I'm the world's greatest driver. - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-11-2007, 09:05 PM Thread Starter
Si Vis Pacem Parabellum

Sportbike: 955i Speed Triple, 100AE Road King, AP1 Honda S2000
Years Riding: 1/3rd of my life.
How you found us: Cave Johnson

I'm the world's greatest driver.

I almost died at about 8pm last night. While en route to a dinner date (that didn't go well), I got ran off the road in my parent's car. I was on Herrick Road in Wheaton, headed South to Naperville, some asshat takes the corner off of Ferry onto Herrick, makes the turn fine then flies into my lane. I slammed on the brakes and threw the car into the ditch, lost the back end, managed to keep it from flipping somehow and sat there for about 10 seconds. I thought about the circumstances that would have caused him to run into my lane and came to the conclusion that he was either drunk or some punk was fucking with me, either way, I lost my head and got back onto the road to follow him. I catch up about 30 seconds later, and while I have 911 on the line, he pulls over, I give them his license plate #, they dispatch a car. He pulls into the Herrick Lake forest preserve and gets out of his car to have words with me. I'm not having anything to do with talking to him, so I keep my distance, he walks up to me, I put the car in reverse and back up, this happens for about 15 minutes before the police show up (Great response time Wheaton, with all of our rampant crime, lord knows you're busy...), turns out he's drunk, driving home from a soccer game with his daughter in the car.

This is the reason I'm giving up the bike for a bit, if I had been on the Triumph, I would almost certainly be in the hospital right now or worse, thank the lord for small miracles and for my incredible driving talent.

On a high note, I had another date tonight that went AWESOME! I dated this girl about 2 years ago, the last time I saw her was when I was on my way home after buying the SpeedFour, anyway, she calls me out of the blue and we went out tonight. Best part, she got even thinner and hotter... Go Team Brian!

Brian
NESBA #22
الكافرة مع بندقية سوداء
Si vis pacem parabellum

Quote:
Yeah, I quit doing blow, not being rad!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-11-2007, 09:09 PM
I wok!

Sportbike: 2006 felt f65 and a 07 STI
Years Riding: 5 years
How you found us: wtf is this shit...

congrats on the date sucks on the police reacting slow. they at least ticket that fool?
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-11-2007, 10:48 PM
Facilitator

Sportbike: '03 Honda CBR 600RR
Years Riding: 12+
How you found us: a good friend

Brian, good job at evading the drunk man. I was riding last night and was having a good time around Aurora and Batavia but man, that's some scary shit! I assume you are not getting the S2000, rather now you'll be looking into some sort of tank like vehicle?

Team Brian, way to go
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-11-2007, 11:37 PM Thread Starter
Si Vis Pacem Parabellum

Sportbike: 955i Speed Triple, 100AE Road King, AP1 Honda S2000
Years Riding: 1/3rd of my life.
How you found us: Cave Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by uicsux View Post
congrats on the date sucks on the police reacting slow. they at least ticket that fool?
Took his ass to jail, I hope they don't call me to trial if they press more charges than DUI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarge52 View Post
Brian, good job at evading the drunk man. I was riding last night and was having a good time around Aurora and Batavia but man, that's some scary shit! I assume you are not getting the S2000, rather now you'll be looking into some sort of tank like vehicle?

Team Brian, way to go
Fuck that, I've lived long enough, S2k FTW!

Brian
NESBA #22
الكافرة مع بندقية سوداء
Si vis pacem parabellum

Quote:
Yeah, I quit doing blow, not being rad!
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-11-2007, 11:56 PM
Irony helps us play!

Sportbike: 2000 F4
Years Riding: Long enough to know better
How you found us: some hot MILF whispered it in my ear

Glad you're ok.

Poor kid to be stuck with an asshat dad like that.

Everyone Exaggerates

We're being taken for a ride... agaaaaaaain.....

Best Auto/Moto Insurance | Motorcycle Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 12:13 AM
The Halo hides my Horns

Sportbike: SV650
Years Riding: 1 year
How you found us: Google

I'm glad you got him busted. Drunk drivers piss me off to no extent. (for reasons I can explain at a later date).

aut cum scuto aut in scuto

http://www.firespeedtactical.com

My ZenFolio Gallery: www.LonelyRaven.ZenFolio.com
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 03:48 AM
Armed law abiding citizen

Sportbike: '74 Yamaha RD350
Years Riding: idk

You would have really impressed me if you took the drunks daughter home and peed in her butt (if she were of legal age). If you need the S4 to take the girl out let me now. Get her to run and she is yours for the night.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 07:37 AM
PPF Installer

Sportbike: 01 GSXR 600
Years Riding: 5
How you found us: post on gixxer.com

holy shit man, good driving to save it from rolling.

ok ok, I know having a drink on a drunk getting caught really isn't the right thing to do, but........good on you for his ass getting caught, shitty response time though from the cops, whats up with that?
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 07:42 AM

Sportbike: Kawi ZX-10R
Years Riding: Since February 2012
How you found us: NESBA bbs

Send a message via Yahoo to Chills
I hope that dick goes to jail for driving drunk. I also hope his wife kicks the ever-lovin shit out of him for driving drunk with the kids in the car.

Glad you had some quick reflexes, Brian.

Never a bad time to climb... unless the weather is really horrible, and then you climb inside!

I bleed GREEN
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 09:08 AM

Sportbike: BMW R1100s
Years Riding: 13
How you found us: Rider

Maybe its this guy (printed in today's Sun Times)? Oops, no its the wrong place. As you were:

Romeoville mayor hit with DUI, improper lane usage
S.W. SUBURB | 2nd driver claimed he nearly hit her car

July 12, 2007
BY BOB OKON Herald News
Romeoville Mayor Fred Dewald was arrested on a drunken driving charge after he almost hit another vehicle, police said.
Dewald was arrested after someone called police and reported a "possible intoxicated driver" after her vehicle was "nearly struck," the Romeoville Police Department said.

Romeoville Police Lt. Mark Turvey said the mayor "was cooperative" but refused to take a test to determine his blood-alcohol level. Dewald, 55, did not return calls for comments about the incident.

Won 3 elections
The mayor was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol and was cited for improper lane usage.
According to police, they received a call about 10:30 p.m. Monday from a woman who said her vehicle was almost struck by a gray, four-door Ford at Veterans and Crossroads parkways. The witness also reported that the vehicle crossed the center line of the roadway on Luther Drive near Rockledge.

Police said they arrested the mayor near Honey Tree and Abbeywood. Dewald posted his driver's license and $100 as bond.

Dewald has been mayor since 1997 and has won three elections. He was a village trustee for six years before becoming mayor.

Blah, Blah, Blah

Get your Portable ID!
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 09:28 AM

Sportbike: Resurrection Built YZ250F, Various European Junk
Years Riding: Yes
How you found us: SBN

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibeemer View Post
Maybe its this guy (printed in today's Sun Times)? Oops, no its the wrong place. As you were:

Romeoville mayor hit with DUI, improper lane usage
S.W. SUBURB | 2nd driver claimed he nearly hit her car

July 12, 2007
BY BOB OKON Herald News
Romeoville Mayor Fred Dewald was arrested on a drunken driving charge after he almost hit another vehicle, police said.
Dewald was arrested after someone called police and reported a "possible intoxicated driver" after her vehicle was "nearly struck," the Romeoville Police Department said.

Romeoville Police Lt. Mark Turvey said the mayor "was cooperative" but refused to take a test to determine his blood-alcohol level. Dewald, 55, did not return calls for comments about the incident.

Won 3 elections
The mayor was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol and was cited for improper lane usage.
According to police, they received a call about 10:30 p.m. Monday from a woman who said her vehicle was almost struck by a gray, four-door Ford at Veterans and Crossroads parkways. The witness also reported that the vehicle crossed the center line of the roadway on Luther Drive near Rockledge.

Police said they arrested the mayor near Honey Tree and Abbeywood. Dewald posted his driver's license and $100 as bond.

Dewald has been mayor since 1997 and has won three elections. He was a village trustee for six years before becoming mayor.

I know that guy from a previous job, he's a manager in the transportation (maintenance) department for Valley View schools. He is a dickhead, and got arrested by his own police force.

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 12:04 PM

Sportbike: 05 DRZ-SM, 80 GS1100E, 99 KTM 125SX, 03 KTM 200MXC
Years Riding: Since 2001
How you found us: ?

Send a message via AIM to Ryan Send a message via Yahoo to Ryan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartDrug View Post
Took his ass to jail, I hope they don't call me to trial if they press more charges than DUI.

Fuck that, I've lived long enough, S2k FTW!
You might get called into court. I witnessed an extremely drunk guy hit some lady's parked minivan a couple years ago. I followed the douchebag until he parked on a sidestreet and passed out. I let the cops know where he was and circled back around and left a note on the van to let her know who hit it. About 6 months later I get a call from the prosecutor followed by a summons to court. I had to go back to court downtown 3 times until the trial was done. The first two times nothing happened because either the cop or the guy's lawyer wasn't there. All this for a guy who didn't even hit my car. It was worth it though, he had to do some jail time because this was his 3rd or 4th DUI.

-Ryan
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 03:22 PM
Armed law abiding citizen

Sportbike: '74 Yamaha RD350
Years Riding: idk

I knew my mayor was up on charges. Fucking crazy. The mayor looks like like Santa. Just so you know, he was arrested in Romeoville, a block from my house. His own officers charged him, good for them. For people that have been to my house, you drove though this intersection. They waited for him at his house. He holds a CDL (schoolbus driver) and it is his second DUI in the last two years. Brian, was that you? I know your whole family rolls in a Taurus

Last edited by Dave13; 07-12-2007 at 03:36 PM.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 03:38 PM
The Sausage king

Sportbike: Ducati
Years Riding: Since my mid-life crisis
How you found us: Hankered for a hunka cheese

Glad you're OK dude and good move on keeping your distance and waiting for the popo. You don't want to confront a drunk.

Da Bears!
Ducati

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode