Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Cage problems

490 views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  Flounder 
#1 ·
So this is in regards to my cage,

about 5 weeks ago i had a flat in my front left tire, i changed it to the spare and rode on that for about 15 miles till i got to my tire shop... I got a new tire etc..

after that the car pulls to the left when I drive, i figure i need to get my alignment balanced or whatever.. no biggie.. just haven't had time to get it aligned...

But, about a week ago though, my car makes this screeching noise rather annoying... I believe its coming from that same left front tire... the noise seems to stop when i ride for about 5 minutes and come to a complete stop but it starts up again if that left tire hits a bump or sewer lid. Will a wheel alignment fix this problem? I'm totally not mechanically inclined so I have no idea what the hell is going on with my car... but that screeching noise is annoying as shit.

Any ideas? :robewizar

#2 ·
Might be a wheel bearing going bad. This will cause a car to pull, and no an alignment will not fix it. In extreme cases, the hear from the faulty bearing will discolor the rotor. Use a jack to lift the car, and turn the wheel. If it does not spin freely, or you can shake the wheel up, down right and left, prolly a bearing. What year make model car is it?

#6 ·
Shocks make a squeeking noise when blown, TRE's cause a creaking when turning, CA's (Control arms) also cause a creaking.

Now, i would check the new tire first to make sure it's the same size as the others. A buddy of mine went to Just tires for a new tire, they put the wrong size on his S4 causing issues.

#4 ·
IS this only when turning? It could be tie rods/tie rod ends. This is possibly the case if you drove on the flat for a long period. Learn how to drive ya friggin' asian!

#5 ·
If the car didnt pull to the side before hand, could just be the size difference between the new tire, and used one the front. If the rear tires are in decent shape, rotate them up front & see if it solves. Could also just be underinflation of one of the tires.

As for screeching, could be the brake wear indicators.

#9 ·
Pull the wheel and inspect the brakes.

Most brakes have a little metal tab that comes into contact with the brake
rotor surface when the pads are worn out... they are designed to squeal.

When you step on the brake there is enough pressure to make it stop.

I'd start there.

Tom

#19 ·
2 years = 30K miles is too soon. Quit buying the cheap pads and stick with OEM. I get about 60K+ miles before having to change out my pads.

#22 ·
True. On my Prelude, i had the OE's and they lasted till 55k. So, you're one of those assholes that drive with both feet and ride the brakes huh? Fucker!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.