Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Music and Movies

1K views 38 replies 25 participants last post by  Maynard 
#1 ·
What I am looking for here is the best use of a song in a movie.

Does not need to be the theme but just going on in the scene,

Give the song and the movie and scene.

I will go first.

Ride of the Valkyries from Apocalypse Now Helicopter attack.

Ina goda davida Manhunter playing for the Red Dragon with the blind girl.

My Favorite

Atlantis by Donovan Goodfellas Scene where Joe Pesci and Di Nero are killing the made guy in the bar.

#3 ·
Duel of the Fates/Battle of the Heroes; John Williams is amazing :bow

#5 ·
Hudson hawk "oh i aint got a barrel off money" cant think of who sang it? anybody?

#23 ·
That's the 1st one I thought of after reading the main post....Steeler's Wheel on K Billy super sounds of the 70's

#11 ·
Whatever Happened to My Rock 'N' Roll in Faster

#12 ·
Adagio for Strings in Platoon

#14 ·
hey man nice shot by filter- in the cable guy when jim caray slams the basketball and in the beginning of Demon Night.

#15 ·
Not sure what the track is called, but the club scene in Collateral when TC is killing off all the asians was bad ass.

#21 · (Edited)
These Boots Are Made For Walking when the hooker walkes up in Full Metal Jacket
+1

I really like the background music in Anal Devastation 3 during scene 5 "In the Principal's Office".

#19 ·
Dazed and Confused has several, but here are two (and yes I have scene this movie dozens of times :twofinger ).

Sweet Emotion in the begining as Pickford rolls his GTO through the high school parking lot.

Slow Ride at the end as they cruise the highway in Wooderson's Chevelle smoking a doobie after partying all night at the moon tower.

#27 ·
Best is new movie THE DEPARTED has Dropkick Murphy's song "I'm Shipping Up To Boston"
and
second best is moview The Devil's Rejects has Allman Brother's song "Midnight Rider" during beginning of movie.

& some other cool ones are:

Anchorman - Afternoon Delight
American Graffiti - 'Maybe Baby' by Buddy Holly + the entire soundtrack is pretty cool if you dig the oldies
SLC Punk - 'Cretin Hop' by The Ramones + the entire soundtrack if you like some punk
Lords of Dogtown - 'Death or Glory' by Social Distortion

#29 ·
second best is moview The Devil's Rejects has Allman Brother's song "Midnight Rider" during beginning of movie.

I was trying to think what was the song that was playing in House of 1000 Corpses...when the blonde chick was dancing around while the other dude was torturing the other dude. :laughing: I know, way vague. I only saw it once but I remember thinking that the music was incrediblly perfect for the scene

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.