sportbikerental.com - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 12:54 PM Thread Starter

sportbikerental.com

I haven't been on a sportbike since I sold my R6 almost 4 years ago. Obviously I'm not really an active member of this board, but I wanted to contribute some useful information. My wife and I went to Vegas couple weeks ago, and before we went I decided I was going to rent a bike. I called sportbikerental.com from home, and talked with them for about 10 minutes getting some general info. I didn't reserve one over the phone, since I wanted to see what the weather was going to be like, and what are plans were. I called sportbikerental.com again on my second morning, asking if they had any R6's that day. They didn't, but had a 2006 Gixxer 600, so I went with that. Fernando picked my up from my hotel in their truck, and took me back to their location. I chose the 4 hour/150 mile package, which was $99, plus $18 or so for insurance, plus sales tax. I was also responsible for fuel. They also set me up with a helmet, leather jacket, and leather gloves. They pointed me in the best riding direction, and I returned about 4 hours later with 135 miles on the bike, a great day for about $135 total. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a ride on a trip to Vegas. They were very nice, the bike was great, what more can you ask for?

Ryan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 03:58 PM

wow, thats a great deal.
I was thinking about trailering my bikes, but why do that, if I can just use someone elses.
Thats wonderful
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 04:13 PM
Clever Girl

Sportbike: 'Fightered F3
Years Riding: 3 years
How you found us: I woke up here.

Send a message via AIM to Noodles
Do you know if they will rent to someone under 25? I'm going in late september and was considering doing that for a day if I have time.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 04:22 PM
The Violator

Sportbike: A little bit of everything.
Years Riding: Not nearly enough!
How you found us: On a ride in Colorado

I've had good luck renting sportbikes in Dallas, L.A., & San-Fran. Seems to be more dealers doing this each year.

Sport Ryder Rentals, in Dallas, has a very diverse fleet with sport bikes, naked bikes, sport tourers, and a few dual sports.

The guy running the show down there is a stand up guy & Texas Hill Country is a perfect place to ride when it starts getting cold here.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 10:40 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamben158 View Post
Do you know if they will rent to someone under 25? I'm going in late september and was considering doing that for a day if I have time.
I'm pretty sure they don't rent to anyone under 25. I'd still give them a call and ask, and maybe ask why. If you are insured at home, maybe it wouldn't matter then.

Ryan
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 10:47 AM

Sportbike: Slow
Years Riding: all of them
How you found us: a real person

The only thing I don't like and don't understand is that 150 mile limit. WTF is that? If I go on vacation somewhere and rent a bike I don't want to be held up by a 150 mile limit. I mean come on, for crying out loud, thats only 1 tank of gas.

How much do they rape you if you go over 150 miles?

"I pity the poor people who don't ride motorcycles"
-Malcolm Smith, champion motorcycle racer

Nick
STT Staff
Midwest Division
www.sportbiketracktime.com
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 10:51 AM

Sportbike: 2006 R6 Raven
Years Riding: 7 years
How you found us: ChicagoIlivewithmymomriders.com

Only 135 miles when you're out West?!?

Grasshopper and I have gone over this option again and again, and we always come back to the same problem: Once you go over 150 miles, they charge by the mile. To me, 150 miles when you're out West is not NEARLY enough.

We always rent Sportsters when we're out there. Sure, it's not an R6, but it's unlimited mileage for $99. Trust me, we always bring 'em back with WAY MORE than 150 miles on the odo.

Book of my Fuh-Zayce

Gotta DANCE!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode