Moto GP 3 suck's - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-09-2003, 03:02 AM Thread Starter

Moto GP 3 suck's

Let this be a warning to all, I just bought Moto GP 3 for ps2 and I'm taking it back already. Nothing has changed on this game since the first one basiclly, except you can wheelie and do stoppie's. The burn out's are pitiful. The game play is the same as the first one, the only thing is that the bike's are different and so are the riders. You can do better thing's on Vice City as far as I'm concered, Vice city will at least keep you attention longer. Maybe I'm the only person that feels this way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-09-2003, 06:37 AM
bwa
Boom

Sportbike: None :(
Years Riding: not long enough
How you found us: Crazeinc

I have the first Moto GP for XBOX, and you could do wheelies and stoppies.

I can see though how there probably isn't much of a change, I'll wait 'till I can rent it.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-09-2003, 07:15 AM
Doc

Sportbike: 2006 Lemond Zurich
Years Riding: since the age of 4
How you found us: SBN...back in the day!

Send a message via AIM to Doc
Wayne- If they don't let you return it, I might buy it off you. Even though I didn't play much MotoGP2 because I was waiting for 3 to come out, I like the game. I rented it on saturday and Cherry and I were going at it back and forth. I give it a thumbs up

Doc

2006 Lemond Zurich

"A man who dares to waste an hour of life has not discovered the value of life."-Darwin
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-09-2003, 08:01 AM

IMO - I liked it. The game is about racing, not stunting. The first one was cheesy because it did stoppies into every corner.. which was total BS. The challenge is hitting your braking markers & turn in points and controlling the throttle for a nice powerslide and wheeliing out of the corner. I think the realism from the POV of riding on the track is fairly good. And you can still pull a wheelie any time you want.

I
ll admit... they should have tossed in some trademark celebration moves like Rossi standing on teh seat and taking a bow, or sittign o nthe tank and pumping his arms and legs. I think the programmesrs spent most of their time improvign the track designs (there are at elast 3 new tracks I think) and getting the calculations and algorithms right for the new 4 strokes instead.

That's just my opinion.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-09-2003, 08:47 AM
freaking newbies, man there slow, ha ha ha

Sportbike: Big Wheel
Years Riding: Since 3
How you found us: This is required?

The only thing I don't like about it is how liberal you can get with the rear brake and how you won't get squirrely, especially when turning, and the fact that you only powerslide if you tap the gas twice instead of just being on the gas too hard. I haven't played anything besides the 1st one, though, to see if the physics have improved.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-09-2003, 09:24 AM

Sportbike: I don't ride
How you found us: google

Are you guys playing in simulation mode? That's the only way to play it. You can light up the rear at will and you can even back the bike into the corners. As far as trademark moves... Rossi does stand up on his pegs when crossing the finish line if you tap the special moves button. You can even take a tear off off your helmet on the straights. It also gets very squirrely if you brake too hard into a corner and you will lowside too if you trailbrake too hard. I think the game is fantastic. I have all 3 and I love it!

<---- Useless Mufugga
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-09-2003, 09:35 AM
BEER!

Sportbike: '01 SV650S (Pokey!) '02 Honda CR125 (Blockhead)
Years Riding: 5
How you found us: SBN

Send a message via AIM to Grover
I play MotoGP2 in simulation mode only. I love it. Makes it damn tough. I can't use the 'on the bike' view (where you can see your hands and the windscreen). It doesn't look through the corners so it's tough for me to get it to go in the right spot.

I rented MotoGP3 last week. I didn't buy it since I figured it didn't change that much from MotoGP2. I was right. The super advanced stuff like front and rear brakes might make it better for you folks, but I never tried those.

Chris

NESBA/CCS #142
AIM: GroverSV650S
Dirtbikes are not submarines
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-09-2003, 11:18 AM

I own motogp3 also, and i really like it, I think its geared alot more (if not totally) for the track crazy people, Right now my bike of choice is the red bull yamaha 500 (Red Bull addict), I'm still getting a hang of it though, Simulation mode is killer. Anyone got any tips on beating the first challenge that fo0l always smokes me, I get soo close tooo. Oh well.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-09-2003, 11:25 AM
BEER!

Quote:
Originally posted by jenova sin
I own motogp3 also, and i really like it, I think its geared alot more (if not totally) for the track crazy people, Right now my bike of choice is the red bull yamaha 500 (Red Bull addict), I'm still getting a hang of it though, Simulation mode is killer. Anyone got any tips on beating the first challenge that fo0l always smokes me, I get soo close tooo. Oh well.
I tried for a long time to beat that challenge. I couldn't do it. You probably need a manual transmission and damn good reflexes, with the RPMs just right when the flag drops.

I've done about 10 of the challenges in MotoGP2. Unlocked a lot of pictures.

Chris

NESBA/CCS #142
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-09-2003, 11:28 AM
freaking newbies, man there slow, ha ha ha

Sportbike: Big Wheel
Years Riding: Since 3
How you found us: This is required?

sounds like there has been some improvements since the first one, because I've played in sim mode before without any of the stuff TZDeSioux is describing.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-09-2003, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by GroverSV650S
I tried for a long time to beat that challenge. I couldn't do it. You probably need a manual transmission and damn good reflexes, with the RPMs just right when the flag drops.

Chris
I know man tell me about it. He kills me off the line, then I start to reel him in but in the end he beats me by a small margin. I think you are right, You just have to shift at that bikes cherry spot. i thought it was around 15k....
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-09-2003, 12:22 PM
TP5

I think both MotoGP for PS2 and X-Box fail to compare to SBK 2000/2001 and GP 500 for the PC if you are looking for a more realistic bike game.

Even in the sim mode MotoGP 1-2-3(PS2) is still to arcade-ish for me and I absolutely hate MotoGP for the X-box.

Melbourne House who did GP500 for PC recently released an F1 game for PS2 that is simply incredible. Grand Turismo looks great but only has 5 or 6 cars on the track. This game has 22 highly detailed cars on the track at Grand Tursimo quality and never drops a frame. When they pulled the same trick with LeMans 24 on Dreamcast I spoke with and they said they were planing on doing a bike game for the consoles. After seeing F1 Challenge I hope they do. They let you work on suspension and everything. More enjoyable IMHO. The MotoGP series is fun for me only if I'm playing someone or sitting on the bike at the arcade. SBK 2k/2k1 and GP500 are the kind of games that I will play and work on to shave the tiniest amount of time from a lap. They can be hard but its worth it
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-09-2003, 12:35 PM

Sportbike: I don't ride
How you found us: google

Quote:
Originally posted by jenova sin
You have to use manual transmission as well as sim on. You have to time the launch perfect and get right behind that Jack Blade ass or whatever his name is. Also Make sure you shift at about 12k don't rev it out all the way. Oh yeah.. and stay in his draft till the very last second then pop out otherwise he'll get in your draft and pass you right back. Hope that helps.

<---- Useless Mufugga
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-09-2003, 12:37 PM

Sportbike: looking to get dirty!
Years Riding: long time

Before ya break the PS2 and tv because of it call me.......I'll come by with a truck and keep the stuff at my house so you won't go ballistic on it.

Brian (F.K.A. Crazy)

Gamertag: CRAZY403

“You can’t escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.”

-Abraham Lincoln

“Blessed are the young, for they shall inherit the national debt.”

-Herbert Hoover
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-09-2003, 12:48 PM

Sportbike: 05 CRF50
Years Riding: "Since 1992"
How you found us: You found me

Whats the deal with PS2 having 3 versions of MotoGP and Xbox only having one. I love it for the Xbox...never played it on PS2 though.

It's realistic enough to keep me busy over the winter.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-09-2003, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Kruz
Whats the deal with PS2 having 3 versions of MotoGP and Xbox only having one. I love it for the Xbox...never played it on PS2 though.

It's realistic enough to keep me busy over the winter.
MotoGP2 for PS2 is the same basic game as MotoGP for Xbox.

MotoGP3 for PS2 is the same basic game as MotoGP2 for Xbox.

Xbox never had the original so the sequels are screwed up. I much prefer the Xbox version to the PS2 versions of MotoGP and MotoGP2....doesn't sound like they've changed too much other than maybe some improved physics and adding the fourstroke bikes for version3.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-09-2003, 01:04 PM
BEER!

Quote:
Originally posted by vtr996
MotoGP2 for PS2 is the same basic game as MotoGP for Xbox.

MotoGP3 for PS2 is the same basic game as MotoGP2 for Xbox.

Xbox never had the original so the sequels are screwed up. I much prefer the Xbox version to the PS2 versions of MotoGP and MotoGP2....doesn't sound like they've changed too much other than maybe some improved physics and adding the fourstroke bikes for version3.
That's about it. PS2 still doesn't have on line play for the MotoGP series. Must be a pain to program or something?

Chris

NESBA/CCS #142
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-09-2003, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by GroverSV650S

Chris
You definitely have signifacantly more throttle control using a manual tranny and the analog throttle control for gas and brakes. You can modulate it much better. For a better dirve off corner, it's sometimes best to short shift and use the torque of the 4 stroke do its' job. If you rev out 1st-3rd gear you just get wheel spin. Also the I-4 in the Yamaha is a little easier ot control the throttle on. The Honda just has huge hairy balls in this game. Hell you can almost leave that thing in 4th or 5th gear and hardly lose much on your lap times.
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-09-2003, 01:14 PM
TP5

Though they have the same name (which isn't smart) the two games aren't related at all. they are made by two different companies.

Namco makes the PS2 one and is based on the Arcade game from a few years back. THQ makes the X-Box/PC one.

But if you really do love MotoGP X-box they have the second one coming out in a couple of months
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-09-2003, 07:11 PM

I absolutely love the THQ XBox game. The controls 'feel' better, the graphics are photo realistic, the sound is superb (if you have a 5.1 home theater, the thunder when it's raining will have you checking your windows), and it's online multiplayer.

I bought the Namco MotoGP3 game for the PS2, and don't feel anywhere near the same. The controls are too twitchy, it doesn't feel like you have the same control of the rider, the graphics are so so, the bikes are too skinny, the lean animation is a kin to the old Sega game Hang On, the sound is lacking. I do like the power wheelies coming out of turns though. Oh, and the first person view is useless. The cockpit of the bike takes up most of the screen.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode