Screwed during lunch - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-28-2003, 07:29 PM Thread Starter
Not a regular at SOW!

Sportbike: Honda CBR600 F4I
Years Riding: been riding since 90
How you found us: surfing the web

Send a message via AIM to crash11
Screwed during lunch. Sorry, not really motorcycle related

I went out to pickup lunch this afternoon and while parked in the parking lot some lady backed her suv into my car. She damaged the passenger side rear quater panel and the bumper. Luckily, I caught her while walking back to the car. I wrote down her insurance info.ect.... I filed a report with the local police department.ect.... I called her insurance company to ask for info on filing a claim and while on the phone the agent asked for her policy number so that he could look up her info. which I gladly gave him. It turned out that she did not have coverage since Sept 13, 2002 and she was driving a lease car '?, is this legal'. Some time later she calls me to say that she had some bad news to tell me. Well guess what that was? Anyway, she basically repeated what the insurance agent had said to me eariler. She also said that she just got a new policy 'what after the accident. WTF!'. The good news is she said that it was her fault and that she will pay for the damages out of her own pocket. She mentioned that she knew someone with a auto repair shop. Yeah, right like I'm going to take my car to them. I'll have get some estimates on Monday. I'll keep you guys updated. I just had to vent some steam....

Last edited by crash11; 03-28-2003 at 10:11 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-28-2003, 10:10 PM
YO MAMA

Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!

take her to court NOW...file a case agasint her with the cops..she is so screwed then after she is found at fault she REALLY has to pay you...if she cant afford insurance what do you think she is gonna pay you with?

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-28-2003, 10:34 PM
Man with Big Hose

Sportbike: '01 Track only GSXR 600. No more street riding :(
Years Riding: Pick a number between 1 and 10? Opps now 1 and 11
How you found us: Champ91 in 2002

Send a message via AIM to Pugsly Send a message via MSN to Pugsly
Well, probably not much is going to happen. First her insurance company will noy pay since she was not covered at time of accident. Second, you have insurance, right? if so make the claim with yours and let your company go after her for restittion. ( if you have state farm, like i do) if you were not at fault, your ratews do not getr affected at all!!!) (I had 2 other people's fault accidents with state farm and my rates have be untouched for almost 3 years)

Third you can try to recontact the reporting officer and inform him that there was no valid insurance and he may choose to issue a ticket to her that. (highly doubtfull).

That Boy Just Ain't Right
CCS #414
PARTS411.COM
Lockhart Phillips USA

NESBA #414 Advanced
2001 GSXR 600
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-29-2003, 09:16 AM
CLSB SuperHero

Sportbike: None right now
Years Riding: since '95
How you found us: friend

Sorry to hear man. If you got any insurance related questions....PM me...I'm the forum claim rep.

Life is too short to ride anything but an R1

In memory of FastBlueR1...RIP

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-29-2003, 10:26 AM

Sportbike: 2002 Turbo Hayabusa
Years Riding: Lost Track
How you found us: Tony

This is the reason you have insurance. File a claim, give them the police report and let them handle it. That's what you pay them for! If they try to jack your rates over a non-at-fault claim you need a new insurance provider.

State Farm will raise your rates if you have enough claims but generally do not unless you're at fault.

Dave
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-29-2003, 10:36 AM

Take her to court. Maybe they will force her to sell her SUV, pay for your damages and buy a car that she can acutally handle.... like a cavalier or focus or something.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-31-2003, 01:09 PM

Sportbike: 06 CBR600RR
Years Riding: bought my first street bike in 2000
How you found us: SBN

Quote:
Originally posted by cherrypicker
Take her to court. Maybe they will force her to sell her SUV, pay for your damages and buy a car that she can acutally handle.... like a cavalier or focus or something.
what if she has 6 kids???

anyway, the woman sounds like she's nice enough. let her pay you out of pocket instead of screwing her in court. if she doesn't pay up, then i'd say go to court.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-31-2003, 01:49 PM
hayabusa_z

Damm..... I am disappointed! With that title for a post I was hoping that this was some kind sex story "Screwed during lunch" .
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-02-2003, 08:27 PM Thread Starter
Not a regular at SOW!

Sportbike: Honda CBR600 F4I
Years Riding: been riding since 90
How you found us: surfing the web

Send a message via AIM to crash11
update

Ok, I met up with the womans boyfriend on Tuesday afternoon over at the Bridgeport Auto Body Shop. The shop was large and it was equiped with a spray and baking room. I was looking around at some of the other repair jobs and I was surprised at the prisce quality of work. I agreed to let them do the repair work. I'm going to drop off the car this coming Monday and I should have the car back by or on Wednesday. I guess I'll be saving some $$$ for the guy this way and at the same time I'll get the car repaired correctly 'not half assed'. Some of the estimates that I got were around the $800 to $1,000 range. I'll update this thread when I get my car back from the repair shop.

Later.....

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-03-2003, 09:21 AM
Super Moderator

Sportbike: bikeless
Years Riding: 10
How you found us: Shit, you know I'm a clsb OG!

Send a message via AIM to Vcook
Quote:
Originally posted by GautamCity
what if she has 6 kids???

anyway, the woman sounds like she's nice enough. let her pay you out of pocket instead of screwing her in court. if she doesn't pay up, then i'd say go to court.
if you have six kids at least carry liability to you dont get sued out of all your money. i've been screwed before in the accident arena, so no mercy for anyone. cops get called, tickets get issued, and people/insurance has to pay up.

Chris

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode