Ody... Please help - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-24-2003, 02:52 PM Thread Starter

Ody... Please help

I am have been trying get past this one level on Splinter Cell and I am stuck. I know you are farther than me so please help.

I am on the mission trying to save the american soldiers who are going to be executed on the internet. I am up to the point where I go through the hold in the floor into the ventilation duct but I always set off the alarm mid way through the damn duct. I cant figure out what the hell I am doing wrong. Tips please.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-24-2003, 03:24 PM

Sportbike: 2002 CBR F4i
Years Riding: 3
How you found us: Original Gangsta

Send a message via AIM to maks
If I'm thinking of the right part, halfway through the duct, on your way to the exit near the end, there's another grating that you can't get out. I don't think anyone can even see you through that, but maybe it just so happens that you saved at a point when the guards are gonna be right there when you walk by? I dunno. Can't you just go to the end by the hole where you're supposed to exit and wait in the dark until the alarm goes off?
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-24-2003, 03:38 PM Thread Starter

Well maks, the last place I saved was the save point on the roof where you disable their broadcast tower. I then make my way through the level till I get to the air duct. I then get about halfway through the duct when the alarm goes off. I dont even get to turn the corner to see the grate where the guys are standing. The voice comes over my Comsat and says "thats one alarm to many. Mission over." I cant figure out what is going wrong. (No sarcasm. I know that the alarm going off is the prob.) How do I get past this.....
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-24-2003, 03:51 PM Thread Starter

To make it even better, I can tell you which crease in the duct will set off the alarm so I am doing something wrong. There arent any cameras or infrared beams or anything that my nightvision or infrared goggles can pick up. Majorly frustrated over here.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-24-2003, 03:55 PM

When you're in the room where you're up on the ledge and there's 2 or 3 guys below...do you kill them or knock them out? If you kill them, the body alarms go off later sometimes so make sure that you knock them out instead.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-24-2003, 03:55 PM

Sportbike: 2002 CBR F4i
Years Riding: 3
How you found us: Original Gangsta

Send a message via AIM to maks
Okay, well, if you're still saved at the broadcast satellite part on the rooftop, reload from there. If you didn't figure this part out exactly, there's a light that flashes on the rooftop.. it'll stay on for like 10 seconds or so. You have to move so that you don't touch the roof and when the light switches back on, you don't have your shadow going into the room below, otherwise you'll get an alert and two guys will come out. It doesn't really matter, 'cause you can just kill them anyway. Take out the antenna, and 2 more guards will come out. Stand by the door or in the dark hallway past the door and take them out when they come out one at a time. After that, make sure and hide the bodies well. I think this might have been where you messed up, but who knows.

When you go through the bathroom part, again make sure and hide the guards, shooting out lights if you need to to make a spot that's dark enough. There'll be like three, I think, before you get to the grating part where you have your alarm dilemma.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-24-2003, 04:07 PM
freaking newbies, man there slow, ha ha ha

Sportbike: Big Wheel
Years Riding: Since 3
How you found us: This is required?

This is the only game that makes me wish I had an XBOX.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-24-2003, 04:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
When you're in the room where you're up on the ledge and there's 2 or 3 guys below...do you kill them or knock them out? If you kill them, the body alarms go off later sometimes so make sure that you knock them out instead.
That is all it is??? Hide the bodies in the bathroom scene?? Wow. That makes sense. For that matter, i am going to hide the 2 guards that I kill in the hallway above the bathroom also. Maybe that is it. thankyou.

I also never even suspected there was an alarm on the roof as well. I will keep an eye out for that as well. Thank you.

Quote:
This is the only game that makes me wish I had an XBOX.
I broke down and have both XBox and PS2 now because I didnt want to miss out on any really good games.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-24-2003, 04:41 PM
YO MAMA

Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!

some times you cant help the alarm going off.
i say get the mission done..kill who ever you have to and do what ever you have to to get the mission done.
ive set the alarms off a few times..never stopped the mission for me.

just kill anyone or anything in your way. is my advise from what it sounds like that you got going on

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode