Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Need Help, Dealership "forgot" to put oil in

2K views 58 replies 34 participants last post by  GPz1100 
#1 ·
I just took my 2006 jetta in for a simple oil change. I brought my own MObil 1 oil for them to use. I just went to pick up. I start driving and noticing it shifting extremely hard and I could smell something burning. I pull over, check the oil, No oil on the dipstick! I look in the crankcase, what a surprise no oil!~

So not only did they not put any oil in the motor, they stole my oil.

What could be done internally to the motor that is screwed up. I have a feeling they are just gonna put oil in and say there is nothing wrong. I need technical words and what could be wrong so I can yell at them.

#3 ·
you can't see oil by looking in the valvecover. Brand new fresh oil, in a new motor, on a dipstick is fairly clear. Go double check the dipstick again. I find this hard to beleive for a VW dealer.

Pull the dipstick out, (with the motor off), clean the dipstick with a rag, put it back in, pull it out and look at it.

If there was no oil the Oil Pressure light would be on inside the car

Shifting has nothing to do with the motor oil either

#4 · (Edited)
Dood I am so pissed. Is the motor screwed up? Hell I can imagine it has to be.

Yeah I checked the dipstick several times. The oil light was on as well, there were other lights too. Something is wrong. Where would the burning smell be coming from?

Why would it be shifting so hard? It like throws you forward when it shifts.

#5 ·
Keep driving until the motor siezes. Then you get a new motor :)

#6 ·
Man, your motor could be totally screwed.

In fact, I would demand a new motor because you have no idea what damage has been done until it has been stripped down.

Sorry to hear. :(

(You could drive it until it grinds to a holt then you will definitely get a new engine). :) - As suggested above.

Glenn

#11 ·
Finally, someone else with worse issues with their dealer and the Nazi sleds. Sorry to hear brotha, i'd go back there with a glock and demand the head guy for a TDI V10 Tourag.:1pimp

G
#18 ·
yeah I would call a lawyer pick anyone off the internet and just ask them. it wouldn't hurt. Then call the dealership asap. Don't drive the car at all. They will find some way to screw you over. Talk to the manager nobody else.

#19 ·
Seriously, drive it til it don't drive no more, then call them. The main bearings/rod bearings are already damaged, significantly reducing the engines life.

Do not take that thing back to them in running condition, demand a loaner, kill them with kindness, until they tell you you aren't getting a loaner and new engine. Then have a pschodelic freak out in their service office, waving arms, pounding on the coutnter, the whole nine yards.

#20 ·
Sorry to hear this Bro - I would not drive until a sieze because they can come back and say you should have pulled over when the lights came on and can hold YOU responsible - I know this sounds crazy as they were the ones that fucked it up but I have seen crazier things happen in order for a dealer to avoid payment - As mentioned, approach with a calm mindset but let them know that if this is not fixed above and beyond your expectations, a call to Fox News Consumer Alerts, the BBB, VW N America as well as a local Newspaper will take place - Ask (demand nicely) to meet with the owner of the dealership as they will make sure you are happy and no bad press leaks - Come like a Velvet Hammer dude - A Calm approach with stong intent will get you a lot further - PM me if you want - I'll help if I can

#25 ·
Achapman ,
I spent 10 years as an engine rebuilder, so if you need someone to help you out let me know.

The main things with bearings - SMOOTH!!! Any discoloration, scoring, marks, etc.etc = very bad. :)

Also, it is not only the crank bearings to worry about - cylinder head can also be screwed up, along with oil pump and anything else that need oil and overheated.

Ahhh, the memories....

Glenn

#27 ·
This is the list I have compiled of things that are probably wrong.

The main items that will be affected are your bearings.

The rod bearings at the bottom of each piston, I'll assume the crank, and all the pistons are damaged.

Crank jurnouls, will also be fucked new block will be needed.

The cam bearings jurnorls, so the whole head will be to be replaced, and the cams.

#49 ·
Just noticed my post count- 710. OIL upside down. The mind wobbles. You make your own conclusion.
:spit
This is by far the most random post I have ever seen on an internet forum. What the hell were you doing where you noticed that 710 is OIL upside down? Did you fall out of your chair at work or are those magic mushrooms just kicking in? Bizarre, but creative... fucking weirdo. :jester

#32 ·
I had a frend leave the Subaru dealer after an iol change, and he lost the drain plug on the way home. He caught it pretty fast, before all the oil drained. Dealership did not put on a new plug gasket or properly tighten.
You want to get the zone manager involved, and get in writing that if they say there is no damage, you want written assurances that if there is an engine failure within 50,000 (or more) miles, that VOA will provide a new engine.

#33 ·
IMHO, call VW roadside assistance and tell them the car needs to be towed. Just left the dealership for an oil change, and oil light just came on and engine is making noise. Do not let them put oil back in, or put something like slick 50 or other type of oil treatment to quiet the engine, and just hand it back to you. I worked in a service department, and I know that is the first thing they will do. Heads will roll, but make sure it isnt yours. If you need help, let me know. I have blown up plenty of engines. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.