Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

2 new Transformers trailers

582 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Jimbo 
#1 · (Edited)
#4 ·
In the january trailer they mention the military base in Qatar is the first to be wiped out... Is this gonna be a movie where the US military in the middle east gets crushed to please the "world" market? Kind of like how "Truth, justice and the American way" got cut out of Superman Returns? I wouldn't be suspicious of it if it wasn't Spielberg doing it after what he gave us in Munich... The effects look damn good though. :hump:

#6 ·
In the january trailer they mention the military base in Qatar is the first to be wiped out... Is this gonna be a movie where the US military in the middle east gets crushed to please the "world" market? Kind of like how "Truth, justice and the American way" got cut out of Superman Returns? I wouldn't be suspicious of it if it wasn't Spielberg doing it after what he gave us in Munich... The effects look damn good though. :hump:[/QUOTE

Have any links on this "appeasing" world markets? I've never heard of it until you mentioned it.

#7 ·
That was the explanation from the writers and director for changing the superman line. They said something to the effect of the american way not meaning the same thing to people in other countries as it used to. It was changed to "does he still stand for truth, justice, and all that other stuff".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.