T-Rex bike stands - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-20-2007, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
Only TWO cams now...

Sportbike: 1978 Suzuki GS750C
Years Riding: Long time
How you found us: Google.com

T-Rex bike stands

Anyone know if these are made in the USA? Maybe made in Texas?

Quality?

And no, I am not looking to buy one.... I have a Pit-Bull. Love it. A bit pricey, but I know my Buell with its heavy lump will not fall down!

"Fear only two: G-d, and him who fears not G-d."
-Judah Leib Lazerov

"Tov lamut be'ad artzaynu." (It is good to die for our country)
-Joseph Trumpeldor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-20-2007, 04:49 PM
The Halo hides my Horns

Sportbike: SV650
Years Riding: 1 year
How you found us: Google

I got a set for my SV. Complete shit!

First off, most of the paint (red) had chipped off during shipping...no matter how well you bubble wrap it, it's still going to get chipped up if it's stuffed into a box like crap. There was more red paint in the bubble wrap then on the stands it looked like.

Then, the rear stand hit my brake caliper and would have torn my brake off...this after they promised me it was perfect and would fit my SV perfectly. So after a few E-mails they sent me a modified "hook" that was missing the rubber pad on the reverse side so it wouldn't damage my brakes.

Add to that, the damn stand is so friggen wide, and made so cheaply, that it flexes inward when it's holding the rear of the bike up. One of the legs was bending so much, that one of the wheels (paired up wheels on each side) would lift completely off the ground, not making the bike stable at all!

Lastly, all the rubber pads that are for protecting the stand from the tarmac have fallen off simply from being out in the sun on a warm day.

The front is....OK. It's kinda hokey, but hasn't fallen. The rubber holders for the forks aren't very safe IMHO...they just don't grip enough metal to be safe. The triple adapter is kinda hokey as well, and none of the pins fit perfectly...they fall out of the stand, and are a bit loose on the bike. It's like they are random sizes and not common sizes.

Will they work? Yeah. Do I like 'em? No...not at all.

I'd get a Pitbull or some other more well known, much better built one. Especially if they make one specifically for your bike. It will hold better, won't flex, and if it's made for the bike it will be as if the bike came with the stand.

OK /Rant

aut cum scuto aut in scuto

http://www.firespeedtactical.com

My ZenFolio Gallery: www.LonelyRaven.ZenFolio.com
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-21-2007, 01:30 AM

Sportbike: K7 GSXR600
Years Riding: Not long enough
How you found us: Accident

Send a message via AIM to zstylem86
strange...

based on the reviews on GDC, i went ahead and bought a set with spools on ebay. the package came VERY WELL packed and bubble wrapped. don't see how anything could possibly get damaged, maybe you just got unlucky. after assembling it, which took 10 minutes, i tried them on my bike. since everything is adjustable i don't see how there would be any fitment issues. after a few adjustments the stands were rock solid. the bike is very stable. probably the best $120 i've spent. i could barely get 1 stand from the over priced companies selling basically the same thing. i do have to agree on the bolts/washers. the holes aren't perfectly threaded, but once on they shouldn't come out with the help of some lock-tite. i would buy them again...
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-21-2007, 01:38 AM
U-P-G-R-A-Y-E-D-D

Sportbike: 04 GSXR6
Years Riding: 2
How you found us: I thought it was a line for muffins

Send a message via AIM to FiReBReTHa
Pitbull or bust.

www.firespeedtactical.com
Trial By Fire.
Like our page!
http://www.facebook.com/firespeedtactical

Quote:
"I'm spooning a barrett 50 cal. I could kill a building."
-Archer
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-21-2007, 06:03 AM
BSB > WSBK > MotoGP

Sportbike: '02 GSXR 600 / '98 CBRF3
Years Riding: Since '03

I just don't understand the concept of holding up a $9000 bike with cheap stands? One tip-over and the cost to repair the fairings on any new streetbike will much more than the cost difference between cheap stands and good stands.

A set of Pit Bulls plus a Baxley is the first and only stands I've bought and will ever need. They will outlast all my bikes most likely.

Jeff
NESBA #311
'02 GSXR600
'98
Smokin' Joe's F3
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-21-2007, 09:26 AM
Cruising through life

Sportbike: '11 Harley VRSCF
Years Riding: 7 years
How you found us: searched under "degenerates"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zstylem86 View Post
strange...

based on the reviews on GDC, i went ahead and bought a set with spools on ebay. the package came VERY WELL packed and bubble wrapped. don't see how anything could possibly get damaged, maybe you just got unlucky. after assembling it, which took 10 minutes, i tried them on my bike. since everything is adjustable i don't see how there would be any fitment issues. after a few adjustments the stands were rock solid. the bike is very stable. probably the best $120 i've spent. i could barely get 1 stand from the over priced companies selling basically the same thing. i do have to agree on the bolts/washers. the holes aren't perfectly threaded, but once on they shouldn't come out with the help of some lock-tite. i would buy them again...
+1... i got mine just fine and after adjusting them for my spools they work great
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-21-2007, 10:47 AM

Sportbike: ZX6R RIP............ 02 VFR RED
Years Riding: Second category rider.
How you found us: Friend

I have a front with triple tree attachment and it works good. The threading on the holes is about the only problem, but the screws are strong enough to re-thread and make a strong hold.

George
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-21-2007, 10:56 AM
CRF50 Squid

Sportbike: K6 GSX-R 750, 1971 CL350
Years Riding: Veteran Poser

Send a message via AIM to Blah Blah Blah
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadrach View Post
I just don't understand the concept of holding up a $9000 bike with cheap stands? One tip-over and the cost to repair the fairings on any new streetbike will much more than the cost difference between cheap stands and good stands.

A set of Pit Bulls plus a Baxley is the first and only stands I've bought and will ever need. They will outlast all my bikes most likely.
Sportbikers are the cheapest motherfockers on the planet. I use to be in that club until my friend's 1000RR fell of my Handy stands. We were able to save it but I acquired PitBulls shortly after. I no longer skimp on stuff as it almost always end up costing me more in the long run.

"The man who makes me your enemy, it is he who be the guilty one....Here I abandoned peace and desecrated law; fortune it is you I follow. Farewell to treaties. From now on war is our judge!"
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-21-2007, 11:06 AM

Sportbike: K7 GSXR600
Years Riding: Not long enough
How you found us: Accident

Send a message via AIM to zstylem86
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadrach View Post

i guess you can't make this comment without actually trying them. i guarantee you that they are just as solid if not better than pitbulls. not to mention they are better looking and have double wheels unlike pitbulls.

if i were lonely raven, i would have returned those. doesn't sound like what i got, especially being damaged before arrival. did you have rear spools at least? it helps with clearance, so that might have been your problem.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-21-2007, 11:49 AM
U-P-G-R-A-Y-E-D-D

Sportbike: 04 GSXR6
Years Riding: 2
How you found us: I thought it was a line for muffins

Send a message via AIM to FiReBReTHa
Quote:
Originally Posted by zstylem86 View Post
i guess you can't make this comment without actually trying them. i guarantee you that they are just as solid if not better than pitbulls.

I have never met anyone on the internets to say that Trex's are better than pitbulls. this is burn at the stake blashphemy.

www.firespeedtactical.com
Trial By Fire.
Like our page!
http://www.facebook.com/firespeedtactical

Quote:
"I'm spooning a barrett 50 cal. I could kill a building."
-Archer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode