Mortgage broker? - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 04:30 AM Thread Starter
Highspeed ditch inspector

Sportbike: CB-360, RST Futura, 96/97/98/99 compilation of gixxers into one trackbike.
Years Riding: Since 2000
How you found us: Member

Mortgage broker?

I need a broker to refi my moms condo. The last guy ripped us off, with his fee's and hidden costs. Need some one that can talk SLOW, be up front, and handle it start to finnish.

Any recomendations? - sqrly

!!!!!!!(.)(.)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!). (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!( y )!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Garage
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 07:27 AM
Automotive Afficianado

Sportbike: Trek
Years Riding: 3285 days and counting
How you found us: CLSB found me...

Send a message via AIM to Julian@MotoCARR
Susan Shaw
Senior Mortgage Planner
Alliance Financing Mortgage Corp.
533 N. Milwaukee Avenue
Libertyville, IL. 60048
Direct phone (815) 363-8085
Direct fax (815) 363-8083
Mobile (847) 609-5503

She has worked closely with a church family friend of my parents, who happened to be my realtor when I got my condo this past Feb. She has been in the game for 20+ years. She was my broker, I only met with her once in the 4 months I was working with her. She did everything by fax and or email because of my crazy schedule at the time. There were times I would print her emails out and they would be 2, 3, 4 pages long of her explaining a certain situation. VERY recomended, i'm trying to find the rest of her contact info now.

Last edited by [email protected]; 07-18-2007 at 02:27 PM.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 08:06 AM
Bug
Ridiculously Good Looking

Sportbike: Sportbike?
Years Riding: No F'in Idea
How you found us: 4 & 6

I have a guy who has done all my places and I have been friends with him outside of Mortgages since '97

PM if you want the 411

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW, what a RIDE !!"
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 09:22 AM
YO MAMA

Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!

silentalero i believe is does this.

post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 09:34 AM

Sportbike: Track: 08 GSXR 1000; 08 GSXR 1000; 2005 R6 Dirt: 08 CRF 250 06 KLX 110
Years Riding: 15 years
How you found us: NESBA

I believe zuesrotty owns his own mortgage shop...I own my own mortgage shop in Wisconsin and if I were licensed in Illinois I would be happy to help you out...BUT...if you have any questions please feel to PM me, I will get you my number and I will help you out with any questions you may have or could just help you make sure your getting a square deal.

WWW.TRACKDAYSTORE.COM The only online store where you earn free track time when you make a purchase
WWW.NESBA.COM
Nesba Midwest CR #803
Hix Racing #803

Last edited by Brian#803; 07-12-2007 at 09:37 AM.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 09:54 AM
Clever Girl

Sportbike: 'Fightered F3
Years Riding: 3 years
How you found us: I woke up here.

Send a message via AIM to Noodles
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRECAT View Post
I believe zuesrotty owns his own mortgage shop...I own my own mortgage shop in Wisconsin and if I were licensed in Illinois I would be happy to help you out...BUT...if you have any questions please feel to PM me, I will get you my number and I will help you out with any questions you may have or could just help you make sure your getting a square deal.
+1 to Zuesrotty.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 10:17 AM
You got the talkin' done

Sportbike: 2016 Honda Africa Twin & 1979 Honda CB750F
Years Riding: long enough to have fallen off a few times - glad I wear a helmet!
How you found us: Loose Lips Sink Ships, Loose Wires Cause Fires

PM sent.

If you ain't with us, then it's just bad news.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 01:20 PM Thread Starter

Sportbike: CB-360, RST Futura, 96/97/98/99 compilation of gixxers into one trackbike.

Thanks - I will check some of these out.

My Garage
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 02:41 PM

Sportbike: 01 Giggy 7fidday
Years Riding: been riding your mom for years
How you found us: The hobo on lower wacker sold me the link.

Even then if you have questions on whoever you go with feel free to give any of us a call. Def help you out.

Dgrsuspension.com

~ High Performance Coilovers

Silentedition.com
Quote:
Watching the Cubs lose is the opposite of appreciating a fine wine ó itís like watching a car accident in progress. Itís horrifying, yet gruesomely riveting, and you canít help but watch and sympathize with the poor souls inside.
Quote:
Originally Posted by burntash View Post
coming to CLSB for relationship advice is like asking fat people in mcdonalds about nutrition.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqrly View Post
I need a broker to refi my moms condo. The last guy ripped us off, with his fee's and hidden costs. Need some one that can talk SLOW, be up front, and handle it start to finnish.

Any recomendations? - sqrly
I can do it for ya... I am in the middle of starting a forum here to get business and answer questions relating to properties and real estate... I am donating an undisclosable amount of money to CLSB for each loan I do here based on CLSB referrals...
I am trying to get the details worked out now, as my site was just put on a week ago.

You can call me at 888-910-2701 ask for ERIC WILLMANN or my cell at 630-697-8389 Here is the link to my unfinished site. www.easymtgdirect.com
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 08:30 PM
Old Squid on a Blade

Sportbike: 2000 929
Years Riding: Longer than most of you have been alive. And I'm still slow.
How you found us: The voices in my head told me to come here

Careful out there.
There are still long term inflationary pressures on the economy and limited gains on short money rates.
IMO, stay far away from short term programs and look at long term fixed rates.

There is nothing firm, nothing balanced, nothing durable in all the universe. Nothing remains in its original state, each day, each hour, each moment, there is change. Change is the essence of life. Embrace change as you do life. To fight change is to live in the past.
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 08:51 PM

Sportbike: 03 honda f4i,03 z1000
Years Riding: 9 years
How you found us: cerkmx

i second jrocks pm....jason is a great guy
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-13-2007, 03:26 AM Thread Starter

The last time the deal involved two properties, about to be forclosed on, so we had to work quick. Each property valued at about 95k. After all said and done we paid the broker about 17k, 11k of it in personal check post dated(that we couldn't claim on tax returns). We were told the checks were the closing costs, so the lender would have a better value to loan ratio. At the closing we find the closing costs are in the paperwork. We questioned this, and the broker told me that there is no profit to him in the paperwork at the closing, and that the checks are his profit for services rendered. With all the undeciferable writing in the paperwork, I dont know the truth. We realy didn't have a choice by then, we felt like we were #u#ked hard, but we would have lost more if we hadn't done it right then. All I know is that somebody got my bike repair money, and that sucks. At least we are not in a rush this time.

My Garage
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-13-2007, 08:32 AM

Sportbike: Track: 08 GSXR 1000; 08 GSXR 1000; 2005 R6 Dirt: 08 CRF 250 06 KLX 110
Years Riding: 15 years
How you found us: NESBA

Quote:
The last time the deal involved two properties, about to be forclosed on, so we had to work quick. Each property valued at about 95k. After all said and done we paid the broker about 17k, 11k of it in personal check post dated(that we couldn't claim on tax returns). We were told the checks were the closing costs, so the lender would have a better value to loan ratio. At the closing we find the closing costs are in the paperwork. We questioned this, and the broker told me that there is no profit to him in the paperwork at the closing, and that the checks are his profit for services rendered. With all the undeciferable writing in the paperwork, I dont know the truth. We realy didn't have a choice by then, we felt like we were #u#ked hard, but we would have lost more if we hadn't done it right then. All I know is that somebody got my bike repair money, and that sucks. At least we are not in a rush this time.
what that broker did is illegal. RESPA (Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act) requires that all compensation be listed on the HUD Settlement Statement. It is ok to recieve compensation outside of the closing but it IS NOT ok to not disclose it on the settlement statement. He committed fraud by not disclosing all his compensation to the lender. After the closing was completed you were under NO obligation to pay him anything.

In addition, I'm sure he violated several Illinois high cost laws by charging you so much and couldn't put it on the settlement statement for that reason also.

I wouldn't beat yourself up about the deal that you got before...you were in a tough situation and needed to get something done in a hurry and you paid a price for that, a very high price, but a price you had to pay. You did get what you wanted done and now your moving on to better pastures....I'm sure Zeus or anyone else here will take care of you and give you a fair deal.

If you have any questions...please feel free to post or PM

WWW.TRACKDAYSTORE.COM The only online store where you earn free track time when you make a purchase
WWW.NESBA.COM
Nesba Midwest CR #803
Hix Racing #803
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-13-2007, 01:53 PM

Quote:
that broker did some seriously, seriously illegal stuff. All funds except appraisal or app fee should be taken at closing... not at signing. It wouldnt be high cost problems because and I can only assume it was investment properties.
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-13-2007, 01:56 PM

Definatly some illegal stuff they did there. Either way you go your def in good hands on here. Nobody here would steer you wrong and if they did we'll just kick their ass . Do you have a copy of the hud from the last time? ALso what broker did the loan?

Dgrsuspension.com

Silentedition.com
Quote:
Watching the Cubs lose is the opposite of appreciating a fine wine ó itís like watching a car accident in progress. Itís horrifying, yet gruesomely riveting, and you canít help but watch and sympathize with the poor souls inside.
Quote:
coming to CLSB for relationship advice is like asking fat people in mcdonalds about nutrition.
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-13-2007, 02:04 PM
OBAMA FTW!!!!1!

Sportbike: Bike less, link to pictures of crashed bike in signature
Years Riding: Riding 3.5 years
How you found us: Hunny's Mom!

Send a message via AIM to .:K2:.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentalero View Post
ALso what broker did the loan?
CLSBBBD - CLSB Broker Beat Down?

<---- Andy

Gear saved my life - there is no luck involved in wearing gear.

Crashed Bike pictures:
https://www.chicagolandsportbikes.com...&postcount=138
https://www.chicagolandsportbikes.com...&postcount=139
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-13-2007, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:K2:. View Post
CLSBBBD - CLSB Broker Beat Down?
That may be a question you dont want to ask if ya know what i mean... Could have been someone ya work with...
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-14-2007, 05:14 AM Thread Starter

I will not divulge the broker unless I am absolutly sure he did wrong. I have every paper start to finnish, including the HUD. If I find that he did wrong I will make sure everybody knows.

I do need to know how to decide what broker to go with. What kind of questions should I ask? How can I get the best intrest rate for the long haul? How much of an advantage is it to have a 15, or 20 year mortage over a 30 year? These are not investment properties, one is my moms condo, the other is my house(I bought from my mom).

My Garage
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-14-2007, 11:42 AM

honestly the guys here on clsb (including myself) can all help you out through the way. Instead of going with a broker who nobody knows and we're all playing the guessing game it'll probably be in your better interest to pick somebody from the board here. If you want gimme a call and I can answer any questions ya have even if you decide not to use me.

Dgrsuspension.com

Silentedition.com
Quote:
Quote:
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-15-2007, 01:33 PM

do eni meeny miny mo...
Silent why dont you just work for me and stop all this madness !!!!
I would be the ultimate boss. Hey silent, lets take the day off and go to the track?
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-15-2007, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeusrotty View Post
do eni meeny miny mo...
Silent why dont you just work for me and stop all this madness !!!!
I would be the ultimate boss. Hey silent, lets take the day off and go to the track?
if i wasnt only going back to school mang

Dgrsuspension.com

Silentedition.com
Quote:
Quote:
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 02:28 PM
Automotive Afficianado

Sportbike: Trek
Years Riding: 3285 days and counting
How you found us: CLSB found me...

Send a message via AIM to Julian@MotoCARR
Found the correct info, updated my post

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode