Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Cool Police Cars

696 views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  hellion29 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Thats awesome.

#3 ·
When I see shit like that....I lose my cool....all of those vehicles should be immediately pulled off the streets, put on the auction block and F__KING SOLD! That's our hard earned tax dollars at work...yes I know, some are from over seas...still someones tax dollars. Cops should have one vehicle, the cheapest slowest piece of shit we can find, with a big old Michigan State Trooper Gumball on the top. I tired of local PDs with these over priced muscle cars, to catch us speeding "criminals"! Serve and Protect, my ass!!! More like Ticket and Harass!! They should all be driving smart cars. Someone tell me why Barrington and Palatine PD's need laser guns?? The answer simple...revenue....both PD's have the habit of setting up laser traps at "rush hour", in Barrington the speed limit is 25! No school zone...I can run faster than 25! The roads can definetely handle 35 and still be safe. And don't get me started with Palatine :mad

Yes someone peed in my Wheaties this morning:twofinger

#4 ·
Rick... I've heard a lot of the "nicer" cars in there are police impounds... bought and paid for by drug dealers, etc. I could be wrong in which case I'd be pissed about them spending excessively too.

I'd have to disagree with cops only needing the slowest possible car... If someone took any of us out when we were riding and a cop saw, I guarentee you'd want them to catch the asshole. $0.02

Sounds like maybe you're just having a bad morning. LOL

#5 ·
rick,

most police departments get lasers for free, often times they are donations. Remember the same people that make the laser / radar detectors also make the radar / laser guns. The fast cars are often times police impounded vehicles as well.

#7 ·
Okay...If they are impounds....they go on the auction block....IMMEDIATELY. No ifs ands or buts. There isn't a police forces in the world that needs a gas guzzling Hummer or a Porsche worth a 100Gs...thats monies that could go toward their salaries or back to the taxpayers! If the guns are gifts...that should be illegal for them to accept any gifts. Most companies have rules pertaining to gifts...IMHO so should the police, if I have to pass on playoff tickets from a vendor, why should the police be any different?

#9 ·
I hear ya Rick. However, virtually all of the hot rods in the US are impounds. Except for the ones like the Magnums that were shown. The majority are from drug busts and are used in DARE type programs at local car events and parades to draw attention to the message.

As far as the foreign ones, many of those are actually donated for publicity purposes by the manufacturer. I remember reading articles about the Lambo and the Ferrari being donated for publicity purposes.

So, the majority are NOT tax paid for, however, even so, they could be sold at auction to offset costs of police operations.

#12 ·
Glenn,

Repost, but check this out....

If you’re passing through Oklahoma and you think you can just speed through the state without any chance of getting run down from behind, think again. The Oklahoma Highway Patrol has a little surprise for you, a Suzuki Hayabusa Police Interceptor, all nice and shiny and black and radar equipped. The OHP is set to get special training at the California Superbike School. Better slow ‘er down boys.

http://thekneeslider.com/archives/2006/05/25/suzuki-hayabusa-police-interceptor/

#15 ·
my biggest problem with the cops are the unmarked cops on the expressways during rush hour trying to slow things down even more. Tax dollars or donations all but 3 of those cars were glaringly marked and even 2 that were unmarked (Bentley and Viper) had light bars on top.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.