Aerostich Roadcrafter vs. Olympia Phantom - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-20-2007, 02:50 PM Thread Starter

Sportbike: Yamaha FZ1
Years Riding: Can't remember
How you found us: member

Aerostich Roadcrafter vs. Olympia Phantom

The July '07 issue of Motorcyclist has a test report of the Olympia Phantom one piece riding suit. With a couple of minor reservations, the reviewer liked it a lot and rated it 4.5 stars. It's substantially less expensive than the 'Stich, too. The review was so positive, I may give the Olympia some serious consideration.

Does anyone own an Olympia Phantom? Anyone have any personal comparative comments between this suit and the 'Stich?

Keytickler

"Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana." -Groucho Marx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-20-2007, 08:15 PM
Is this Russia?

Sportbike: Formerly a Bandit 1200S
Years Riding: Since '94
How you found us: your mom

Send a message via Yahoo to MadMax1996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keytickler View Post
The July '07 issue of Motorcyclist has a test report of the Olympia Phantom one piece riding suit. With a couple of minor reservations, the reviewer liked it a lot and rated it 4.5 stars. It's substantially less expensive than the 'Stich, too. The review was so positive, I may give the Olympia some serious consideration.

Does anyone own an Olympia Phantom? Anyone have any personal comparative comments between this suit and the 'Stich?

Keytickler
Check out this forum: (direct link to thread on this suit)

sport-touring.net

Last edited by MadMax1996; 07-21-2007 at 09:39 AM.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-20-2007, 08:35 PM

Sportbike: Honda VTR & RD400
Years Riding: I'm not tellin anymore
How you found us: he said he'd kill me if I tell

Nothin like a Stitch

Quote:

Keytickler
Saw the Olympia review too. Can't comment on it but I've had a 2-pc Stitch for 15+years. Its heavy & hot but under 80 degrees it does what is supposed to like no other. Its designed for commuting & touring. You get what U pay 4 but sometimes they have sales or U can find one used. Taken care of (cleaned & treated with UV DWR), they'll last almost forever. As I've uh, filled out, I've had them add V-gussets under the arms, plus they repair minor damage. It can be custom sized too and the 2-pc takes the "Elipse" for a sport bike crouch. I doubt the Olympia can compare in those areas or hold up as well.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-20-2007, 09:39 PM
Your friendly Crazy Canuk

Sportbike: Ducati ST3 2005 Gloss Black, Monster 620, 2007 Sport Classic 1000
Years Riding: Crashing sucessfully since 1969
How you found us: Thru favorednation (ron)

Send a message via AIM to RickC1957 Send a message via Yahoo to RickC1957
Kaos and Jammin are looking into custom made suits out of Kelvar mesh....for under $800, with appropiate liners good in temperatures from -20 to 100, and totally waterproof and breathable, and come with a full replacement guarentee if the suit is damaged and cannot be repaired, it also has great armor.. Kaos had just the pants on our latest 11 day adventure...Jammin was going to check out the whole suit last night after he left my place. I'm waiting to hear back from him. All I know for how expensive 'stich suits are...everyone on my Missiouri/Arkansas trip who was wearing them...only two people didn't have them, myself and Gypsy....in the 2 days of moderate to heavy rain got wet to various degrees....from just a wet crotch...to soaked thru. Where as me in my bargin basement leathers and a $50 rainsuit was completely dry. I have also worn the leather in 100 plus degree weather....it only gets unbearable at gas stops. I think Stich does an excellent job of marketing...but they are way overpriced and don't perform all that well

Sometimes goodbye is your second chance.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-20-2007, 09:40 PM

Quote:

Keytickler
They did a review on the sport-touring website....STN...I'll see if I can find it and link you to it.

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-20-2007, 09:59 PM

Keytickler found the thread from STN.....there is a link to yet another thread on the Olympia Phantom suit...read carefully

http://www.sport-touring.net/forums/...c,11040.0.html

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 09:50 PM Thread Starter

Rick and MadMax, thanks for the link. It sounds like users are pretty satisfied with the Phantom. I know many people with the 'Stich one piece suits who love them. I've worn my friend's suit, and I've been impressed with the design and quality. The price difference and positive reviews of the Phantom are what caught my attention. Thanks again.

Keytickler

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-25-2007, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

Well, I bought the Olympia Phantom a couple of months ago, and I'm really impressed. Great design, excellent ventilation, well constructed, and easy to get on and off.

Today I put in the liner before heading out on my ride to work. The liner is a full jump suit type, and it attaches to the inside of the Phantom pretty easily and securely. The liner has the same number and placement of zippers as does the outer part of the suit, so you have twice the number of zippers to close and open with the liner in. However, the liner is warm. I didn't wear a sweater underneath today, and I was toasty on my morning commute.

For hundreds of dollars less than the 'Stich, which I was prepared to buy, the Olympia Phantom is an excellent value, and an excellent garment IMHO.

Keytickler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode