Need to Vent - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 12:56 AM Thread Starter
The Halo hides my Horns

Sportbike: SV650
Years Riding: 1 year
How you found us: Google

Need to Vent

I'm cooled off now, but I still need to vent...and this is a reminder to all sport bike riders out there to be careful, and suspect EVERYONE!

So Peanut and I left the B4B ride and were taking back roads home (partially because I took a wrong turn, but knew Rt53 would get me home). So we are just cruising up Rt53 and are just coming to the point where it's leaving Romeoville and entering Bolingbrook. We are rolling into the turn lane where Rt53 goes straight north/south and turns into Bolingbrook Dr...This pickup truck in front of us does a really sudden stop/panic stop in the turn lane, about 4 car lengths before the car in front of him.

I don't think anything of it...I always give myself plenty of room and I stopped with room to spare...I figure the guy dropped his cigarette in his lap or realized he was in the wrong turn lane or something. But my Spidey Senses are tingling, so I lean over to try and make eye contact in the side mirror...no go, tinted windows...I can't see shit.

So the light goes green and we all turn one by one. The truck goes rather slowly around the turn and picks the inside lane. I flick my turn signal the other way and go around him in the curbside lane, glancing in my mirrors as I always do to make sure Peanut is behind me and everything is OK before I start to roll the throttle....only to see this guy accelerate and move over blocking her from making the lane change and following me.

At this point I figure I stepped on the guys dick...You know how it is...a macho guy gets all pissed that you're faster and smoother then him and feels the need to race you or block you or cut you off because you made him feel like he's got a small dick. Whatever...I slow down to give him space to pass me and give Peanut a chance to catch up. He takes the chance to rocket past me, but then pulls right in front of me and does a hard brake check.

Again, no big deal to me...I'm faster, lighter, more agile, and I certainly was ready for this dickhead move so I come to a near dead stop with room to spare, and see Peanut pull up in formation behind me and on my right. I give this guy plenty of room to accelerate off and shrug it off. Not sure what his problem is, I can’t recall having done anything to deserve this…

As the lanes open up I give him wide berth and go past him as he's going slowly in the curbside lane gain, Peanut and I are in the middle lane moving even further away to the far inside lane; I glance in my mirror to see this fuckhead diving into her lane and trying to sweep her!!!!! Peanut glides out of the way like no big deal and blasts past me as I slow down to make eye contact with this guy and give him a WTF hand up in the air look. And he has the gall to wave me to follow him off the frontage road right by the Denny's just north of I55.

Your damn right I follow him!

He goes about a half block down and does another sudden stop and I pull up next to his window as he rolls it down while spouting profanities, screaming about how I need to learn to ride, and just kept repeating Jap-crap this and Japanese that.

I flip my visor up and point my thumb over my shoulder and I say "you feel tough trying to knock a little girl off her motorcycle you stupid motherfucker...you like knocking girls off there bikes?? What is your problem??" And he continues to spout Jap-Crap this and Japanese that...I was so baffled at his anger, but his lame response was about to make me furiously violent...I kick the side stand down, lean forward and get right up into his face and say "is that the best you can do? Jap-crap?!?" I don't think he was expecting me to follow him and pull up to have words with him, let alone stop and get in his face...he looked baffled.

I reach to take off my helmet with one hand while reaching for his door handle with the other hand with full intent to pull his ass out of there and smash his fucking face in....if I wasn't pulling teeth out of the shell of my helmet when I got home, I wouldn't have been satisfied....

But then, over my shoulder I hear this little *Beep-Beep*. I look over to see Brianne on her little Ninja, close, but not close enough to be run over should this jerk-off back up suddenly...and she give me this look with her hands up in the air like "WTF, is everything OK??"

I take a deep breath and this guy is already starting to roll away...I think he may have given me the finger, but at this point my anger deflated.

Mr. angry, purple heart license plate, old guy in an orange metallic Chevy Avalanche...your ass just got saved by a little girl on Japanese bike with a cute little horn....a little Japanese horn that almost made me smile when I heard it's little Japanese *Beep-Beep*.

aut cum scuto aut in scuto

http://www.firespeedtactical.com

My ZenFolio Gallery: www.LonelyRaven.ZenFolio.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 01:06 AM
YO MAMA

Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!

thats fucked up big time.

let me share something that i KNOW is hard to do and i KNOW is hard as hell to back down when he almost took out your women.

PULL OVER, take 5 minutes, light a smoke, drink some water or something.

there could have been so many different outcomes, like a vet going nuts and gunning you down right there and then.

anyone behind the wheel can kill us, and we need to remember we REALLY need to remember to yield to everyone and everything around us while on a bike. we are so fragile and acceptable to anything around us. a 3000 pound truck or some asshole that has a gun under his seat is just a few to name off.

if i was you i might have done the same thing, its easy for me to type this cause it didn't happen to me, and i wasn't the one watching my wife trying to get runned off.

god forbid something like ever happens to a loved one of mine which is 1/2 the reason i HATE the fact my wife is STARTING to get appealed to riding cause of all the girls on here recently.

i just dont know how i would react, but i hope i take my own advise someday.

god knows i cant take my own advise when it was just me they were fucking with.

there is a few guys on here which have seen my anger, and heard about it. knifed up leather jackets from fighting and chipped up helmets and a crack piece off my helmet from smashing someone face leaving a bar "which i wasnt drinking" just looking for this guy that told me had a garage dyno.

Last edited by Odysseys; 07-30-2007 at 01:09 AM.
post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 01:22 AM

Ive been in situations like that. I just took their mirror off by kicking or punching it, and make like Rossi and get on with my day
post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 01:34 AM Thread Starter
The Halo hides my Horns

Thanks Ken.

Oddly, you'll be happy to know that I could hear you in the back of my head saying "don't do it man...only something bad could come of this".

Not that I listened to you of course. But your words of wisdom do echo in the back of my sometimes near empty head.

I am glad nothing came of it, but sometimes I feel the need to call people on their BS. If Brianne had been hurt, chances are he would have gotten away clean because I would have have been stopping in the middle of the road to tend to her.

I'm honestly torn when something like this happens...if we continue to shrug it off and not let it get to us, it will continue to happen. But then again, a 1911 .45 ACP round in my chest from some shell shocked Vet who got buzzed by some Squids earlier in the day and decided to take it out on me...the first slow moving "Jap-Crap" he could find....well, that would kinda put a damper on my weekend.

post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 01:48 AM

Sportbike: 97 yzf1000, 05 ZX10R
Years Riding: 100,000 + miles
How you found us: friend

Very Glad you both are ok..... What a complete fuctard that guy is!
post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 06:57 AM

Sportbike: 2009 Triumph Street Triple R, 2011 Triumph Bonneville SE
Years Riding: 11
How you found us: web search

What an asshole. Unfortunately you will find that this tends to be the norm with some cagers. As you ride longer your skin thickens up and you just ride defensively more often. They guy in the cage probably had a case of nano-cock along with a non-attractive wive at home that forbids him to get a bike, therefore he resents anyone on a bike. Glad to hear everything ended without any injuries.

Under200
post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 07:08 AM
Armed law abiding citizen

Sportbike: '74 Yamaha RD350
Years Riding: idk

I had a guy yell at me for riding jap crap the morning of the ride (Ironicially on rt 53 and I55 at the truck stop getting fuel). I explained to him they speak the Kings english where my bike was made. :lamo: Then watched him unsucessfully push start his HD. Funny shizzle.
I used to be a lot crazier, but age has set in, and I just shrug it off. And I have clsb stickers on my bike, trying to give us and others a better name. Maybe I should stop those stand up wheelies...

Last edited by Dave13; 07-30-2007 at 07:10 AM.
post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 07:16 AM
Lovin this Twin

Sportbike: 05 SV1000S, Wide Glide, DR350
Years Riding: 1/2 hour then it rained
How you found us: member

Send a message via AIM to Hooligan Send a message via Yahoo to Hooligan
When my girl rides with me I always put myself between her and anything I assume could be harmful....For the most part I think she doesnt like it, but your situation is exactly why I do so.

You did the right thing by restraining yourself, I dunno if I could of done that.

Feel better knowing he drove home all uncomfortable like, knowing he pissid himself a little.

This is gonna hurt!
post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 07:41 AM
Chief Apex Inspector

Sportbike: The Bird is the *word* - XX
Years Riding: Lots
How you found us: Stuck on the bottom of my race boot.......

Everywhere you go..... there's an asshole.

Tom

T2
It's ALL between the ears.....
NESBA Midwest CR #82 ( Hey - T2! ) Retired ?
FJR and a Big Red Wing-Thing
BLARNEY's GARAGE
post #10 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 08:02 AM

invest in that helmet cam, then we would have real time of this jackass. He would be a youtube celebrity. Can you imagine how he would feel then. when he got a friendly wave from every jap bike in chicagoland.
post #11 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 08:03 AM
Illegitimi non Carborundu

Sportbike: That Bike
Years Riding: That Long
How you found us: Google Search for "sexy."

Send a message via AIM to Paul Send a message via MSN to Paul Send a message via Yahoo to Paul Send a message via Skype™ to Paul
Restraint is tough to come by, like Ken said. Many a time I have wanted to make my intentions known with people who, seemingly purposely, try to drive like ass holes. I am glad it didn't escalate into somethign far worse. Had Peanut not pulled up, you may have gone a lot further than you really wanted to. Thank her for her great timing

2012 Goldwing Owner
2013 Ninja 1000 Owner
2013 Harley Davidson Night Rod Special Owner
post #12 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 08:09 AM Thread Starter
The Halo hides my Horns

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcohenchicago View Post
you may have gone a lot further than you really wanted to. Thank her for her great timing
Very much so it could/would have.

I've already thanked her.

I just worry about explaining to her parents should something happen to her. They are unaware of her owning a motorcycle as it's one of those things they absolutely forbade....especially considering her dad in an Allstate guy.

post #13 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 08:14 AM
PPF Installer

Sportbike: 01 GSXR 600
Years Riding: 5
How you found us: post on gixxer.com

something tells me this guy might not have a computer or know how to use it, so if it was on video he wouldn't ever be able to see himself.

Anyway, glad to hear that nothing really bad came out of this and glad to hear that cooler heads prevailed (Peanut to the rescue).

Personally no matter how much someone pisses me off in their cage and is a hazard I do what ever I can to end the situation as soon as possible. Make me think of when I was still living in Virginia, alot of people were getting shot right in traffic due to road rage. A guy I worked with on the ship, his wife watched a person get shot right in front of her by some jerkoff driving next to em right on the highway.
post #14 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 08:17 AM
PPF Installer

Sportbike: 01 GSXR 600
Years Riding: 5
How you found us: post on gixxer.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Raven View Post
Very much so it could/would have.

I've already thanked her.

I just worry about explaining to her parents should something happen to her. They are unaware of her owning a motorcycle as it's one of those things they absolutely forbade....especially considering her dad in an Allstate guy.
my mother forbabe motorcycles prior to her knowing I rode and then once she found out that I wear my gear and took a safety class she then tells me that her BF in HS had a bike and she would ride with him all the time. I was like
post #15 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 08:21 AM
vroom vroom

Sportbike: '05 Z750S
Years Riding: 10 yrs
How you found us: Katanaplanet

What an asshole. Sometimes you just don't know what the hell gets into people

-Mike
post #16 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 08:23 AM
Bug
Ridiculously Good Looking

Sportbike: Sportbike?
Years Riding: No F'in Idea
How you found us: 4 & 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLARNEY View Post
Everywhere you go..... there's an asshole.

Tom
I apply this little pearl of wisdom to many situations daily

As for the fuck in the cage, that has happened sooooo many times and will continue to happen many more - The more you ride, the more it will happen and next time, you will just chuckle under your helmet because you know this fukstick is not even worth the energy you would need to expend and any time you give this fuk is time you take away from riding

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW, what a RIDE !!"
post #17 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 08:23 AM
RIP Ashwin

Sportbike: '07 CBR600RR
Years Riding: 5 years
How you found us: a friend/member

Send a message via Yahoo to Nessey
OMG! I am so glad you are both ok! You don't know what that guy was capable of or what he had in his car!

Nessey
2007 CBR 600 RR
post #18 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 08:31 AM Thread Starter
The Halo hides my Horns

Quote:
Originally Posted by trondoctor00 View Post
invest in that helmet cam, then we would have real time of this jackass. He would be a youtube celebrity. Can you imagine how he would feel then. when he got a friendly wave from every jap bike in chicagoland.
I'd really like a helmet cam honestly, I just can't afford one right now. I was hoping the cost of them had come down a bunch, but they still seem pretty expensive.

post #19 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 08:32 AM
Facilitator

Sportbike: '03 Honda CBR 600RR
Years Riding: 12+
How you found us: a good friend

I'm glad you're ok. crazy people out on the road
post #20 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 08:33 AM Thread Starter
The Halo hides my Horns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug View Post
I apply this little pearl of wisdom to many situations daily

As for the fuck in the cage, that has happened sooooo many times and will continue to happen many more - The more you ride, the more it will happen and next time, you will just chuckle under your helmet because you know this fukstick is not even worth the energy you would need to expend and any time you give this fuk is time you take away from riding
This is usually how I am...I just flipped when he tried to sweep Peanut.

You should have heard her when we got to the theater...she's like "it's a good thing he didn't come out of his truck...I'd ram him with the Ninja and see how he likes it".

She cracks me up!

post #21 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 08:46 AM
Serious inquiries only

Sportbike: Specialized Allez Comp; Gkotlin's SV650
Years Riding: Always learning

Send a message via AIM to Mort82
Don't fight, defend.
post #22 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 08:49 AM
I'm always learning......

Sportbike: 2k14 FLHXS, 1981 FXE, 1949 HD EL Panhead, Yami PW80
Years Riding: Long, long, long, long, long time.
How you found us: GPS

Roadrage is a [email protected] Been there. It comes on like someone flicked a switch. Better to cool out than to have to be bailed out.

Synthetic Lifelike Organism Responsible for Observation and Logical Learning - SLOROLL

Remember there's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over. Zappa 1974

And I said....."Look here brother, who you jiving with that cosmik debris? Now is that a real poncho or is that a Sears poncho? Zappa 1974
post #23 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 08:56 AM
Mr.President-FTMFW!!!

Sportbike: 2006 750 GSXR Black & Yellow
Years Riding: 1 season (and then some)
How you found us: Wink

Send a message via AIM to Rated R
I'm very glad Peanut is ok and saved you too! It isn't worth it! I had a similar situation happen to me 1 morning on my way to work on 294 N. Some stupid lady was all pissed about me getting in the express lane in front of her (I was in my car). She blew her horn 3/4 of the way through the express lane and then she trailed me all the way to my exit. I told everyone at work that morning that people are total morons! She doesn't know anything about me or my temperment (which is laid back-lucky for her). But heck I could be on my way to kill someone and she just happen to be on route and I take her out just because! You never know the next person could be a total psycho and it's not worth finding out! Yes take the time to calm down and let it go! If all else you got away not giving in to the those feelings of rage that they obviously subscribe to and that burns a lot of people more!

Glad you guys are safe!

Rhasheeda
2006 GSXR 750

"I never asked for nothing I don't demand of myself
Honesty, loyalty, friends and then wealth"
Jay-Z, Justify My Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowass View Post
...I know it's trashy. Hense, the Slowass Experience.
post #24 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 09:01 AM

Sportbike: 04 Zuma, 06 Crf50
Years Riding: sho' nuff!
How you found us: Nesba

assholes in suvs... i really just don't get it.

similar shit happened to me 4 times in 2 days except i'm in a little subaru wagon with temp plates. it's been maybe 1-2 years since i rode on the street; i've lost my desensitization to these pricks.
post #25 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 09:11 AM
Enjoying Life!!

Sportbike: 09 Night Rod Black Denim
Years Riding: Not Long Enuff!!!!
How you found us: Friends

Glad everything turned out for the better and not reading something bad today.

I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later!!
post #26 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 09:16 AM
Armed law abiding citizen

Sportbike: '74 Yamaha RD350
Years Riding: idk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nessey95 View Post
OMG! I am so glad you are both ok! You don't know what I have in my shirt!
post #27 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 10:30 AM
Every motor needs a turbo

Sportbike: Had a Liquid Silver R1
Years Riding: longer than paved roads were common
How you found us: fellow rider

believe me...i learned the hard way of what people in cars are capable of.

me and my friends pull up to a stoplight behind a car. he must have pissed someone off because other bikes pull up and knock his mirror off. the guy throws it into reverse and plows into us like bowling pins. me and about 6 of my friends all riding 2up get mowed down. yeah...people can be pretty nutty so i just stay away.

post #28 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 10:38 AM
Go big or go home!!

Sportbike: 2012 Ducati Panigale S, 2014 Triumph Scrambler
Years Riding: 147 Years, 4 months, 22 days
How you found us: looking for free porn on the internet

Man some fucked up shit out there. Glad you were okay and didn't have to take it to the next level. I'm sure the old man would've regretted it.

You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.
You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.
You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.
You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down.
You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.
You cannot build character and courage by taking away people's initiative and independence.
You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves.

....Abraham Lincoln
post #29 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 10:44 AM

I'm glad you are both all right. Keep your temper down its not worth it, there is to many crazy people around that you don't know what they capable of. Unfortunately you probably will have few more situations like that, just stay away.
post #30 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 10:52 AM
a hollow voice says plugh

Sportbike: sold
Years Riding: legally- 7
How you found us: don't remember

Send a message via AIM to Zero Send a message via Yahoo to Zero
I just like how the idiot uses the fact that you're on a motorcycle manufactured by a Japanese company as justification for his being a dick.

I'm not a big guy, but I've pulled up to these kind of people in my cage after they threw a little fit directed toward me to find out WTF the problem is. There's no reasoning with them. They always just scream and never listen to what you say.

Trust me, I'm a rules of the road Nazi when it comes to everything other than occasional speeding- and every problem I've had with other motorists has always been due to their rude disregard for the rules of the road. It's sadly humorous how they get so angry at you when they're in the wrong.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode