LEO Encounter - Just be Cool (kinda long) - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 10:50 AM Thread Starter
Bug
Ridiculously Good Looking

Sportbike: Sportbike?
Years Riding: No F'in Idea
How you found us: 4 & 6

LEO Encounter - Just be Cool (kinda long)

Moral of this story, be kind, cool and polite when getting pulled over and you might just be suprised with the outcome

Coming home from Full Moon in the express lanes of 90/94 heading back to the City - Bobbing and weaving thru 2 lanes of traffic at abooot 75 or so and then it opens up and so do I - I pass the State Boy and see him pull out - Look down and I am slowing to around 90 ish - He pulls me over - I de-gear and walk to his passenger window upon his invite - Hand him the paperwork and he asks why my tags are expired - Tell him that the bike was bought out of state and am waiting for the tags in the mail - He then asks if I know how fast I was going - I answer no but I know it was over 55, Sir. - We chat a bit and he says he clocked me at 95 but seeing as I have a clean record and was kind enough to pull over he is giving me a break and booking it at 70 - I ask if I can pay the fine ASAP so I can keep my license as I am flying this week - He then says I will give you another break and issue you an ibond and to just make sure I pay the fine - He then tells me of an on-line traffic school that if I complete and mail in the fine, it will not appear on my record - He then thanks me for pulling over and being polite (using yes Sir and no Sir and thank you Sir as much as I can without sounding too ass kisser) - I ask him if people actualy run on him and he tells me a story of 4 bikes he tried to pull over - 1 pulled over and 3 ran - The guy who pulled over was cool to him so he got the guy to call his buddies on their cell and tell them to come back because the bike is reported stollen and he is getting arrested - The 3 dumb asses come back and the LEO writes the 3 for speeding and lets the 1 who pulled over go

He then tells me that he is happy to see me with gear on and tells me that he is less tolerant to those who don't ride with it - Bottom line, the LEO could have:

1. Tix for expired plates matching the Busa (but he did not)
2. 95 in a 55 (gave me 70)
3. Kept my license until I go to court (ibond and on line traffic school instead)

All and all he was cool to me because I was polite to him - Learn from this if you can my friends - I am going to get the plates transed and pay my Sales tax ASAP as dude was cool so I owe him at least that - Not all LEO's are a holes, friends - They are people just like us - Treat them how you would like to be treated and you might be suprised

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW, what a RIDE !!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 10:58 AM
CRF50 Squid

Sportbike: K6 GSX-R 750, 1971 CL350
Years Riding: Veteran Poser
How you found us: Google

Send a message via AIM to Blah Blah Blah
Could have been worse. So why are your plates expired and sales tax still not paid? It's two forms to transfer your old plates over and tax. $25 flat sales tax and $65 for title.

"The man who makes me your enemy, it is he who be the guilty one....Here I abandoned peace and desecrated law; fortune it is you I follow. Farewell to treaties. From now on war is our judge!"
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 11:01 AM Thread Starter
Bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by maoisn View Post
Could have been worse. So why are your plates expired and sales tax still not paid? It's two forms to transfer your old plates over and tax. $25 flat sales tax and $65 for title.
If bought from a private seller - This was purchased from Corse of Wisc - My sales tax will be 5 hundie and change and I have just been lazy and cheap - I get my quarter end bonus this month so I will be paying the $$ then

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW, what a RIDE !!"
post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 11:02 AM
CRF50 Squid

Sportbike: K6 GSX-R 750, 1971 CL350
Years Riding: Veteran Poser
How you found us: Google

Send a message via AIM to Blah Blah Blah
Aaah. I keep forgetting not everyone is like me. I love the $25 flat sales tax. It keeps my bike trading hobby quite active.

"The man who makes me your enemy, it is he who be the guilty one....Here I abandoned peace and desecrated law; fortune it is you I follow. Farewell to treaties. From now on war is our judge!"
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
Bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by maoisn View Post
Aaah. I keep forgetting not everyone is like me. I love the $25 flat sales tax. It keeps my bike trading hobby quite active.
Word - I had no intention of even going the Duc route but I could not pass up the offer to buy a bike that I could sell tomorrow and make $4K or even send it down the hwy on its side and make $7K from the insurance - This might be the only thing (other than the condo) that I am not upside down in

post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 11:19 AM

Sportbike: 08 YZ250F, 03 Tuono
Years Riding: Eh?
How you found us: .

Meh... you shoulda showed him some cleavage and cried a little. Might have saved that $75.

<---- Patrick

Property of Evil Monkey Racing

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
Bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Meh... you shoulda showed him some cleavage and cried a little. Might have saved that $75.
Well, his hand was kind of cold as it reasted on the back of my head and the tears did flow up his release

post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 11:35 AM
Super Moderator

Sportbike: bikeless
Years Riding: 10
How you found us: Shit, you know I'm a clsb OG!

Send a message via AIM to Vcook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug View Post
Well, his hand was kind of cold as it reasted on the back of my head and the tears did flow up his release
bahhahahahahhaha!!!!

Chris
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 11:58 AM
Facilitator

Sportbike: '03 Honda CBR 600RR
Years Riding: 12+
How you found us: a good friend

good story, kill them with kindness
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 12:15 PM

Sportbike: 2009 Triumph Street Triple R, 2011 Triumph Bonneville SE
Years Riding: 11
How you found us: web search

Being nice has always got me off. Only once did I get a ticket. Every time I got pulled over I was speeding but always did it when traffic was not around so I was only endangering myself I guess.

Under200
post #11 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 01:08 PM
U-P-G-R-A-Y-E-D-D

Sportbike: 04 GSXR6
Years Riding: 2
How you found us: I thought it was a line for muffins

Send a message via AIM to FiReBReTHa
Quote:
If bought from a private seller - This was purchased from Corse of Wisc - My sales tax will be 5 hundie and change and I have just been lazy and cheap - I get my quarter end bonus this month so I will be paying the $$ then
cough....

I did the same, but somehow I paid private party tax no clue how i did it. just smile allot and show some vleavagge at the dmv

www.firespeedtactical.com
Trial By Fire.
Like our page!
http://www.facebook.com/firespeedtactical

Quote:
"I'm spooning a barrett 50 cal. I could kill a building."
-Archer
post #12 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 01:44 PM
kc6
I'm mad bro

Sportbike: butter churn
Years Riding: Lots
How you found us: Googled "bullshit artists"

Quote:
Moral of this story, be kind, cool and polite when getting pulled over and you might just be suprised with the outcome
I have come across far more generous and cool cops than I have assholes by using the same approach, and it has served me well

Kevin

Ask me how to get a free kick in the teeth!
post #13 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 01:44 PM

Was that your 999 getting Computrak'd at 4&6?
post #14 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 04:15 PM Thread Starter
Bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by fargin_bastige View Post
Was that your 999 getting Computrak'd at 4&6?
Nope

post #15 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 05:06 PM
Your friendly Crazy Canuk

Sportbike: Ducati ST3 2005 Gloss Black, Monster 620, 2007 Sport Classic 1000
Years Riding: Crashing sucessfully since 1969
How you found us: Thru favorednation (ron)

Send a message via AIM to RickC1957 Send a message via Yahoo to RickC1957
that would never happen to me, I beat the cop was gay and thought you were pretty

Sometimes goodbye is your second chance.
post #16 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 05:25 PM Thread Starter
Bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickC1957 View Post
that would never happen to me, I beat the cop was gay and thought you were pretty
Don't hate me because I am beautiful

post #17 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 06:01 PM
YO MAMA

Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!

Quote:

Coming home from Full Moon in the express lanes of 90/94 heading back to the City - Bobbing and weaving thru 2 lanes of traffic at abooot 75 or so and then it opens up and so do I - I pass the State Boy and see him pull out - Look down and I am slowing to around 90 ish - He pulls me over - I de-gear and walk to his passenger window upon his invite - Hand him the paperwork and he asks why my tags are expired - Tell him that the bike was bought out of state and am waiting for the tags in the mail - He then asks if I know how fast I was going - I answer no but I know it was over 55, Sir. - We chat a bit and he says he clocked me at 95 but seeing as I have a clean record and was kind enough to pull over he is giving me a break and booking it at 70 - I ask if I can pay the fine ASAP so I can keep my license as I am flying this week - He then says I will give you another break and issue you an ibond and to just make sure I pay the fine - He then tells me of an on-line traffic school that if I complete and mail in the fine, it will not appear on my record - He then thanks me for pulling over and being polite (using yes Sir and no Sir and thank you Sir as much as I can without sounding too ass kisser) - I ask him if people actualy run on him and he tells me a story of 4 bikes he tried to pull over - 1 pulled over and 3 ran - The guy who pulled over was cool to him so he got the guy to call his buddies on their cell and tell them to come back because the bike is reported stollen and he is getting arrested - The 3 dumb asses come back and the LEO writes the 3 for speeding and lets the 1 who pulled over go

He then tells me that he is happy to see me with gear on and tells me that he is less tolerant to those who don't ride with it - Bottom line, the LEO could have:

1. Tix for expired plates matching the Busa (but he did not)
2. 95 in a 55 (gave me 70)
3. Kept my license until I go to court (ibond and on line traffic school instead)

All and all he was cool to me because I was polite to him - Learn from this if you can my friends - I am going to get the plates transed and pay my Sales tax ASAP as dude was cool so I owe him at least that - Not all LEO's are a holes, friends - They are people just like us - Treat them how you would like to be treated and you might be suprised

i KNEW IT WAS your bike, and now i know why you head was bobbing up and down in the front seat.

post #18 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 06:11 PM
Enjoying Life!!

Sportbike: 09 Night Rod Black Denim
Years Riding: Not Long Enuff!!!!
How you found us: Friends

Being nice doesn't always work, but glad it did for you

I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later!!
post #19 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 06:17 PM Thread Starter
Bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odysseys View Post
i KNEW IT WAS your bike, and now i know why you head was bobbing up and down in the front seat.
You came downtown and did not call? I think we need a break Ken - I want to see other Admins - It's not you, it's me - Sorry if I hurt you - I hope we can still be friends

post #20 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 07:01 PM

Sportbike: .
Years Riding: .
How you found us: .

Quote:
Not all LEO's are a holes, friends - They are people just like us - Treat them how you would like to be treated and you might be suprised
Awww....I think I'm gonna shed a tear

post #21 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 07:04 PM Thread Starter
Bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Criminalgrrl View Post
Awww....I think I'm gonna shed a tear

Just trying to show some love - I read a lot of posts about folks with "bad experiences" when it comes to the po po

post #22 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 07:15 PM
REDLEG!!!!!

Sportbike: Ducati Diavel Carbon Red
Years Riding: 28
How you found us: tripped over clsb during a drunken stupor

Send a message via Yahoo to lunardog
ah screw it. do what i do. keep a spray bottle filled with water in the car. and right before the officer comes to your window. spray yourself off and start shaking like a leaf. then sit back and enjoy the show in his/her nice air conditioned cruiser while they go through your car and find all your lost change for you.

Operating a motorcycle. So easy, even a caveman can do it. Knowing how to ride? Priceless.

Ray
post #23 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 07:19 PM Thread Starter
Bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunardogracing View Post
ah screw it. do what i do. keep a spray bottle filled with water in the car. and right before the officer comes to your window. spray yourself off and start shaking like a leaf. then sit back and enjoy the show in his/her nice air conditioned cruiser while they go through your car and find all your lost change for you.
I had the windows removed from the Duc - For the weight and all

post #24 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 09:48 AM
B.O.B

Sportbike: 'nana.
Years Riding: Look at my join date, ruh-tard.
How you found us: SBN?

Send a message via AIM to EndlessRR
Never been stopped on the bike, i guess doing the speed limit does have it's advantages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2G
No one says you have to get drunk everytime you drink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoodles
Isn't that like having sex and not finishing though?
post #25 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 09:53 AM
Orgynizer

Sportbike: 07 600RR
Years Riding: 8 years
How you found us: ......................

You lucked out!!!!!

Shelly
STT Northern Promotions Coordinator
post #26 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 09:56 AM
teets

Sportbike: teets
Years Riding: teets
How you found us: teets

Send a message via AIM to Flounder
My uncles a City cop.. one of my best friends is a IL state trooper. I'm untouchable!

teets
post #27 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 10:40 AM
Super Moderator

Sportbike: bikeless
Years Riding: 10
How you found us: Shit, you know I'm a clsb OG!

Send a message via AIM to Vcook
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiReBReTHa View Post
cough....

I did the same, but somehow I paid private party tax no clue how i did it. just smile allot and show some vleavagge at the dmv
this is tax evasion, and a bad idea. Hope it doesnt catch up with you.

Chris
post #28 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 06:17 PM Thread Starter
Bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vcook View Post
this is tax evasion, and a bad idea. Hope it doesnt catch up with you.
HEY! What did I say about this Pro Bono work man? You're gettin out of control and our books are a mess

post #29 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 07:07 PM
YO MAMA

Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!

Quote:
You came downtown and did not call? I think we need a break Ken - I want to see other Admins - It's not you, it's me - Sorry if I hurt you - I hope we can still be friends

post #30 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 08:31 PM
Cruising through life

Sportbike: '11 Harley VRSCF
Years Riding: 7 years
How you found us: searched under "degenerates"

nicely done

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode