHO, playing it cool is the only way to go - Appoligize of course but do it smoothly

#40 ·
At least it was damaged at the track and not on some road with an idiot millionaire hitting a tree on a street.

Really who gives a damn anyways? The world isnt gonna end because another $1.5M Ferrari Kit Car, err Enzo got wrecked.

#41 · (Edited)
I actually saw another vid clip, and it showed the wheels turned all of the way, and the car going straight. Dry pavement, and low speed. wtf?

Same type of thing I saw with that other Ferrari vid that has been floating around. A 360 if I remember. A low speed course, it was wet though, the wheels turned and the car went straight, and coincidentally down a flight of stairs.

#42 · (Edited)
Does it look wet out to you? Sorry I couldn't get the vid link to open. Maybe I'm seeing coolant in the picture.

I still don't get why they had him tooling around in an Enzo for practice. I don't even know why he would be driving vs. a pro for the shoot. There are lots of other high performance cars with similar specs for a crapload less to see if he can handle it and practice on vs. 1 of 400 $1,500,000 Enzos. Dumb! :nono

#45 ·
I'm scared of crashing my $7k bike at the track. i couldn't even think of doing it to a $1.5M car. It really sucks there is no insurance coverage for him since it was on a track.

Who in their right mind lets someone else drive their $1.5M car?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.