Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Living in Downers

1K views 32 replies 15 participants last post by  Flounder 
#1 ·
Anyone here live in Downers with a room for rent and a garage for the bike? I'm now 90 percent sure I want to move up by work so my commute is less than 10 minutes. The closer to york town the better.

#2 ·
My current living situation is coming to an end... my landlord is remodeling our 2 flat and turning it into a SFH. I'm living in Roscoe Village now and commuting all the way to DG. So, being that I need to move... i'm re-entertaining the idea of living out in Downers Grove (near work and no more than 1-3 miles away). I work right off 88 on Highland across from the York town mall.

My question is, does anyone know (besides craigslist) how I should go about looking for a room or apartment out here? Ideally I would want a garage spot for the bike, which is my biggest concern right now. If you know anyone who needs a roommate or has a decently priced 1 bed please let me know. I am not looking to spend over 700 a month.

#7 · (Edited)
Lombard is a shithole. :jester

#9 ·
Downers Grove and Woodridge aka Hoodridge aka A quite little place called SHUT THE FUCK UP has many places. You can try the luxury apartments over by RT 53. I would sort of kind of consider it the Yuppie part of Woodridge. Minutes from Downtown Nappy Thrill. For those who are familiar with the area, its near WSE's meet up spot before we hit Manneheim.

#18 ·
If you know the guy it could turn out to be a nightmare also.

Greg as much as this is going to suck, you should move back home with your parents and save some cash. Then buy yourself a place. I know a nice little 2 bedroom, 2 bath, in unit washer and dryer, with attached 1.5 car garage in Woodridge that will be up for sale within the year. Only a 20 minute drive to work. :yaya

#23 ·
Craigslist and roommates.com is what I attempted to use. But I could not find someone close enough to where I work that seemed "normal" enough that I could trust them to share. So I am still paying a premium to sit in an apartment alone, probably for the better.

Keep your eyes peeled though, every once in a while something good will come along and you need to jump on it. Check both the room to share and the for rent area.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.