Who works fo a cell phone company I need a hook up or decent deal - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-16-2007, 07:23 PM
G2G

Who works fo a cell phone company I need a hook up or decent deal

I haven't have a personal cell phone for about 10 years I have always have had a work one. Well I need to limit my use on my work phone so I need to buy one of my own. I have nextel right now through work and I do like it because of the 2 way feature but the main thing is I need unlimited text and a decent amount of minutes. Does anyone know who has some decent deal going right now?????????????? Help a brother out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-16-2007, 07:37 PM
Enjoying Life!!

Sportbike: 09 Night Rod Black Denim
Years Riding: Not Long Enuff!!!!
How you found us: Friends

check out www.wirefly.com I got my phone and plan through them.

Cingular btw

I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later!!

Last edited by CHeYeNNe; 04-16-2007 at 07:51 PM.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-16-2007, 07:44 PM

I have tmobile. I have 3000 anytime minutes for any calls to/from IL, WI, IN for $49/mo

They also have some great "my favs" plans which include unlimited calls to/from as many as 5 numbers for as little as $39/mo.

I think, the best deals going.

edit: unlimited texting for $5/mo

Last edited by Brian; 04-16-2007 at 08:00 PM.
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-16-2007, 07:57 PM
Bug
Ridiculously Good Looking

Sportbike: Sportbike?
Years Riding: No F'in Idea
How you found us: 4 & 6

I have a Sprint bro and love it - Fuckin thing works everywhere but I am grandfathered in on a plan for a crazy deal that is untouchable but the FYI here is that it works EVERYWHERE - I carry a Verizon BB for work too and am amazed and all the places my Sprint has Covg and my Verizon does not

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW, what a RIDE !!"
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-16-2007, 08:24 PM
CRF50 Squid

Sportbike: K6 GSX-R 750, 1971 CL350
Years Riding: Veteran Poser
How you found us: Google

Send a message via AIM to Blah Blah Blah
If you want to go with Sprint, get the Sprint SERO (Sprint Employee Referal Offer). $30 for 500 Minutes, $50 for 1250 minutes, $99 for 2500 minutes. You can get unlimited texts for something like $10 a month. All you need is the email of sprint employee to sign up for the SERO plan. You can get that at any Sprint store just by asking a sales rep for their business card.

Check out http://sprint.p.delivery.net/m/p/spr...epclanding.asp

I love my Sprint phone. I bet I pay less than Bug and get more free shiet too.

"The man who makes me your enemy, it is he who be the guilty one....Here I abandoned peace and desecrated law; fortune it is you I follow. Farewell to treaties. From now on war is our judge!"
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-16-2007, 09:15 PM
G2G

good info here guys keep it coming
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 09:10 AM
Midnight Rider

Sportbike: R6 and a Z1000
Years Riding: for a bit
How you found us: random PM on sportbikes.net

i would go with t-mobile if you're looking for cheap. my g/f has it and she likes it. plus she really only calls 5 people very often. i don't think she has any service issues around here either.

Fat Pat #728

If you don't like my fire, then don't come around...
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 09:22 AM
The Victim Newbie

Sportbike: 2007 mountain bike
Years Riding: just started
How you found us: svrider.com

Send a message via AIM to clearwaterms Send a message via MSN to clearwaterms Send a message via Yahoo to clearwaterms
generally speaking Verizon and Cingular are considered the best nationwide. US cellular has the best coverage in Chicago though. Wirefly and letstalk.com usually have the best deals on the hardware. When i was looking at smart phones letstalk had the samsung blackjack free with a two year contract through cingular (now AT&T) but letstalk has cingular, verizon, and I believe nextel / sprint as well.

<-- Chris

turn the bars left and go right; that just isn't right
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 09:52 AM
Clever Girl

Sportbike: 'Fightered F3
Years Riding: 3 years
How you found us: I woke up here.

Send a message via AIM to Noodles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug View Post
I have a Sprint bro and love it - Fuckin thing works everywhere but I am grandfathered in on a plan for a crazy deal that is untouchable but the FYI here is that it works EVERYWHERE - I carry a Verizon BB for work too and am amazed and all the places my Sprint has Covg and my Verizon does not
I use to have Sprint and hated them so much that I paid the $150 cancellation fee to get rid of there service. They used to have the best customer service up until they merged with Nextel. I called them and asked about the cancellation fee and instead of before where they would do anything to keep you as a customer, the guy actually gave me step by step instructions on what to do to cancel. This happend twice as well.

I switched to T-Mobile and couldn't be happier.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 11:17 AM
G2G

Another question guys. i am looking at verizon right now. What is the best phone for the money. I will be using it to make calls text and take pics every so often. I would like user friendly for texting and something that doesn't sound like crap. For instance I have heard the new motorola razors suck ass no matter who you carrier is.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 11:20 AM

US Cellular is #1 in Chicago...no denying that. They used to also be the cheapest but I don't think that's the case any longer. In any case you can try out a few companies since there's many that let you 'try for 30 days' and then decide. This way you can try the phones in the areas where you are located and see if they work for you.
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 11:23 AM
Clever Girl

I don't know if verizon has it, but look at the Blackberry Pearl. I text quite a bit and the keyboard on it is great once you get use to it. It also takes good pictures. I don't have the internet on mine either, and it still is an awesome phone. It's also small enough to fit in my pocket.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 12:11 PM
CRF50 Squid

Sportbike: K6 GSX-R 750, 1971 CL350
Years Riding: Veteran Poser
How you found us: Google

Send a message via AIM to Blah Blah Blah
Don't get a Razr. My uncle's shop is an authorized Sprint service center and he says he sends back around 40 or so Razrs a month. The shiznits flip phone from Motorola is the Krazr. Much more reliable and lots of cool features.

As for me, Sprint has never failed me. I rock a Sanyo M1. 1GB internal memory, MP3, TV, BlueTooth, 2 MP Camera, it does it all. I can read/respond to emails, check my eBay auctions, get on AIM, tether to my laptop for wireless internet, the works. It saved me from having to carry around a brick like the Treo.

"The man who makes me your enemy, it is he who be the guilty one....Here I abandoned peace and desecrated law; fortune it is you I follow. Farewell to treaties. From now on war is our judge!"
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-18-2007, 10:04 AM
G2G

well guys i bought a phone yesterday and I haven't been able to put it down. I went to t mobile and took teamben158 advice. I walked in and started talking to the guy who worked there he was about my age and told him what i was interested in as I was looking at different phones. I told him the blackberry pearl caught my eye. he said it was there favorite phone and showed me all the guys that worked there where using them and they loved them. So I got all the bells and whistles I have internet access and unlimited texting and I am on the fab 5 plan with 300 min. Thanks for all your help and i think it is pretty cool to get my emails and IM via my cell phone. I finally splurged a little bit on myself and went for it. also i am back in the 312 area code lol
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-18-2007, 10:26 AM
Clever Girl

Good choice on the phone. Look around for a blackberry forum and you can find some cool programs for it. I started looking, but since I didn't get the internet on mine, most of them I don't need.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-18-2007, 11:03 AM
G2G

Werd
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-18-2007, 03:57 PM
CLSB's Florida Chapter.

Sportbike: Ducati
Years Riding: 3 days
How you found us: unemployment office

Send a message via AIM to MoparBoyy
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamben158 View Post
I use to have Sprint and hated them so much that I paid the $150 cancellation fee to get rid of there service. They used to have the best customer service up until they merged with Nextel.
I agree there customer service blows fat hairy dick. however, i just switched to a BlackBerry a month or so ago. And now if i need to contact customer service, i get to call the business line, which they pick up every time in a matter of minutes and they are always super helpful. i even had the sprint guy call me back like an hour later to make sure everything was working right!

-Mopar

1997 Dodge Viper GTS
2013 Dodge Dart Rallye
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-18-2007, 04:28 PM

Sportbike: 2004 1000RR
Years Riding: since 2001
How you found us: www.euroteknik.com

pm me, i may have a deal for you...
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-18-2007, 05:34 PM
G2G

who me 04Imolazhp???
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-18-2007, 07:02 PM
Bug
Ridiculously Good Looking

Sportbike: Sportbike?
Years Riding: No F'in Idea
How you found us: 4 & 6

Just an FYI, most all Cust Servc is outsourced - Both Sprint and nextel did this for years so it had nothbing to due with a merger

T-Mobil is GREAT for Int'l too Steve - I carried one years ago and it work all over the globe - Sprint works everywhere I have ever been in the US and the few Latin American countries I have travel to in the last 3 yrs, it worked there too

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW, what a RIDE !!"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode