bridge 109 - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-25-2007, 03:58 AM Thread Starter
REDLEG!!!!!

Sportbike: Ducati Diavel Carbon Red
Years Riding: 28
How you found us: tripped over clsb during a drunken stupor

Send a message via Yahoo to lunardog
bridge 109

just had a strange dream. here it goes

in my dream i`m a police officer (really) with gung-ho rookie partner, in indiana. somewhere not too far outside of chicago but still more rural than urban. the highways in the area are somewhat desolate and mainly unoccupied yet still divided four lane highway with lots of oddly twisted and strangely steep graded hills, very twilight zone-ish.

We get a call over the radio. it says we`re late to bridge 109. my partner asks me. what`s so special about bridge 109? immediately following his question, a description comes over the radio saying that lots of deaths and weird things happen at bridge 109 and that we should be careful getting there. at this point i explain to my partner that many people have disappeared there while driving that stretch of road.

as we drive along the highway i`m compelled to get there. my partner keeps going on about the bridge. more and more bridges are noticeable as we continue along our way. the roads become ridiculously steep almost 90 degree grades at one point. the cars bogs down barely moving at times.

on the backside of these hills the speeds going downhill are appropriately matched to the downward pitch of these hills. the corners going down range from sweepers to decreasing radius banked turns. it becomes harder to stay on the road with the cruiser. but that doesn`t seem to matter really because there`s plenty of smooth sailing even just off the road, so i drive on.

at one point, off the road, the cruiser gets stuck at bridge 102. he asks me if this is it. i say no it`s still down the road a bit. but the car is stuck. not in mud and not damaged but immobile for no appareant reason. i begin to walk. along side the highway in a cement runoff partner in tow.

but then somehow, we find ourselves back in the car on the highway racing along again. the cars handling limited now. the steering wheel doesn`t turn more than 3 inches lock to lock. the road gets more difficult. the bridges are coming faster now. 106, 107,108. the car is drifting through a banked right hander to off camber left hander around a steep grassy hillside on the left and open sky on the right. we approach a low cement railing on the right side of the road and a calm watered river just beyond. there`s tightly woven wood support beams opposite the river and some sort of railing atop it. we cannot see what`s on the other side.

the car gracefully goes airborn as the steering is unresponsive. it clears the cement wall and in total silence, with only the sound of the engine decellerating to idle the cruiser hits the water and goes down into the deep filling up with water almost instantly and immediately we`re below the surface of the water by 10 feet easiliy and sinking fast. the sun glistening down through the water as the view of wooden support beams looms in front of us. we never even tried to get out. i realized at that moment. it wasn`t a dispatch call at all. it was a call from a much more powerful source. calling us to our doom.

ya see, we were already dead. we just didn`t know it. drowned in our squad car at the river under bridge 109. a bridge we weren`t even sure was a bridge at all. we never slowed down. the expediancy of the call was to relive it at the exact moment it happened. not knowing how or when or that we actually passed on made us ignorant to the fact that we were supposed to relive our demise. perhaps to make it seem real or perhaps no reason but to relive the incident one more time. either way the dream goes into a 3rd person view after that and from the surface? noone around to witness. just pure serenity. like we never even existed. just a sunset and a view and the water below.

yeah that one woke me up. seems i rarely remember my dreams anymore but when i do they always seem twisted. but then again? they always were. guess i got a little alfred hitchcock in me.

Operating a motorcycle. So easy, even a caveman can do it. Knowing how to ride? Priceless.

Ray
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-25-2007, 04:21 AM

the climax of that is the beginning of Bettlejuice...someone have a Michael Keaton fantasy they're hiding?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-25-2007, 07:34 AM Thread Starter
REDLEG!!!!!

Sportbike: Ducati Diavel Carbon Red
Years Riding: 28
How you found us: tripped over clsb during a drunken stupor

Send a message via Yahoo to lunardog
wasn`t upside down lol

Operating a motorcycle. So easy, even a caveman can do it. Knowing how to ride? Priceless.

Ray

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode