Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Stay away from Wisonsin Cycle Salvage

999 views 32 replies 13 participants last post by  Grasshopper 
#1 ·
I saw this part on ebay, for sale by Wisonsin Cycle Salvage. I emailed them about it, because I wanted it, but I thought they were asking too much for it.

They wouldn't move on the price at all, but told me they had rusty ones for cheaper. I asked how much and what condition.. they told me very rusty, and the price wasn't much cheaper than the clean one.

So, I emailed them back, stating I thought they were asking too much for it. The email I got back said "Clowns like you waste our time."

I never attacked them, only the price they were asking for the product! And they go and make a personal attack, on a potential customer! I even said "no thank you" when I replied, being polite to them!

I would hope that anyone reading this, would decide to stay away from these guys. Customers clearly aren't on the top of their list.

To add: I emailed them again, to tell them I thought they were out of line, calling me a clown. I used no harsh language, no attacks, and their respone was "GET OVER IT."

See less See more
#6 ·
Have you ever been to a junkyard. Your not exactly dealing with microsoft executives :laughing

I expect that kind of service from a junkyard.

#12 ·
They wanted $125 for the chamber. I can get a whole new exhaust for $250(aftermarket). So why would I pay half the price, on a used part, for 1 piece of the exhaust?

Then they said $75 for a "very rusty" one. I already have a very rusty one, that came with the bike. Don't need another one, especially at $75!

#13 ·
Is the part discontinued? What year is the bike? No offense dude, but OEM discontinued parts that are in good shape are worth good money. The salvage yard isn't in business to give parts away. They sell parts for a living.

Look back to see how much the OEM part was brand new and compare.

#17 ·
I'm not bitching about the price here. I didn't like the price, that's why I emailed them. It's the way they handled it, that I have a problem with.

To quote myself in the email I first sent them:
"I'm interested in this item, but not for the asking price. If you are willing to work on that price, please email me back."

It may be a reasonable price for the item, but it's more that I am willing to pay. I wasn't rude to them, but they decided to call me a clown. In the business of selling things, I find that bad business practice.

#18 ·
I don't think they should have said what they said, but it is ebay. They can charge whatever they want, as long as there is someone around willing to pay the price. They probably sold many of these parts for similar prices and dealt with many folks like yourself trying to make lower offers and did not want to be bothered, so they got a little pissed off and made a smart ass comment. It happens, everyone should move on :)

#20 ·
Have you sold stuff on ebay? My guess is no.

A People overbid/overpay on ebay all of the time.

B There are so many time wasters/stupid questions from buyers

It is quite enough answering normal questions, and then people want to comment on price too? lol ...I might give you the same response :lmao: There are a bunch of time wasters on ebay.

#21 ·
how do you come to this conclusion? were was the research on this pulled from, and its professional research panel coming from a professional research company specific to these claims?

why would you also treat your customers like that even if they thought your prices were to costly? surely you understand convenience and price drive "your motives". this type of behavior is detrimental for any business for the sake of just agreeing.:popcorn:

#32 ·
Hey Speed, would you walk into Best Buy, tell a sales clerk that the price on a new LCD TV is too high and ask them to work with you on it?

Didn't think so.

#33 ·
I'd still like to know more info on the damn part you are refering to.

Year of bike?
Year of part?
Is the part discontinued?
How much is the part new?

I was looking for a rear brake drum cam for a 1981 CR250 one time. Honda discontinued the part. Most of these bikes were raced, destroyed, forgot, left to rot in a barn. Basically the part was scarce and not easily found. If you're not familiar with the way a rear brake works on a 81 CR250, the brake drum is mounted inside the rear hub of the wheel and the rear sprocket mounts to it on the outside. Bad design by Honda. The arm that pulls the brake shoes tight broke off making the rear brakes worthless so I had to have the part.

Anyfuckingways... The part before it was discontinued brand new from Honda was like 30 bucks. I ended up paying nearly 100 bucks for it from the same place you are talking about.. Why? Because its a part nearing extinction.

I guess it all depends on how bad you need or want the part. If you need the part no matter what and the manufacturer doesn't make it any more the cycle salvage yard has you by the balls don't they?

Fuck it, who cares anyway? Did you find the part for cheaper?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.