Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

in charge of neighborhood watch group for my assoc

464 views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  Thunderstruck 
#1 ·
ok, so what should i look into doing?...obviously contacting the bartlett popo and seeing what they offer and whatnot for help...but maybe also thinking about getting the fire dept also to maybe show up to a meeting also to talk about general info...

my association has been around for about 20 years...but no one has taken any steps forward about this...i have seen some possable shady things going on at times...the group is a wide variety of age groups from 20's to 80 year old people...kids all around the area also...i know that the association has been getting complaints about people hauling ass through our area,,,so i will prolly work with the police about maybe doing a hide a cop car on a street and tag them as they bypass the street light...

can anyone think of anything else?...i get along with all neighbors i meet and will try to get 1 to 2 homeowners per street to possably try to get involved in this...

i ran for entrance onto the board, but lost getting on by a few votes and the remaining board members are staying on...so the next time it comes up, im more then likely getting on the board...i have made my presence known...lol...

imagine that, right?

See less See more
#2 ·
Be afraid, be very afraid! :lmao:

#4 ·
u are such the smartass..lol...ok...ill remember that...

#7 ·
Mandidtory X-51 Space Modulators - Marvin knows his stuff

Check out cityofchicago.org and look under CAPS and see their stuff

#8 ·
Shady things? In Bartlett? Bartlett politics in and of itself is shady. Have the people vote as many times as you need to get the result you want. If that doesn't work, do what you want anyway.

Maybe I'm just more aware of it because I'm from there. Don't get me started on U46.

#9 · (Edited)
Does anyone else find this thread hilarious?? Do they give you a special badge to wear for this??? :laughing

Take a BITE outta crime!!! :lmao:

#13 ·
Seriously, how much is a Bartlett city sticker? They're conveniently vague about it on their website. I'll have to ask my parents. I remember hearing the cost when I lived there and saying no f'ing way I'm paying that. The ticket was less than the cost of the sticker.

I haven't officially lived there in 8 years though. Maybe things have changed. B-lett is still the most crooked village I've had the honor of residing in. Small town politics are vicious.

#15 ·
lol...smart asses...all of yea...good to see gixx hasnt lost her touch of going after me as usual...

over where i live...as far as i know, there is zero crime...i have left my doors unlocked (forgot both car and house at times) and not have had anything taken...they could be afraid of my 125 lbs dog too, but still...no one has touched my cars either...the politics with my association are bullshit and im looking to see what i can do about their rules...its outta hand and im pretty sure i can get almost everyone in my association to sign a petition to get some things changed...which im about to start...these board members feel a need to just up and scream at ya when your asking questions and just AGRUE in a driving force...the worst part...only 2 people on the board are male...there are 5 women...and NO ONE is under the age of 50...the majority of people in our assoc is under 40, as most old people have died off , or moved out...

like i said...alot of shit...

#17 ·
im sure as hell not a cop...let alone barney fife...

im more like OTIS where he locks himself in jail everynight for public intoxication...:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.