Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Update to dealer didn't add oil

1K views 39 replies 29 participants last post by  JRSMAIL 
#1 · (Edited)
OKay. I just got off the phone with the service Manager. This is what he said.

He said that when we checked the oil, the car was running. Since the system is under pressure, thats why we couldn't see anything on the dipstick. He said he let the car sit for an a hour and checked the oil level and it was fine. He also said the oil is crystal clear, that's why I couldn't really see it. I had them put Mobil 1 Full Syn 0w40.

he went on to say the manual says to let the motor sit off for a while before checking the oil. He also stated that there was oil all over the motor becuase the dipstick wasn't pushed in all the way, and since its under pressure, it came out of the dipstick.

He said the reason it was sluggish and shifting hard was the throttle position sensor went bad. I guess it went bad from the time I dropped it off and the time they worked on it.

What does every one think I should do?

ORIGINAL POST
http://www.chicagolandsportbikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53411

See less See more
#3 ·
I don't know the original story but I do know that checking the oil with the vehicle running is indeed useless, most of the oil is in the top end of the engine or the various passageways. Not to mention the oil that is stuck in windage.

I would say that the service guy is correct. Sluggish performance is not a normal indicator of having no oil until parts start seizing and you would have noticed that much more abruptly.

#7 ·
I have to disagree that the oil will be crystal clear. Give me a break. I don't care if it's Mobil One Full Synth or whatever oil. It may be a very light color going into the motor, but it definitely won't be clear, especially after it mixes with any residual oil.
Motor does need to be off, like mentioned above.

#13 ·
THe oil light was on the entire time. I turned the car off, and turned it back on and the oil light came on each time.

2. He said that the oil vaporizes to an extent and that is how I got oil everywhere. He said this happens becuase the dipstick wasn't seated properly. When I checked the oil, the dipstick was inserted completely into the hole.

#15 ·
I smell bullshiet. Crystal clear oil? Dipstick not seated properly is all BS. Even if it was not seated properly, the dealer was the one who didn't seat it properly. I have never seen oil shoot out the dip stick. If it really was under that much pressure, the dipstick would be pushed out from all that pressure. After all the dipstick is not held in by any clamps, just friction.

#16 ·
The only time I had a mess in my engine bay like that was when I forgot to put my oil cap back on my Saturn when I was 16. I don't think oil would be spewing from the dipstick for all the reasons mentioned above.

As far as TPS sensor goes...I believe in order for them to perform the work under warranty the tech will have to scan for codes, print out any codes and submit that in order to receive the part. They should have a record of the code stating a bad TPS sensor. You could ask to see that. It should be stamped with a date and time as well of the scan.

Do you have a 1.8T? I've had two throttle bodies go bad on me. The sensor is not replaceable. You have to replace the entire throttle body. You can look to see if that looks new.

But really in the end, I don't think you'll get very far with them. 99% of dealerships suck.

#18 ·
If you're not too attached or upside down on this car I would think about dumping it.

It sounds like they fucked up the oil change, and made up a bunch of shit to cover themselves, including the tps. You most likely won't prove anything, and MAY be looking at early engine failure. Of course that's all assuming that they are putting the fucks to ya.

The bottom line is- do you trust them? If it were me I'd move on to a different ride and not have this hanging over my head.

#21 ·
the dealer gave you a bunch of bs. and if it's a 06 the TB should still be covered under warranty. the oil issue sounds like the dealer fucked up. i would pitch a fit. you checking the oil and not putting the dipstick in all the way will not cause the oil light to come on. lack of oil pressure is what usually causes it. if you had no oil the light would have been on from the beginning like you said it was. i would check out a jetta forum or two. i know of at least 3 people that had really bad experiences with jettas including one where the heat warmer set the drivers pants on fire. once the manufacturing plant went to mexico the build quality went to shit.

#23 ·
IF they haven't erased the fault codes, i have a VAG com that can pull the codes, chances are they're gone already. And i too use M1 synth, the guy you spoke to is a liar. And +1 on the oil spilling out due to a loose dip stick, tell the guy you spoke to that he's a loose dipshit..

#24 ·
go back to the dealership and do the following..
1. Bitch slap the motherfucker
2. Take out your sashimi knife and cut that motherfucker's ear off.
3. Then stick the fucker in the thigh all the way to the handle
4. Twist the knife a few times
5. Grab the fuck by his hair and drag his ass to your car.
6. Put the motherfucker in your trunk
7. Bring him over to my house
8. tie his dumbass to a chair I have prepared in my garage
9. I'll hold is tongue out with a pair of pliers
10. Kick the motherfucker right under his chin
11. I'll dispose of his now severed tongue
12. Tell him not to ever lie to you again.
13. Gouge is fucking eyes out with a white hot ice pick
14. Drill a fucking hole in his eyeless head
15. Pour motor oil in the hole
16. Take him back to the dealership and drop him off
17. Do life in prison without parole.

#27 ·
I would contact VW Customer Service, tell them your story and then file a complaint against the dealer. Then the dealer will have to come up with a better solution. Usually a rep from the manufacturer will come out and want to look at the car. I would not let up on it, they are trying to cover something up.

#29 ·
Have you escalated with the manager at the dealer? Attack them from all sides. Show no mercy.

While you're at it, tell him you want to take his wife out to a delicious steak dinner and not call her in the morning. That will light a fire under his ass.

*Disclaimer : Actual results may vary. Not responsible for direct or indirect bodily harm.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.