Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Paying the Stupid Tax.

495 views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  ChiefBD 
#1 ·
"This sucks.." is the only thing I could think (and verbalize), as I watched my bike slide on it's side through an intersection on Division last night. Of course, I was sliding along side of it for half the ride.. the frame sliders gave it a little less friction that my gear gave me.

*First* time I've ever put a street bike down, after 9 years of nearly constant commuting. :bangin No cars involved, just lost the front end on some wet and oily pavement. Bike's good.. scrapes and bent pedals. I'm good.. sore right shoulder and a nasty phone-sized bruise on my leg. Glad I was wearing gear. What was stupid? Braking on wet pavement in the middle of the lane. Lessons learned: crashes happen _really_ fast, and pavement is _really_ hard.

I don't flinch at riding in bad weather-- after growing up with dirt bikes, I've found losing traction is (mostly) part of the fun.. but, I guess, don't let it get you too confident.

#4 · (Edited)
a nasty phone-sized bruise on my leg.
OUCH! That sucks Darren, glad you're ok enough to post! Now heal up, cause the season hasn't even started!!! Now, what's with the tax title? Meds are kicking in huh?:laughing: HEAL UP!

#12 ·
I'm glad you are okay. Don't beat yourself up over it. Everyone goes down eventually. You had a nice lowside, which is about as harmless a bike crash as you can get. Glad you had gear on and bruising was all that happened. Hop on eBay and start looking for replacement parts and get back on that bike. :)

#14 ·
Glad you are okay man, had that exact experience in school on my nighthawk 250. Slide over oil right when it was pouring down outside. Slide the bike sideways like a MX guy with one leg on the ground, stopped 3 inches from the car's bumper in front of me, was lucky to not go down or hit the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.