Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Setting up Home Theatre sound stage

1K views 44 replies 17 participants last post by  FiReBReTHa 
#1 ·
I forgot who it was but I do'z recall someone offering to CAD This :) :) :) :)

jk, i know how much work it is so I whipped up this temp to try to give everyone an idea.

The system is, klipsch B3s for the front stage placed On the TV Stand.

Klipsch S3's for the rear stage

klipsch C3 for center mounted on wall below the tv, same Top line height as the B3s, mounted inbetween the B3s.

and a KSW12 in the bottom left of the pic or bottom right. both have power and room to run cable underneath.

my issue, is that I dont know where to place those speakers on the BACK wall!

the couches are angled a bit to aim torwards the TV, This family room is so small it makes it VERY difficult and nothing can be rearranged, I am posting up real photos of the room in my next post.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
BTW TV IS getting mounted on wall, so the bottom line is going to land at the speakers TOP line, I dont want it going any higher because I want it eye level.

Got my new keyboard mouse shown there. Logitech Dinovo Edge.

ignore the crappy paint, we were trying to fix old owners bad patch jobs, etc. etc. allot of things are getting redone.

Edited in better pics,

Check out my new keyboard/mouse.

#6 ·
True. One of the reason I went with them was because I loved the concept of the surround speakers with their dual woofer/horn layout.

I have a Yamaha 5960 receiver that can use an optimizer mic to figure out the speaker layout to adjust the "strength" of each speaker.

#8 ·
how do we then walk from the garage to the rest of the house?

and running wires and power would be a pain in the ass. it would make my sound stage issues quite a bit easier but the current layout is the best its going to get :(

#13 ·
your best sound stage is to have your rears behind you. Also putting speakers on stands does improve there sound. it has to do with the baffle reflection you get off of the table top. Secondly, you never want to put a speaker against a wall. some (aretechtual audio) will account for it, but speakers need to room to breathe, 8~10" away from a wall will improve sound dramatically. Next if you put your subwoofer in a corner, you can corner load it which will give you increased response, but it will also create a little boomy type sound. I have a 12" sonotube that was to much in the corner so I moved it away about 1 foot from the corner, it sucks because it's so big and takes up alot of space, but it shakes the ENTIRE house at 1/3 the volume knob. Finally consider some room treatments if you want the best sound. Carpet (even throw rugs) are a great start that gets the spouse approval factor.

#14 ·
I hope you guys are finally happy, the other thread I was getting butchered to put this thing up on the wall! I just need to adjust need to now get the stand leveled.

Flat Against the Wall

Extended 28" from the wall.

ignore the bracket sticking out on the bottom, I am going to see if I can flip it upside down to hide it. etc.

#16 · (Edited)
lol, I still need to tuck the wires into the wall foo.

that wall bracket is the bomb diggity.

ghetto my ass... bah!

BTW... I tested it extended out............. Its rated for 200lb... it held me without a sound. or creak of wood.

#18 ·
pictures redone to please dave.

I am now thinking of using those S3's for ALL Around. front AND rear stage...

That way if I tuck them into the corners the sound will reflect off and thanks to the design, spread thru the room. Just adjust the gains on the speakers individually to compensate for distance, etc.

#37 ·
No offense if you are a Bose only guy but I found that Bose is WAY over priced and that you can get the same or better sound from far less expensive speakers.
Some really dirt cheap speakers that get really high ratings are BIC America. I have one of their centers and it sounded better to me while played back to back with a 500.00 Polk center. Run their rear surrounds too. Infinity SM122's up front. These were back when Infinity was a small unknown company that you could not buy at every big box store. I paid like 400 or 500 each back in 92 for them. I compared them to a 1400 dollar set of Bose speakers and was blown away by the Infinity's. But we all have our own ears, I say buy what sounds good to you. Agree with the in wall speakers. Spray the grill the same color as the walls and you are done.

Under200

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.